[App][2.2+] AutomateIt - Automate Your Android !

Search This thread

Muzikant

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
www.automateitapp.com
AutomateIt is a simple automation tool for your Android device.

The application lets you define a set of your desired behaviors in response to events on your Android device. Each behavior/rule is defined as a pair of Trigger-Action that can be selected from a large set including SMS, bluetooth, wifi, location, headset, applications, battery and more triggers/actions.

AutomateIt provides a default set of useful rules to get you started:
Low battery warning
Quiet at night
Normal sound mode at morning
Max volume when headset unplugged
Lower volume when headset plugged
Unmute by SMS

Create your own rules with AutomateIt or use its built-in Rules Market with thousands of rules created and shared by AutomateIt users and use them on your device!

Screenshots: (Click to enlarge)
View attachment 3288051View attachment 3288052View attachment 3288053View attachment 3288054 9-widgets.jpg

Links: User Guide, FAQ, Beta, Translation, Video

XDA Reviews: News, Video

Facebook: AutomateItApp
Twitter: @AutomateItApp

Last edited:

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I really like the idea of this, being so heavily configurable, but it doesn't do the 1 thing that I want. I want to turn off screen lock when connected to my home wifi. There's already a dedicated app for that, so it looks like I'll have to stick with that for now.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.benhirashima.unlockwithwififree

If you do update this to include that action, then I'll be all over it! Cheers for the hard work.

Last edited:
Reactions: iDpC1 and jakkrith

brantje

Jan 14, 2008
Friendstream.net
Can you make that i can select multiple triggers, if one, or more because true (or all true), then execute it.
Also to have more actions per rule would be nice =D

Last edited:

Muzikant

May 3, 2011
www.automateitapp.com
I want to turn off screen lock when connected to my home wifi

I have another post on my blog that you can vote for some features that were already requested by other users. Enable/Disable screen lock is one of those features and I believe it will be included in one of the next updates.
AutomateIt - Vote for feature

Can you make that i can select multiple triggers, if one, or more because true (or all true), then execute it.
Also to have more actions per rule would be nice =D

I'm afraid that's only possible using the Pro version.

Can it be moved to SD?

Nope. Since AutomateIt has a service running it cannot run from the SD card (at least that's what google is recommending)
If you have some workaround you can suggest I'd love to hear it...

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
I tried automateit and it was not reliable in the one function I needed most which was "enable bluetooth when plugged into power" and "disable bluetooth when power disabled"....I'd find bluetooth left on or find it off when it should be on....finally went back to the dedicated app.

I also recall it not doing other functions such as "run app x when power enabled" "close app x when power disabled"....alternatives would be checking for home wifi ssid or any method of it knowing I'm "home". (I run wired tether as soon as the phone is plugged in to tie the phone to the local lan )

Reactions: A172433

Muzikant

May 3, 2011
www.automateitapp.com
famewolf, I don't know which version you have tried but a lot of things has changed in AutomateIt in the last few months and the rules that you described are exactly the ones I have defined for myself and they work flawlessly (a list of all my rules and other ideas is available here).
I also didn't get any report about these functions from any of the users who downloaded the app (>25,000 users...)

I'd appreciate it if you give it another chance and report any errors to me so I can resolve them (just press "Help !" on the About screen if you encounter any error).

Reactions: A172433

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
famewolf, I don't know which version you have tried but a lot of things has changed in AutomateIt in the last few months and the rules that you described are exactly the ones I have defined for myself and they work flawlessly (a list of all my rules and other ideas is available [URL="[/URL]).
I also didn't get any report about these functions from any of the users who downloaded the app (>25,000 users...)

I'd appreciate it if you give it another chance and report any errors to me so I can resolve them (just press "Help !" on the About screen if you encounter any error).

I'm willing to give it another go but I think my usage might also be a factor...if I toggle airplane mode on/off to get the radio to go to 3g vs E then the app has to handle resyncing the bluetooth which also got turned off and back on for example. My home phone have bluetooth links so when I dock the phone it links to them etc...

Does it support importing and exporting of rules yet? I can see where a webpage where you could checklist the rules you wanted and it builds you a customized ruleset being very nice.

