[rom] [jan 23, 2013] boot2gecko crespo4g [FLASHABLE ZIP]

Search This thread

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
boot2gecko.png

This is a boot2gecko (firefoxOS) rom created by myself from source for Nexus S 4g (crespo4g)

Installation instructions:
download rom
boot into cwm (twrp is untested)
FULL WIPE!!!! (data, cache, system, boot and dalvik cache!! this MUST all be done or you WILL have problems. 100% guaranteed!! b2g isn't compatible with android)
flash the zip
reboot
enjoy!

so....without further ado, I present you guys with boot2gecko for Nexus S 4g

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/54miur3pozke44q/b2g-hp420-crespo4g.zip
mirror:
http://d-h.st/iIm

Broken/not working:
wireless data/mms (sms works) (APN settings need to be manually entered for data/mms)

Working:
voice calls
sms
wifi
settings (except data-related)
all apps, market, etc
anything not mentioned in the broken section

**To take a screenshot hold power while pressing home**

PS...I'm more than happy to share any & all files uploaded here with anyone who needs them...just please give credit to me if you use my files :)

Last edited:

DjGeraldo

Oct 21, 2010
So I've never messed around with fastboot before, I'm looking up tutorials now. Will this wipe my sd card too or just the phone storage? And will this mean I would have to reroot if I wanted back on android? Thanks for all of your help man.

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
So I've never messed around with fastboot before, I'm looking up tutorials now. Will this wipe my sd card too or just the phone storage? And will this mean I would have to reroot if I wanted back on android? Thanks for all of your help man.

no, it won't wipe your SD card. You will have the exact same effect you would if you flashed a rom in recovery. This will replace android on your system, so if you want to go back to android you will have to reflash your rom. When you flash these img files you will lose all your device data (again....not the sd card data) just as if you've installed an android rom in recovery after a full wipe.

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
can we start a development thread on this I would love to help out!

a thread for what? boot2gecko? This is a development thread. If you have some help to offer, please offer away!

I've been having a lot of trouble getting wireless data running. It appears that all anyone should need is the proper apn settings to input for it to activate....but I haven't had any luck finding a good deal of the necessary info I need. I even went as far as to contact tier 2 tech support at sprint, and they couldn't help me either.

after about a week of searching, calling, emailing, chatting, etc. I threw the project to the side burner for the time being. I decided to spend some time learing about compiling aosp, cm, etc...maybe the issue is in there somewhere. Since I'm a linux n00b I did a good amount of messing my system up several times...but I finally got it right. I formatted the whole hard drive, installed ubuntu, set up the boot2gecko environment immediately after installing, and only the b2g environment. I flashed a factory image to my phone for the proprietary blobs, just in case that was the problem, then I re-synced the repo and built b2g from source again. I sill have the exact same problem I did with the first build. Wireless voice works, wifi works....wireless data does not.

If you can help any, I would really appreciate it. I know ns4g has to be fully supported since it's in the list both on mozilla's site and in the ./config.sh list of devices.

darthn8ers

Dec 7, 2010
Test

Edit: Finally it is letting me comment. Yay!!
I sent you a PM hp420. A couple actually, sorry. I have tried the new ZIP and I am still not able to get voice to work, so I can't try anything APN wise with any hope of success. Are you doing anything special to get it going?
Also, in researching this, and my own experience. It seems it is required to manually wipe /system before installing the ZIP to boot properly.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

darthn8ers

Dec 7, 2010
I didn't even think about my issue possibly being I am on an mvno, Ting. It shows as Sprint in android though. Might be my voice issue.

From android, try putting "*#*#3282#*#*" in the dialer. View>data profile. Maybe that username will help? Mine is different as I am on Ting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    boot2gecko.png

This is a boot2gecko (firefoxOS) rom created by myself from source for Nexus S 4g (crespo4g)

Installation instructions:
    download rom
    boot into cwm (twrp is untested)
    FULL WIPE!!!! (data, cache, system, boot and dalvik cache!! this MUST all be done or you WILL have problems. 100% guaranteed!! b2g isn't compatible with android)
    flash the zip
    reboot
    enjoy!

so....without further ado, I present you guys with boot2gecko for Nexus S 4g

Download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/54miur3pozke44q/b2g-hp420-crespo4g.zip
    mirror:
    http://d-h.st/iIm

Broken/not working:
    wireless data/mms (sms works) (APN settings need to be manually entered for data/mms)

Working:
    voice calls
    sms
    wifi
    settings (except data-related)
    all apps, market, etc
    anything not mentioned in the broken section

**To take a screenshot hold power while pressing home**

PS...I'm more than happy to share any & all files uploaded here with anyone who needs them...just please give credit to me if you use my files :)
    Album link:
    there are many more screenshots in the album not posted here!!
    http://s1357.beta.photobucket.com/user/hp420/library/FirefoxOS

Screenshots:
    (thanks darthn8ers)
    2013-01-24-00-15-08_zps3832d7df.png
    2013-01-24-00-07-44_zps3ed5ef68.png

2013-01-24-00-10-27_zpsd1896c05.png
    2013-01-24-00-58-38_zpsbce98607.png

2013-01-24-00-35-39_zpsc95d575d.png
    2013-01-24-00-36-32_zpsd6e112b0.png
    2013-01-24-00-36-11_zps53a8c1b1.png
    2013-01-24-00-35-29_zpsc762a542.png

2013-01-24-00-11-07_zps78415a7f.png
    2013-01-24-00-23-58_zpsa9705e51.png
    As far as I can tell, the source was recently updated to FirefoxOS 1.0.0 so I'm redownloading the source then I'll build again. Hopefully this time it works. You know what they say.....third time's a charm! ;)

ok, so I just flashed the newest build....same exact issues and no new version. sorry to disappoint you guys :( I also posted in mozilla's b2g dev google group. Maybe they can help us with the data issue.
    I'm still working guys...I haven't forgotten about you all :)
    Any plans for a new build in the near future? Providing updates to source are worth the build of course.

Yes, I do plan to update eventually. The source tree for nexus s 4g has been updated, and from what I can tell, it does relate to wimax, etc. Unfortunately, at the moment I do not have a reliable internet connection. All I have is my mobile data for internet, and using 4g tethered on my desktop to sync a 16GB repo would take days. As soon as I can get a good reliable internet connection again I will update this. It should not be more than a week or two, so please be patient :)

I'll update this thread as soon as I've got a new build ready.