[Q] Hyperdrive rls 15 wifi struggles

Search This thread

cbrk07

May 6, 2014
Searched the hyperdrive rls 15 thread and various other q&a threads and have yet to found a solution to my wifi problem. I've flashed rls15 to my at&t galaxy s4 at least fives times adding the rls att compatability kit and att mk2 kernel zip. I have a 4.4.2 nb1 bootloader and followed ted77's thread on downgrading to 4.3 mk2. I've even flashed the bypasslkm zip. Right after i flash the bypass exploit and reboot the phone, i go to init.d and hit the on switch and run the nb1wifi fix my wifi works.

The problem is that whenever i shut my phone off and turn it back on, if i don't reflash bypasslkm in safestrap before finishing booting, my wifi won't work. It's driving me crazy. Please any help? Thanks

Sigatorade

Feb 7, 2014
Searched the hyperdrive rls 15 thread and various other q&a threads and have yet to found a solution to my wifi problem. I've flashed rls15 to my at&t galaxy s4 at least fives times adding the rls att compatability kit and att mk2 kernel zip. I have a 4.4.2 nb1 bootloader and followed ted77's thread on downgrading to 4.3 mk2. I've even flashed the bypasslkm zip. Right after i flash the bypass exploit and reboot the phone, i go to init.d and hit the on switch and run the nb1wifi fix my wifi works.

The problem is that whenever i shut my phone off and turn it back on, if i don't reflash bypasslkm in safestrap before finishing booting, my wifi won't work. It's driving me crazy. Please any help? Thanks

You're flashing the MK2 kernel modules. Even after you downgrade, you're still on NB1. Try flashing the NB1 kernel modules.

cbrk07

May 6, 2014
You're flashing the MK2 kernel modules. Even after you downgrade, you're still on NB1. Try flashing the NB1 kernel modules.

Makes sense, but i used nb1 kernel modules this time and even after flashing init.d the wifi wouldn't come on at all. On the how to nb1 downgrade they mention using adb to push this code to fix wifi on bootup:

adb push bypasslkm /data/local/tmp
cd /data/local/tmp
chmod 755 bypasslkm
./bypasslkm

I know how to open adb and get it connected to my device but i type the code above and it does nothing.

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Makes sense, but i used nb1 kernel modules this time and even after flashing init.d the wifi wouldn't come on at all. On the how to nb1 downgrade they mention using adb to push this code to fix wifi on bootup:

adb push bypasslkm /data/local/tmp
cd /data/local/tmp
chmod 755 bypasslkm
./bypasslkm

I know how to open adb and get it connected to my device but i type the code above and it does nothing.

You don't need bypasslkm for a 4.4.2 ROM. You need to flash the kernel module zip through Safestrap and make sure you used all of the NB1 ODIN files in the toolkit.

EDIT: I use the one from the Safestrap thread, it's named jflteatt-NB1-modules.zip. I don't remember what the one in the toolkit is, but you flash it after every 4.4.2 ROM in Safestrap.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0

Last edited:

cbrk07

May 6, 2014
You don't need bypasslkm for a 4.4.2 ROM. You need to flash the kernel module zip through Safestrap and make sure you used all of the NB1 ODIN files in the toolkit.

EDIT: I use the one from the Safestrap thread, it's named jflteatt-NB1-modules.zip. I don't remember what the one in the toolkit is, but you flash it after every 4.4.2 ROM in Safestrap.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0

Yeah the safestap thread is where i got the nb1 kernel modules last night so i have that kit that you're referring to. But to clarfiy, Hyperdrive RLS 15 is currently only a 4.3 rom, and without bypasslkm my wifi won't work at all.

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Yeah the safestap thread is where i got the nb1 kernel modules last night so i have that kit that you're referring to. But to clarfiy, Hyperdrive RLS 15 is currently only a 4.3 rom, and without bypasslkm my wifi won't work at all.

My bad, forgot that Hyperdrive is still on 4.3. In that case you need the MK2 module zip flashed and of course the MK2 kernel. As long as you give the universal init.d app root access and turn it on, it should execute on boot. If not, you could copy the contents of the script and use Performance Controls to put it in a startup script.

cbrk07

May 6, 2014
My bad, forgot that Hyperdrive is still on 4.3. In that case you need the MK2 module zip flashed and of course the MK2 kernel. As long as you give the universal init.d app root access and turn it on, it should execute on boot. If not, you could copy the contents of the script and use Performance Controls to put it in a startup script.

Yeah I've tried that. Do you know if there's a how to on putting init.d in the startup script?