[Q] Is This Phone Worth Buying?

Search This thread

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
As the title says, is this phone really worth buying? Or can this phone be comparable with iPhone 5? Well, since I already have an Android device which was Sammy Galaxy Mini, which I rooted in like one click on my PC. Well I read that for Xperia devices I need to unlock the bootloader, is that procedure hard or do I risk bricking the SP? And is flashing CWM/TWRP hard using Sonys "Flashtool" ? Well thanks to evryone who answers :) And btw. how much is CM11 buggy?

Last edited:

ArturGaspar

Dec 11, 2013
São Paulo
It's easy to unlock your boot loader, but you do not need to do it to get root, there are also recoveries for locked boot loaders. When you unlock your boot loader you lose the TA partition which is needed by Bravia Engine and other things, so you should root and backup TA before unlocking the boot loader.

Reactions: david19au

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
It's easy to unlock your boot loader, but you do not need to do it to get root, there are also recoveries for locked boot loaders. When you unlock your boot loader you lose the TA partition which is needed by Bravia Engine and other things, so you should root and backup TA before unlocking the boot loader.

Ok, so if I unlock the bootloader, I'll lose BE2 engine and some other stuff but i can't flash any custom roms nor edit /system files, am I right? And btw. nobody knows if the SP can be comparable with the iPhone? And also, did anyone tried Viper4Android? I don't know if it's conflicting w/ xLoud

Last edited:

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Ok, so if I unlock the bootloader, I'll lose BE2 engine and some other stuff but i can't flash any custom roms nor edit /system files, am I right? And btw. nobody knows if the SP can be comparable with the iPhone? And also, did anyone tried Viper4Android? I don't know if it's conflicting w/ xLoud

I saw a comparison video between iPhone 5 and sp but that only shows the boot up time: the sp booted up a few milliseconds later than the iPhone 5 and that was back when the xsp was released and still on 4.1 and I don't know how it will stack up against the iPhone with android 4.3/custom ROMs

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: david19au

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
I saw a comparison video between iPhone 5 and sp but that only shows the boot up time: the sp booted up a few milliseconds later than the iPhone 5 and that was back when the xsp was released and still on 4.1 and I don't know how it will stack up against the iPhone with android 4.3/custom ROMs

Well, my actual thing, i'm looking at the XSP is because I already own the iPhone 5 but I can't use it much because my parents ( they always worriying about I would be silly and I would lose my phone so I can't use it any other time since they are not at home ) So I'm considering because in Czech there is a discount for the XSP and my parents said that I could ( if I leave the iPhone 5 for my mother ) use the XSP any time I want. Should I go for it? And btw. why can't I found the CM11 for the XSP on FXP site..? (XSP is "Huaishan" or?)

Last edited:

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Well, my actual thing, i'm looking at the XSP is because I already own the iPhone 5 but I can't use it much because my parents ( they always worriying about I would be silly and I would lose my phone so I can't use it any other time since they are not at home ) So I'm considering because in Czech there is a discount for the XSP and my parents said that I could ( if I leave the iPhone 5 for my mother ) use the XSP any time I want. Should I go for it? And btw. why can't I found the CM11 for the XSP on FXP site..? (XSP is "Huaishan" or?)

Forget FXP for now... We have official cm nightlies available on the cyanogenmod website and the device codename is huashan! Or you can go to android development and install the locked bootloader version

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
Forget FXP for now... We have official cm nightlies available on the cyanogenmod website and the device codename is huashan! Or you can go to android development and install the locked bootloader version

Oh! Official? Well, thats good, I'm thinking more forward for this device now... How about the Apple Earpods? I founded out that I can't use third-party headphones, is that right?

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Oh! Official? Well, thats good, I'm thinking more forward for this device now... How about the Apple Earpods? I founded out that I can't use third-party headphones, is that right?

Of course you can :D you can connect any headphones that use a 3.5mm headphone jack so apple earpods should work too

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
Of course you can :D you can connect any headphones that use a 3.5mm headphone jack so apple earpods should work too

Yeah but how about the sound? For some devices i need to hold down the answer button to hear the sound normally. (As for my 2nd Android device Prestigio one) Ptherwise I would hear a sound diff and the music would be really muted (like the singers voice was like cracking his voice in puberty)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For the comparing part I can't say anything
    But for CM 11, its not buggy and can be used as a daily driver