Things to Do Before New Phone

Search This thread

mikespe

Dec 19, 2010
I mistakenly posted this in the Nexus 7 forum so I thought I should repost it here...my replacement phone should be here within the next hour or 2

Well it finally happened. ...for the first time I cracked the screen of my note 2. I dropped it on my concrete garage floor & it landed right on it's corner. All those years of paying for insurance paid off and my replacement will be here tomorrow. It's been a while since I had to transfer from one phone to another. I know Titanium Backup to backup my apps & data, texts, phone logs...I need to transfer any photos over....What am I missing? Also before sending my old phone back I need to get it back to stock...what's a good stock rom to use? Anything else I'm forgetting? I thought there was a thread about this somewhere but I can't find it. Thanks for the help

mikespe

Dec 19, 2010
Well I got the replacement phone from Assurion, spent 2 hours setting it up & the S Pen don't work at all! I call Assurion & they tell me the S Pen isn't covered under the warranty!!! WTF is that? The S Pen is part of the phone!!! Has anyone ever had this issue with them before?

Jorden7491

Feb 23, 2014
I mistakenly posted this in the Nexus 7 forum so I thought I should repost it here...my replacement phone should be here within the next hour or 2

Well it finally happened. ...for the first time I cracked the screen of my note 2. I dropped it on my concrete garage floor & it landed right on it's corner. All those years of paying for insurance paid off and my replacement will be here tomorrow. It's been a while since I had to transfer from one phone to another. I know Titanium Backup to backup my apps & data, texts, phone logs...I need to transfer any photos over....What am I missing? Also before sending my old phone back I need to get it back to stock...what's a good stock rom to use? Anything else I'm forgetting? I thought there was a thread about this somewhere but I can't find it. Thanks for the help

ok I have a idea that work for me also, I had the same problem if you have a Google account you can download the Google drive app to store away all your videos and photos away, but to make everything organize I have a app called root explorer and its link with my google drive account.
I dont know if you ever notice if you take a photo with a Samsung, the photo details says something like this? (20140424_112024) if you brake into that you can see what day that photo was taken (Y2014-M04-D24_11:20:24s) thats awesome but in root explorer under the google drive tab, you can just make a 2014 file and within that file you can make a month file like April and with in that file you can make a day like 24 and leave all the photo you taken that day there to keep it neatly. thats an idea, cause I hate to see my family photo taken within a whole year disorganize in one huge file cause i can find what im looking for.