[Q] Root de la Vega Vs. Kingo

Search This thread

RoachHero

Feb 1, 2012
I have MJE and recently tried to root my phone using root de la Vega and soft bricked my phone. I fixed it but I still want to root my phone. I don't want to waste my time with root de la Vega if it doesn't work. Does it work with MJE? But I don't want to trip KNOX either so I don't want to use kingo. Which do you think I should use?

Harleydroid

Jul 18, 2013
The Fort
I have MJE and recently tried to root my phone using root de la Vega and soft bricked my phone. I fixed it but I still want to root my phone. I don't want to waste my time with root de la Vega if it doesn't work. Does it work with MJE? But I don't want to trip KNOX either so I don't want to use kingo. Which do you think I should use?

Kingoapp will not trip knox. De la Vega does not work for mje on kingo.

Big Cam

Apr 6, 2011
West Fargo

You have it backwards, Root De La Vega WILL trip knox, where as Kingo WILL NOT trip knox.

On MJE your only option to not trip knox is Kingo. I used it on the version before MJE and it worked fine. Then I updated OTA to MJE and root was preserved but checking the preserve root option in SU pro.