*NEWS* Knox reset and boot downgrade possible now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nitrate

Dec 24, 2008
Goerlitz
If it's possible to reset KNOX counter on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 without desoldering the eMMC then I will buy this Box.

So can anyone say if it's possible? Is this Box connected via USB to the phone or do you need to desolder the chip?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk 2

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
If it's possible to reset KNOX counter on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 without desoldering the eMMC then I will buy this Box.

So can anyone say if it's possible? Is this Box connected via USB to the phone or do you need to desolder the chip?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk 2

You don't need to remove the chip but you do need to open phone and solder wires to various access points on the main board. It's definitely not a noob friendly, plug and play solution.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium HD app

bungadudu

Feb 8, 2012
It's a whole lot better than nothing!
Maybe this will help devs understand exactly what the knox counter is and consequently if possible release a noob friendly solution.
Until then this is preferable to the expensive method of replacing the whole mb since there are many services which already have these boxes and will be able to reset knox at 1/4 of the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

z3x official support today released jtag 1.0.99.0

z3x official support is other forum, can i post it?

15dqa2t.png
    Starting from today is possible knox reset and boot downgrade with z3x jtag.
    Before of write old boot is required emmc factory format

This is very good news
    @up You must have a jtag box from z3x team. Solution problably work only on i9500 & Note 3.
    z3x_jtag_400.jpg
    it s so easy! just buy that box and call McGyver

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk