[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [t0lte]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dg4prez

Apr 16, 2011
Hooksett, NH
About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
screen2s.jpg
screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
screen5s.jpg
screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
screen8s.jpg
screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Last edited:

tekkiegrrl

Jun 23, 2012
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [t0lte] » Feb 6

Is there a published known issues list?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin

The voodoo link is broken other wise, So far so good!

Sent By An Idiot With A Phablet!

Reactions: scoob10972

dg4prez

Apr 16, 2011
Hooksett, NH
in case anyone is wondering, the delay in seeing the boot animation is due to added support for boot audio. we haven't included any in there, but if you want, you can do so by placing any mp3 named boot_audio.mp3 in /system/media.

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin

Great mix of features. Best AOSP so far I think.

smokindroid

Oct 16, 2011

Rom runs great! Thanks guys. I'm still unable to get netflix to play a movie. It happens on all aosp roms though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin

Rom runs great! Thanks guys. I'm still unable to get netflix to play a movie. It happens on all aosp roms though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Yeah... I noticed that there are issues with certain file formats. It is the CM base I think. Possible codec issue I guess.

justinxtreme

Apr 16, 2010
Orlando, FL
Hey can anyone help me out?

This may not be a big deal to most of you here but it is driving me crazy, almost all CM 10.1 ROMs I've tried are not showing a HSPA+ icon on the top (it only shows 3G, when UTMS 3G is available).

Under Settings > About it says Mobile Network Type is UNKNOWN: 0, although when testing it gets speeds of upper 7Mbps all the way up to 15Mbps so I know it is HSPA+

It shows as UTMS:3 and the icon shows when that network is connected, however the HSPA+ icon doesn't show.

I really need this! Can anyone help me out? I looked it up and some people managed to add a 4G icon by editing SystemUI.apk but I'm not really an expert on that.

Reactions: pogotv

Herrera91

Dec 11, 2010
Houston, TX
Hey can anyone help me out?

This may not be a big deal to most of you here but it is driving me crazy, almost all CM 10.1 ROMs I've tried are not showing a HSPA+ icon on the top (it only shows 3G, when UTMS 3G is available).

Under Settings > About it says Mobile Network Type is UNKNOWN: 0, although when testing it gets speeds of upper 7Mbps all the way up to 15Mbps so I know it is HSPA+

It shows as UTMS:3 and the icon shows when that network is connected, however the HSPA+ icon doesn't show.

I really need this! Can anyone help me out? I looked it up and some people managed to add a 4G icon by editing SystemUI.apk but I'm not really an expert on that.

You may want to try updating to the latest modem to see if that'll help. I actually managed to get the H+ icon to pop up on my first install...

xgQoNTk.png

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin

You may want to try updating to the latest modem to see if that'll help. I actually managed to get the H+ icon to pop up on my first install...

xgQoNTk.png

It is a bug that someone was working on at CM. I it's just the icon not the data connection. I see the icon sometimes. Even when I am not I get 18m downloads. Not a big deal for me. They will figure it out.

Gack69

Nov 30, 2011
Louisville
Glad to see you guys continuing to further this ROM! I'm a heavy speaker phone user so just wanted to mention that there is still some performance problems here. While on a call and on speaker, the caller is still cutting out, but it doesn't appear to be as bad as with Liquid Smooth...this is useable now, just a bit annoying. However, the persons I speak with on speaker phone are reporting a severe echo on their end only. They hear themselves speaking and it's almost as loud as when I speak to them, so its very distracting to anyone I speak to on speaker phone and I have to shut it off to continue the conversation. Other than that...just getting on with my testing...will report more later today.

Excellent work! Can't wait to see what you guys can do with this!

UPDATE:
Also notice that on video recording...my audio and video are WAY out of sync. After the video stops, the audio continues on until it catches up to the video.

UPDATE 2: Also having occasional FC's on camera app. Saying Gallery is the culprit. Happens immediately after taking a picture. Not always...just sporadic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.π JB 4.2.2 [t0lte] » Feb 20

I wanna start donating but I havent been able to enjoy the cm based releases because the camera, video recording and data icon keeps going in and out and as much as people say it still works, its very annoying while using your phone lol. I am very grateful to have developers supporting the tmobile galaxy note 2 though. Just really want those things corrected if they havent already

I appreciate the report but I must respectfully ask that users don't adopt this type of mentality...this borders upon bribery...we wish to fix features because we love android...not because we think there is a donation on the way...I appreciate the fact that you want to start donating but opening up a statement like that will not help anything. We want everything to work as best as it can...camera works fine with the exception of flash which you can make quicksetting for torch, enable, adjust exposure then take ur photo (until a real fix comes)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey everybody! So we decided to make an actual CarbonDev account and post useful information about the rom through this account instead of our personal accounts, you know, so we seem professional and whatnot.We are also in the process of changing the OP's to this account so they don't say 1.6 anymore lol. We have contacted xda and are waiting for that to get done, all in good time. We hope this change will make everything a bit easier for you, our precious users, but also for us in a logistical sense. We try to do everything possible to make Carbon user friendly and to meet the needs of the majority and hopefully this will help us maintain that goal. Anyways, back to work! Peace.
    I downloaded fine was not talking about the download. Have you donated to them? Bandwidth and hardware is expensive

CARBON NIGHTLIES | KROZ THEMES | CABIN FEVER MAPLE WHISKY
    Donation doesn't make a difference for me. It's slow as hell whether I'm logged in or not. Finally got the update from today. Flashing it now.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Mirror for the latest nightly.

CARBON-JB-NIGHTLY-20130607-1032-t0ltetmo.zip
    New build released!