EvangelineX

Aug 24, 2013
Ended up with 6.5 hours on-screen. Very good
thl_w200s_battery_life1.png
6.5 hours a little short.

MGREX

Dec 4, 2011
Whats the deal with the W in 6592W?

Whats the difference with the regular 6592?

iFX

May 22, 2013
a few issues

So far the W200S is proving to be an excellent choice. Software very stable. Touchscreen accurate and not overly sensitive like the ZP980+. Speaker is very loud. We'll be getting a full review up within the next couple days.

Battery life on mine is fine, screen is really nice, it's fast... GPS & compass work fine*, OTG works great...
(* provided you don't use bluetooth+GPS at the same time)

However, "software very stable"? I don't know about that...

GPS and Bluetooth can't be used at the same time or the bluetooth will lag to the point of being unusable.
For example, if I'm using the GPS in the car, and the phone is connected to the car via bluetooth - if I have a call come in, it will be so broken up and garbled that the person on the other end can't understand you and you can't understand them.

Also the bluetooth in general doesn't work very well... it usually takes a few tries to get it to connect and then once it's connected the audio quality is poor. For example, my stereo bluetooth headphones that sound crystal clear on every phone, tablet and computer I've used them with have a slight distortion when used with the W200S - in fact any bluetooth device I try to listen to audio via the W200S has some distortion to the sound... the worst being in the BMW, the distortion when connected to the car (even with GPS turned off - since the BMW has it's own built-in anyway) is so distorted that it difficult to understand the other person (though they can hear you ok).

Then there's the issue with the proximity sensor, try to make a phone call... without bluetooth and without any kind of headset... seems ok, right? well, you know how the screen turns off when you put your ear to the phone? it's supposed to turn back on when you take your ear away from the phone... but there's no way to get the screen to turn back on - you can't even hang up the call - your only option is to wait for the other person to hang up or pull the battery.

And something I wish I'd known before buying it... installing xposed framework will put it into a bootloop (with the only option to restore a backed up firmware you created before installing xposed) :(

I've only heard from others with the same problem... I don't know of anyone that doesn't have these problems with their W200S, so it would appear to not be just my phone that is a dud - if there's anyone with a W200S that doesn't have these issues, please let me know (firmware version etc?)

I'm really hoping these things are fixable with a firmware update - or if anyone has found any workarounds?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

don´t get misled by the pictures, they all come from the old model, for instance w200s has one normal sim and one mini slot, but in the pictures you see the old one

Does yours? My W200S has 2 normal sim sockets... just like the W200 - could I have some kind of earlier version, could that be why I'm having issues with bluetooth etc?

iFX

May 22, 2013
OK, I've solved the problem I was having with the proximity sensor on the W200S... Turns out the standard W200 screen protector it came with, doesn't have a cut out around that sensor. So there was nothing wrong with it after all :) just a badly matching screen protector.

Bluetooth also seems to be working fine in the BMW now... Provided GPS is turned off... Though it still has the distortion issue on headsets etc when listening to music.

Sent from my ThL W200S using Tapatalk

elsita

Nov 16, 2009
Battery life on mine is fine, screen is really nice, it's fast... GPS & compass work fine*, OTG works great...

GPS and Bluetooth can't be used at the same time or the bluetooth will lag to the point of being unusable.
For example, if I'm using the GPS in the car, and the phone is connected to the car via bluetooth - if I have a call come in, it will be so broken up and garbled that the person on the other end can't understand you and you can't understand them.

Also the bluetooth in general doesn't work very well... it usually takes a few tries to get it to connect and then once it's connected the audio quality is poor. For example, my stereo bluetooth headphones that sound crystal clear on every phone, tablet and computer I've used them with have a slight distortion when used with the W200S - in fact any bluetooth device I try to listen to audio via the W200S has some distortion to the sound... the worst being in the BMW, the distortion when connected to the car (even with GPS turned off - since the BMW has it's own built-in anyway) is so distorted that it difficult to understand the other person (though they can hear you ok).

Then there's the issue with the proximity sensor, try to make a phone call... without bluetooth and without any kind of headset... seems ok, right? well, you know how the screen turns off when you put your ear to the phone? it's supposed to turn back on when you take your ear away from the phone... but there's no way to get the screen to turn back on - you can't even hang up the call - your only option is to wait for the other person to hang up or pull the battery.

