[Q] 314 root help...

Search This thread

Swarai

Nov 4, 2013
I have noticed that a lot of the mods and/or their features do not work. Why is that? Thanks

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Swarai

Nov 4, 2013
I've tried busybox, xblast, and mods like that but none of the features/alterations work.

stress40

@Swarai First you need to install the xposed framework module and reboot your phone. Then install xblast, goto the modules section, tick xblast and reboot. Now xblast is activated. Now you can mod your pone. Goto xblast app on your phone or xposed and change how your phone looks m8:victory: hope it helps m8

Reactions: Swarai

Swarai

Nov 4, 2013
Thanks, but that doesn't work. What have not done yet?

stress40

@Swarai After downloading Xposed installer did you got to the Framework section and click Install then reboot? Then proceed with downloading your modules and installing them? Here's a link to the Xposed FAQ thread and on the first line is a link to the how to for installation etc. Hope this helps a bit m8:good:

Swarai

Nov 4, 2013
I have xposed and xblast and clicked the box and reboot. I made my changes in each app and reboot again but nothing changes?

stress40

@Swarai Ok m8, lets go back to the beginning. So, after rooting, did you install SuperSu and update Binary (if needed)? Install Root Checker Basic and verify root. I'm asking this because Xposed will as for root access. Then proceed with installing Xposed framework Installer as per my previous post. Can you tell me everthing you have done so I can maybe track down where the problem may lie? I'll be online for the next hour or so. Let's get this sorted (I've things I need to do today):highfive:

Swarai

Nov 4, 2013
1410105091755.jpg

This what I'm getting on my device when installing xposed? Device is rooted.

1410105641890.jpg

... Yes this is the latest version. 2.7

Right now I don't know what to do.

stress40

@Swarai I would recommend re-rooting as Xposed isn't getting root access. Use easy root tool for the job. If you still can't install Xposed after that then you may have to repair phone with pc companion and try rooting again. It may seem like a pain in the ass but it's worth it in the end m8. Good luck:thumbup:

Sent from my D6503 using xda premium from "Somewhere, but not here..."

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
loss of wi fi connection after root

i rooted .314 and was all good ! but since root when the screen sleeps , currently set to 2 mins. when i wake the phone up i have to re connect to my home wi fi every time ? if i keep the phone awake it will stay connected? any ideas how to solve this ? was okay before rooting ? thanks all :good:

ayong chia

Jan 8, 2011
Batam
i rooted .314 and was all good ! but since root when the screen sleeps , currently set to 2 mins. when i wake the phone up i have to re connect to my home wi fi every time ? if i keep the phone awake it will stay connected? any ideas how to solve this ? was okay before rooting ? thanks all :good:

Are you on stamina mode? Maybe your Stamina mode disabled the wifi connection while your screen off?

stress40

@Croize Hi m8, goto network settings- wifi, click advanced and uncheck always scan. Also check location based. So that it disconnects wifi when you leave the house. I always have wifi on when I'm at home and disconnect mobile. I'm still experimenting with settings though:silly: . Hope this helps a bit m8:good:

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
@Croize Hi m8, goto network settings- wifi, click advanced and uncheck always scan. Also check location based. So that it disconnects wifi when you leave the house. I always have wifi on when I'm at home and disconnect mobile. I'm still experimenting with settings though:silly: . Hope this helps a bit m8:good:

thanks .. will try this ! the other strange thing that has happened is that i have lost dual recovery ? it was there after i rooted and i installed it and it was working as i launched it from NDR Utils app .. but i did download viper4 android and busybox on rails .. after that i cant get my phone into recovery at all ? either by power/volume down or from the app ? i uninstalled both viper and the busybox as i thought this was the cause, but it still wont go into recovery ? but i still have root . i ran the installer zip again ... but no luck ? :confused:

stress40

@strommy1966 Try running the install.bat again and installing the normal busybox? I have v4a installed and just the normal busybox. This is a new thing for me- loosing rcovery like that:confused: I'm gonna do a bit of research and experimentation. I'll be in touch. Maybe somebody has a solution?:fingers-crossed:

