[Q] good kernel for S3Rx 3.0 TouchWiz 4.3 NC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

deadhead710

May 28, 2014
hey guys, i was wondering whats a stable kernel for the S3Rx 3.0 TouchWiz 4.3 rom, with good battery life. and what governor do yall prefer with this rom. thanks!

freeridindirtbiker

Dec 9, 2010
Reactions: deadhead710

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
In the end, this is going to be much like the "whats the best rom" questions. Just like the roms, there is a ton of information about the most popular kernels that you will have to read in order to make an informed choice. Everyone has different needs/desires so just like roms, whats best for me or many other people may be opposite from what would be best for you. No one but you knows your usage patterns to base a decision on.

Regarding kernels and their governors, and other options, there is a lot to read and learn, which I do understand can be a bit intimidating. But if you really are after the best choice for your needs the only way to figure it out is to read, read, read. If you just follow what a few others recommend, theres a good chance you wont be getting what is best for you.

So in short, read each of the top kernels OP's, read up on the different governors, and pick one to test if it works as you expect. Try out several configurations to know for sure what you like the most.
If you have specific questions, by all means ask away! In fact, theres a thread in this subforum dedicated to ktoonsez' kernels, and even if you dont choose to use one, it could be a great place to search for more info. Just remember, other peoples opinions can give you a good place to start from, but will usually not be an ideal way to decide where you should end up.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but imo, there is just no way to adequately give one. For every kernel/rom combo, there will be some who rave about it and some who warn against it! Only one way to know which it will be for you!

SSL! I do wish you good luck though! And fun!
:cowboy:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Doc is 100% right. That's like asking what the best breed of dog is.
I can tell you what I use though.
Ktoonsez 747 with no options set except conservative governor.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Questions go in Q&A (Thread moved)
"Best" ROM/Kernel threads are meaningless as it depends on YOUR usage/phone/apps/setup/syncs/signal/preferences
Therefore they are not allowed (thread closed)

Reactions: deadhead710
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the end, this is going to be much like the "whats the best rom" questions. Just like the roms, there is a ton of information about the most popular kernels that you will have to read in order to make an informed choice. Everyone has different needs/desires so just like roms, whats best for me or many other people may be opposite from what would be best for you. No one but you knows your usage patterns to base a decision on.

Regarding kernels and their governors, and other options, there is a lot to read and learn, which I do understand can be a bit intimidating. But if you really are after the best choice for your needs the only way to figure it out is to read, read, read. If you just follow what a few others recommend, theres a good chance you wont be getting what is best for you.

So in short, read each of the top kernels OP's, read up on the different governors, and pick one to test if it works as you expect. Try out several configurations to know for sure what you like the most.
    If you have specific questions, by all means ask away! In fact, theres a thread in this subforum dedicated to ktoonsez' kernels, and even if you dont choose to use one, it could be a great place to search for more info. Just remember, other peoples opinions can give you a good place to start from, but will usually not be an ideal way to decide where you should end up.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but imo, there is just no way to adequately give one. For every kernel/rom combo, there will be some who rave about it and some who warn against it! Only one way to know which it will be for you!

SSL! I do wish you good luck though! And fun!
    :cowboy:

hey guys, i was wondering whats a stable kernel for the S3Rx 3.0 TouchWiz 4.3 rom, with good battery life. and what governor do yall prefer with this rom. thanks!
    Try out Ktoonsez kernel. It seems to be the go-to kernel for TW and AOSP ROMs on our S3s.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1871946

For governor; Ive had great success with OnDemand as well as Interactive. Good luck! :)
    Questions go in Q&A (Thread moved)
    "Best" ROM/Kernel threads are meaningless as it depends on YOUR usage/phone/apps/setup/syncs/signal/preferences
    Therefore they are not allowed (thread closed)