And something I wish I'd known before buying it... installing xposed framework will put it into a bootloop (with the only option to restore a backed up firmware you created before installing xposed) :(

I've only heard from others with the same problem... I don't know of anyone that doesn't have these problems with their W200S, so it would appear to not be just my phone that is a dud - if there's anyone with a W200S that doesn't have these issues, please let me know (firmware version etc?)

I'm really hoping these things are fixable with a firmware update - or if anyone has found any workarounds?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Does yours? My W200S has 2 normal sim sockets... just like the W200 - could I have some kind of earlier version, could that be why I'm having issues with bluetooth etc?

nope, mine has 2 normal sims, I wrote that based on info provided by thl distributors before the real thing finally showed up

iFX

May 22, 2013
Thanks elsita, good to know, as I was surprised when it didn't have a micro slot, as all the reviews etc mentioned... I was starting to think I might have been sent a pre-release sample or something ;)

Although I do remember seeing one sellers pics that showed two standard sized slots and it had W200S on the sticker... unlike the other ones I saw that said W200.

zdravke

Jul 24, 2011

Wow, thanks for this. I had all those issues with T100s on my BMW which was the reason to sell T100s in the end. I was about to upgrade my W200 with W200s, but then I saw your post... I guess I'll just stick with my Nexus 4 and Xperia Z1...

Last edited:

iFX

May 22, 2013
Hey there zdravke, I've since found the Bluetooth to work fine in the BMW as long as I have the GPS disabled (which I usually do anyway as I rarely use it, plus the BMW has its own)... Though it lost the pairing a couple times... Not sure why, it just disappeared from the list of paired devices and I had to pair again... might have happened when I had internet tethering via Bluetooth enabled, but haven't tested to confirm yet... Sorry I'm holding our newborn while typing this and can't check so I'm not sure I posted an update here, but the proximity sensor problem ended up just being from the screen protector, after cutting out a hole in it, the sensor works fine now.

So the only problems I have now are not being able to use both Bluetooth and GPS at the same time and xposed framework not being compatible with this firmware for some reason

giakos90

Apr 13, 2014
i have the same problem!!!!

yea!!!! this is what suck about this phone i tried everthing and it doesnt seem to be fixed the sound is horrible via 3.5mm jack and bluetooth the sound is peaky and distorted!!! any suggestions or fixes?

elsita

Nov 16, 2009
Sound in mine is pretty good through headphones, I use it everyday for an hour as an mp3 player while I am driving and I have no complain about audio quality, maybe it is not the best one I have used, but really the sound is quite good to me.

Enviado desde mi rk31sdk mediante Tapatalk

iFX

May 22, 2013
Mine sounds just fine via the 3.5mm jack... However, I've never tried the included headphones (they may be crap?), I've only tried it with some decent quality headphones that I use with all my audio devices... Sounds no different to my old Samsung galaxy or other MP3 players.

Bluetooth on the other hand is completely useless for media audio... It seems to sound fine on phone calls, but for music is very distorted for some reason :(

gesamgr

Nov 20, 2006
Thessaloniki
www.wm-gurus.com
Mine sounds just fine via the 3.5mm jack... However, I've never tried the included headphones (they may be crap?), I've only tried it with some decent quality headphones that I use with all my audio devices... Sounds no different to my old Samsung galaxy or other MP3 players.

Bluetooth on the other hand is completely useless for media audio... It seems to sound fine on phone calls, but for music is very distorted for some reason :(

sound is very good through 3,5 and good headphones....not so good with its headphones...:)
bluetooth yes failure...need urgent firmware update..it is software problem for sure...:cowboy:

(stay with W200S until G2 comes to my pocket!)

marucok

Jun 22, 2013
Batam, Indonesia
IMHO, your suffering from Bluetooth audio perhaps coming from it's BT version. Some sites I read it's v2.0 not 4.0. And since Mediatek's phones used SoC MT6628/MT6620 as all in one Wifi-BT-GPS-FM Radio, it is easy to corrupt their function if used simultaneously, especially if manufacturer applied SmartAnt+ for integrating BT+WiFi+GPS in one antena metal plate.

ficrome

Mar 17, 2010
w200s screen

Hello,
does anyone if i can mount the screen and lcd of a w200 on my w200s device?

Thank you

Andrea

Top Liked Posts