Help unlocking bootloader in Xubuntu 14

Search This thread

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
Hello all, just picked up a boost mobile moto G, loving it so far. Having some trouble unlocking the bootloader in Xubuntu. Right now its all i got.

well, I have adb set up, and i know it all works fine on my nexus 7.

I plug the moto g with debugging and mtp enabled, I use adb devices to check the connection, it shows my device, so i use adb reboot bootloader, it reboots to the bootloader.

then when i try fastboot devices, it just says "no permissions fastboot"

and nothing works. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks for any help, would really love to get Slimkat running on this sweet little device

Edit: nevermind. Got it working

Last edited:

Rhyn

Aug 25, 2012
Budapest
Hello all, just picked up a boost mobile moto G, loving it so far. Having some trouble unlocking the bootloader in Xubuntu. Right now its all i got.

well, I have adb set up, and i know it all works fine on my nexus 7.

I plug the moto g with debugging and mtp enabled, I use adb devices to check the connection, it shows my device, so i use adb reboot bootloader, it reboots to the bootloader.

then when i try fastboot devices, it just says "no permissions fastboot"

and nothing works. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks for any help, would really love to get Slimkat running on this sweet little device

Edit: nevermind. Got it working

For the record: you need root permission to use Fastboot in Linux so use it with sudo.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
Ya. Had to use sudo su. Then give the full path to platform-tools. Never had to do this with my n7