In need of a security app

Search This thread

DGenerateKane

Oct 26, 2012
Recently I've been finding random tweets have been sent by a rogue app, but I don't know which one. Neither avast or malwarebytes find anything. What app should I download that would be able to tell me what app is sending tweets?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Veeshush

Feb 6, 2014
Try this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.virustotal

Upload the ones that aren't already uploaded to VirusTotal, rescan the ones that are. If you know how to manually backup apps you can also upload the .apk files to Virustotal. If all that comes up clean, then you could also try sending in a suspicious app to an Anti-Virus provider directly (I'd try Malwarebytes first).

Worst case, you might want to consider a reinstall of everything.

loner.

Feb 25, 2013
This is troubling.
A report saying 96% of apps have vulnerabilities.

Last edited:
there are a lot of good Android anti-virus apps out there. av-test(dot)org tests a bunch of vendors every quarter or so. check them out for more detailed reviews.

Kaspersky
ESET
Sophos
Avast
Armor for Android

all consistently test well. Disclaimed i work for Armor for Android, so of course i believe they are among the best. However, Armor for Android does not offer a free version so if you need free try one of the others.

in response to loner.
"This is troubling.
A report saying 96% of apps have vulnerabilities."

that report is pretty liberal with what it considers a vulnerability. There is a lot of bad stuff out there, but saying 96% of all apps have "vulnerabilities" is a bit irresponsible of that report.