Last edited:

Muzikant

May 3, 2011
www.automateitapp.com
I'm willing to give it another go but I think my usage might also be a factor...if I toggle airplane mode on/off to get the radio to go to 3g vs E then the app has to handle resyncing the bluetooth which also got turned off and back on for example. My home phone have bluetooth links so when I dock the phone it links to them etc...
I'm not sure what you mean by that. What do you mean that the app has to handle resyncing the bluetooth ?
Does it support importing and exporting of rules yet? I can see where a webpage where you could checklist the rules you wanted and it builds you a customized ruleset being very nice.
Yes. AutomateIt supports backup and restore of your rules (I think it's supported for over two months now so you probably tried a VERY old version...).

As for having a webpage to select rules and build a customized ruleset, I agree that this could be nice but currently I prefer focusing on adding more features to the App. maybe someday I'll build someting like that... :)

JVogler

Mar 3, 2010
Not sure if Android gives same access as WinMo, but during a phone call if I set it down on a flat surface it would automatically switch to speaker-phone, and switch back when picked up. Is the same possible on Android with this App?

AHWagner

Jul 15, 2010
Maryland
www.ahwagnerphoto.com
I can't figure out how to use this app.

I would like WiFi to be triggered "on" when entering my house, as well as WiFi triggered "off" when leaving my house. I rather not trigger WiFi on/off each time I want it to.

lamebmx

Mar 12, 2011
Stow
Not sure if Android gives same access as WinMo, but during a phone call if I set it down on a flat surface it would automatically switch to speaker-phone, and switch back when picked up. Is the same possible on Android with this App?

I know the sense roms do this. along with ringing louder if the prox sensor is triggered ie by being in your pocket.

Nice app so far, less powerful tasker, more user orientated. thanx!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AutomateIt is a simple automation tool for your Android device.

The application lets you define a set of your desired behaviors in response to events on your Android device. Each behavior/rule is defined as a pair of Trigger-Action that can be selected from a large set including SMS, bluetooth, wifi, location, headset, applications, battery and more triggers/actions.

AutomateIt provides a default set of useful rules to get you started:
    Low battery warning
    Quiet at night
    Normal sound mode at morning
    Max volume when headset unplugged
    Lower volume when headset plugged
    Unmute by SMS

Create your own rules with AutomateIt or use its built-in Rules Market with thousands of rules created and shared by AutomateIt users and use them on your device!

Screenshots: (Click to enlarge)
    View attachment 3288051View attachment 3288052View attachment 3288053View attachment 32880549-widgets.jpg

Links: User Guide, FAQ, Beta, Translation, Video

XDA Reviews: News, Video

Facebook: AutomateItApp
    Twitter: @AutomateItApp
    AutomateIt Next Generation is now available on the Play Store !

I'm excited to introduce AutomateIt Next Generation !

The power of the existing app with a completely renovated user interface and our new Rules Market which allows you to share rules with the world and see what other have automated !

Download from the Play Store or visit the new app website

vulI4XMstIQNIelslEnIJb80AkwWKz5c6xuO8j0iLD5hMnI55ndCtF1dVLsSf_7yXejL
    jJlZi3iM6ZLpse6COvvXAF8XLwJky7agrb4Va7SzO0qhTFTCC6ih_73zPMaMtal-4Q0
    6PzyBLu_BCzL5Vrt6wI46yIe7R9ZFUgPozOTzdI-Bo_AN3kj1HuD1lA_pJ32CF7Y7ey_
    AutomateIt - The Next Generation !

AutomateIt has been around for quite some time now, but as you probably noticed, it wasn't updated in a long time.

This does not mean that we abandoned this product - in fact, it means that there is something BIG happening and coming your way.

Use the following link to sign-up for our pre-release version which should be available for a limited number of users at first before it's released to the rest of the world.

Don't get left behind !

New release

Hi,
    Just released a new update with the following features:
    • NEW App icon !
    • Gain points for the Rules Market by uploading rules or sharing existing ones on Facebook or Twitter
    • NEW Action: Open URL
    • Application State Trigger is now supported on Jelly Bean
    • Updated translation for all languages and added a NEW language: Hungarian
    • UI and bug fixes

Some of the fixes/adjustments are thanks to the great feedback here on XDA so keep it coming !
    I have the following rules defined to get the same results and still save a lot of power. The first two rules are very simple and turn on/off the speaker phone according to the proximity sensor state (See attachment Activate-Deactivate Speakerphone Rules.png). Notice that both rules are disabled so we don't constantly monitor the proximity sensor.

Than I have another two rules that enables the first two rules when during a call and disables them when call ended (See attachment During Call Rules.png).

I believe that using these rules will get you the result you are looking for in terms of battery consumption.