[Q] Android 4.3 C5303 Update problem!

Search This thread

spsony120

Mar 17, 2014
Hello to everyone! :)

This is my first post to this great forum. Recently I bought a Sony SP C5303 and now I face a complicated problem and I want your help.

The situation:

The phone was bought as unlocked (and not rooted) and when I got it, it prompt me to update to the 4.1.2 12.0.A.2.254 as previously had an older build version. I successfully did the update and everything works fine BUT right now I am wondering why I can't see the official update for 4.3

After a lot of search I realised that the phone was supplied from T-mobile (UK) as it has customization version 1272-7168_R6A

So, the phone is unlocked, unrooted and since I bought it operates on Three network.

However either when I connect it with PC companion, or I do the manual search for updates through the headset, I am unable to see the update to 4.3

I am wondering if there is any conflict between the T-mobile unlock and the Three network that I operate the phone.

Is there any way so I can trigger the update? Should I wait a little bit more? I am not sure and I am not so good with these things.

The only I want is not to cause the phone to lock somehow or to install a custom rom, neither root it.

Thank you very much for your help and your answers!

:)

xEaGLeNeC

Mar 11, 2014
I would stay on 4.1.2. 4.3 is a piece of crap. I made the mistake of upgrading and had to downgrade. I tired many roms and did not like any of them. Stock, root and xposed frameworks still best for stability, features and battery life.

kidicarus1602

Oct 8, 2011
Hello to everyone! :)

This is my first post to this great forum. Recently I bought a Sony SP C5303 and now I face a complicated problem and I want your help.

The situation:

The phone was bought as unlocked (and not rooted) and when I got it, it prompt me to update to the 4.1.2 12.0.A.2.254 as previously had an older build version. I successfully did the update and everything works fine BUT right now I am wondering why I can't see the official update for 4.3

After a lot of search I realised that the phone was supplied from T-mobile (UK) as it has customization version 1272-7168_R6A

So, the phone is unlocked, unrooted and since I bought it operates on Three network.

However either when I connect it with PC companion, or I do the manual search for updates through the headset, I am unable to see the update to 4.3

I am wondering if there is any conflict between the T-mobile unlock and the Three network that I operate the phone.

Is there any way so I can trigger the update? Should I wait a little bit more? I am not sure and I am not so good with these things.

The only I want is not to cause the phone to lock somehow or to install a custom rom, neither root it.

Thank you very much for your help and your answers!

:)

This is due to the mobile operator themselves. I am with o2 and do not have the 4.3 update for my SP either, it is down to the operator to decide when they release the update as they have to fill it with their bloatware first!

You can of course flash 4.3 yourself using flashtool I did, their are plenty of guides on this forum

spsony120

Mar 17, 2014
This is due to the mobile operator themselves. I am with o2 and do not have the 4.3 update for my SP either, it is down to the operator to decide when they release the update as they have to fill it with their bloatware first!

You can of course flash 4.3 yourself using flashtool I did, their are plenty of guides on this forum

To be honest I am a little bit confused what determines if the phone is going to update or not.

I mean that is the provider responsible for delivering the update or the customization version? If we think that with no sim, we just plug the phone to pc companion and it is able to see the update, then it depends on customization version.

Is there any official reference for how the phone is determined to be valid for the update?

I still believe that there is a conflict here between the current provider I operate the phone (Three) and the customization version that comes from T-mobile (the phone was unlocked from T-mobile).

Thanks guys!

P.S @xEaGLeNeC Wow!!I heard completely the opposite from many people. They claimed that the phone battery last more with 4.3! I will try to search more if it finally worth to update or not.