unable to enter Recovery - I get "No Command"

Search This thread

shakta

Jan 10, 2012
Hello guys,
Nexus 4
I flashed Stock 4.4.2.
I unlocked the Bootloader.

when I try to enter Recovery Mode - I get No Command like it shows here in the Pic:
IMG_20130120_025237.jpg

Any ideas?

I want to see the stock recovery... (First time).
Later I will try to install the Custom recovery, but for now I wanaa figure out what the problem with the device?
Thanks

bladebuddy

Dec 31, 2011
When you flashed did you flash the stock recovery also.
I presume you did this via adb and not ota.

Phone : Nexus 4 /Rom : cataclysm / Kernel : Stock.

Reactions: shakta

shakta

Jan 10, 2012
When you flashed did you flash the stock recovery also.
I presume you did this via adb and not ota.

Phone : Nexus 4 /Rom : cataclysm / Kernel : Stock.

I did via CMD-> Fastboot commands.
And sure, I flashed all neccesary IMG files (Bootloader, radio, Recovery, userdata, system etc)

All files from the stock file - image-occam-kot49h.zip (Attached Screenshot)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1240.jpg
    ScreenShot1240.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 43

arffrhn

Mar 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
YES.

Nothing really happens. The phone just powered off.

Hmm can you enter fastboot? Try flashing the images again. Or better you download the whole package again before flashing. Maybe some got corrupted during download.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

I do exactly what you see here in this short video:

Well in this video, he got custom recovery installed. So when he pressed that recovery on bootloader menu, it goes straight into recovery. But for stock recovery, it will show that android with red mark exclamation thing. You need to press and hold power and press vol up one time. Then it will go into recovery menu.

shakta

Jan 10, 2012
Hmm can you enter fastboot? Try flashing the images again. Or better you download the whole package again before flashing. Maybe some got corrupted during download.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

I do exactly what you see here in this short video:

Well in this video, he got custom recovery installed. So when he pressed that recovery on bootloader menu, it goes straight into recovery. But for stock recovery, it will show that android with red mark exclamation thing. You need to press and hold power and press vol up one time. Then it will go into recovery menu.

Sure :) when I run "fastboot devices", I see the device.
And this is how I flashed the image - "fastboot flash XXXX"

I will download the image again and will try to flsh the Recovery again, if wont work, I will flash all files.
BTW - this is the image I am trying to flash - https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=iw#occam (Just to make sure)

Thanks!

arffrhn

Mar 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
You don't have to keep hold of anything really. Just hold power then immediately tap vol-up. If it's still not working try reflashing. You can flash just a recovery with command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Top Liked Posts