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
@strommy1966 Try running the install.bat again and installing the normal busybox? I have v4a installed and just the normal busybox. This is a new thing for me- loosing rcovery like that:confused: I'm gonna do a bit of research and experimentation. I'll be in touch. Maybe somebody has a solution?:fingers-crossed:

ran it again .. i am correct in choosing option 1 when it asks ? i used that originally when i very first installed it . anyway still no luck ! tried to get into recovery from NUTS app .. phone just boots up as normal ??? i want to keep 314 as i was one of the ones that suffered from the bad call quality but since i allowed the phone to update to 314 the call quality problem has gone ! not had a single person say they cant hear me. so don't want to drop down to 402 .
i did do a back up on PC companion just before i rooted .. wondering if i should restore the phone using that , then root again, and install the dual recovery again and see if that sorts it :confused:

stress40

ran it again .. i am correct in choosing option 1 when it asks ? i used that originally when i very first installed it . anyway still no luck ! tried to get into recovery from NUTS app .. phone just boots up as normal ??? i want to keep 314 as i was one of the ones that suffered from the bad call quality but since i allowed the phone to update to 314 the call quality problem has gone ! not had a single person say they cant hear me. so don't want to drop down to 402 .
i did do a back up on PC companion just before i rooted .. wondering if i should restore the phone using that , then root again, and install the dual recovery again and see if that sorts it :confused:

Yeah m8, try that and wipe caches before rooting and installing dual recovery. Apart from that, the other option is :)( repair phone/ flash ftf, re- root then re- install dual recovery) I'm thinking that maybe something has become corrupted. There is somebody else that this has happened to (can't remember who it is though). But I can only suggest what you have said m8. Good luck:fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

@strommy1966 I just read on the last page here that there are others that this has happened to and the problem is being looked into. It is the thread for @[NUT] Dual Recovery. I'm gonna keep an eye on this:highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah m8, try that and wipe caches before rooting and installing dual recovery. Apart from that, the other option is :)( repair phone/ flash ftf, re- root then re- install dual recovery) I'm thinking that maybe something has become corrupted. There is somebody else that this has happened to (can't remember who it is though). But I can only suggest what you have said m8. Good luck:fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

@strommy1966 I just read on the last page here that there are others that this has happened to and the problem is being looked into. It is the thread for @[NUT] Dual Recovery. I'm gonna keep an eye on this:highfive:
    I've installed rootkitXperia_20140719 on my windows 7 laptop. USB debugging is set. Unknown sources is set. I've run the ADB-setup-1.3 with the blue cmd screen several times. I've downloaded and extracted Xperia Z2 Device Driver. On the Command screen I run the "install.bat" and I get "waiting for device... What else am I missing? Please help. Thank you

Maybe "run as administrator". Wild call
    @Swarai Sorry m8 I didn't know that you were using rootkit Xperia. I used http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784900 like @HugePotato it was the version that worked for me. What I did was extract everything to my desktop and put it all in the same folder then download tr.apk and put it inside the files folder then run install.bat as administrator. A couple of things I noticed were that restarting your phone before connecting ( so you get the trust this computer adb message) and not letting your phone go to sleep helped. If you have any more Q's just let me know. It may take a couple of runs but, it will work. Good luck m8:good:
    Try This

First Reset Your Phone From Settings>Backup And Restore>Factory Reset Then Download This Link ( http://doomlord.xperia-files.com/download.php?dlid=YWRiX2Zhc3Rib290) And Extract The zip In A Folder Then Put The Root Install.bat Inside The folder You Extract The Link In Then Plug The Phone With Debugging On And Start The Install.Bat (SomeTime Adb And Fast Boot Dont Work Properley Mine Did The Same And I Did This And It Worked For Me So Good Luck Buddy):D
    @Swarai First you need to install the xposed framework module and reboot your phone. Then install xblast, goto the modules section, tick xblast and reboot. Now xblast is activated. Now you can mod your pone. Goto xblast app on your phone or xposed and change how your phone looks m8:victory: hope it helps m8