Resize ext2 partition??

Search This thread

mayank06199

Oct 6, 2013
Vadodara
OnePlus 11
So, I have a samsung galaxy young s6312, stock android 4.1.2 jellybean, rooted. Since the internal memory is very low, I use link2sd to link app files to my external sd card. Now I have created an ext2 partition of 1.5 gb to use with link2sd. but now the partition is full, and my internal memory is also full, because I have installed about 3gb of apps in my phone, half are in the second partition, and half are on my internal memory. so now I want to know if there is a way I can increase the size of my second partition. if I had enough memory, I would have moved the apps to my internal memory temporarily, but I don't have enough internal memory to move the linked apps to my internal memory. so is there any way to increase size of second partition without formatting it?? NOTE: I don't have any problem in formatting the first partition if necessary, but I can't format the second partition. NOTE: the sd card I use is of 8 gb...
Thanks...........

Reactions: mdcramer

mdcramer

May 20, 2015
San Francisco
I have the same issue...

... so I'm disappointed to see that no one has replied.

I have a rooted LD-D520 with Android 4.1.2. Since I quickly ran out of memory I added an 8GB SD card and partitioned it with a 1.5GB ext2. I used Link2SD to them move over most all my apps. I don't have that many, but some of them have gotten so big (FB, Skype, etc.) that I now have only 5% free space on the ext2. I don't have much space left on the internal memory either, so I thought I'd try to make the ext2 partition bigger. (There's lot of free space on the SD card since I'm not using much of the other partition.) I tried using the MiniTool Partition Wizard, but even after reducing the size of the non-ext2 partition to create some unallocated space I was still unable to resize the ext2 partition.

Any suggestions? Is there an easy way to do this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I have a samsung galaxy young s6312, stock android 4.1.2 jellybean, rooted. Since the internal memory is very low, I use link2sd to link app files to my external sd card. Now I have created an ext2 partition of 1.5 gb to use with link2sd. but now the partition is full, and my internal memory is also full, because I have installed about 3gb of apps in my phone, half are in the second partition, and half are on my internal memory. so now I want to know if there is a way I can increase the size of my second partition. if I had enough memory, I would have moved the apps to my internal memory temporarily, but I don't have enough internal memory to move the linked apps to my internal memory. so is there any way to increase size of second partition without formatting it?? NOTE: I don't have any problem in formatting the first partition if necessary, but I can't format the second partition. NOTE: the sd card I use is of 8 gb...
    Thanks...........