Need advice on new phone

Search This thread

thinksecretly

Mar 22, 2012
I have a little dilemma. I have had this my touch 4g for a while now and love it. I am currently rooted running ics on my phone. The fact that I am a flashaholic and it seems lately new things are coming out for this phone every week or so, makes it even better.
My girlfriend just got added to my plan so we ordered a HTC amaze 4g because it was free. And after looking at the amaze section it doesn't seem likes there's much going on.from what I read they are stuck on drivers. Yet the amaze it set to get the official ics update.
All that being said my girlfriend had a flip phone so anything is an upgrade for her. Which phone should I take and which one should I give to her.

Sent from my rootie tootie fresh and fruity using XDA

jjbadd385

Jul 10, 2011
Laurens S.C.
I keep hearing that they have s-off on the Amaze, but it hasn't been released yet...but that's just what I read on here. I don't know it to be a fact. But I would probably take the Amaze if it were free, because I have found out recently that I don't prefer ICS. Not that I'm knocking mt4g, its still my favorite, but I feel like the Amaze will explode in development soon...

Sent from my customized mt4g using XDA premium

Reactions: thinksecretly

thinksecretly

Mar 22, 2012
I keep hearing that they have s-off on the Amaze, but it hasn't been released yet...but that's just what I read on here. I don't know it to be a fact. But I would probably take the Amaze if it were free, because I have found out recently that I don't prefer ICS. Not that I'm knocking mt4g, its still my favorite, but I feel like the Amaze will explode in development soon...

I thought the same thing but then I saw that there isn't even çm7 for the amaze which kind of made me worry about development. Thanks for your reply though

Sent from my My Touch 4G using XDA

eqjunkie829

Apr 17, 2011
West Jordan, UT
Ive heard that the Amaze is a great phone, but time is ticking and the development window is getting smaller by the day. Without development going on currently, people will probably move to a new device sooner.

Just my two cents.

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
If you want a device for development, go for some thing else like sensation or upcoming one s. If you want a great device that works, go for the amaze.

I got the amaze for my girl and Im switching to it too.

morbidmrmartin

Jul 16, 2010
Lansing
Honestly, if you want great developer support and lots of ROM options, you should go with a Nexus. Be it a nexus S or the galaxy nexus. They tend to have the liveliest dev groups. however, if you are into sense ui, it might not be the best choice.

thinksecretly

Mar 22, 2012
The only thing I am worried about from taking the amaze is the battery life

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

jjbadd385

Jul 10, 2011
Laurens S.C.
Ive heard that the Amaze is a great phone, but time is ticking and the development window is getting smaller by the day. Without development going on currently, people will probably move to a new device sooner.

Just my two cents.

I told ya...it just blew up today! ICS official... They going crazy over there..I been reading up a little. Thinkin of getting one myself, but keeping my mt4g...

Reactions: coupetastic-droid

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
I told ya...it just blew up today! ICS official... They going crazy over there..I been reading up a little. Thinkin of getting one myself, but keeping my mt4g...

Hell yes. Official ics. I'm grabbing me an amaze asap now. That's all I was waiting for. My girl already has the amaze, so I'm installing the official ruu as soon as I get home

jjbadd385

Jul 10, 2011
Laurens S.C.
I have been wondering why the Amaze had just about died before it ever lived...its just too nice of a handset to not be customized. Id absolutely rather have it than the OneS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just my two cents.