New Update! 02/08/2012

Search This thread

ajithjagadish

Jan 7, 2012
I will do a factory reset in sometime. Can't experience this reboot and battery drain which never happened before 0.13 update.

If there is any change after reset I will come back and report.

Sent from my HTC Legend using xda premium

jedi5diah

Aug 4, 2010
the sad thing is they "overclock" for the min speed to 475mhz to "fix" lag instead of optimising the governor. definitely will drain more than normal, even though they "underclock" top speed to 1300mhz even on performance mode.

Is this the same delay to the WW update which was due today - but the French only just being told, or is this in addition to the WW delay?

I assume France is using the WW update anyhow, so it looks to be the same... and Frenc are only told about it now...
One additional information though is that they clearly talk about a battery/power management issue...

epology

Jan 20, 2012
edit: Ah sorry, info was already posted!

Facebook France supports the idea that the deployment of .13 is being halted to due customer complains.

From their official page:

FRENCH:
Suite aux premiers retours sur la dernière mise à jour pour le Transformer Prime, nous avons décidé de suspendre son déploiement. Nos ingénieurs continuent de parfaire cette mise à jour afin de vous apporter la meilleure expérience utilisateur possible et nous vous tiendrons informé dès que celle-ci sera disponible.

English translation (google):
Following initial feedback on the latest update for the Transformer Prime, we decided to suspend its deployment. Our engineers continue to perfect this update to bring you the best user experience possible and we will inform you as soon as it becomes available.

Last edited:

skola28

Oct 10, 2007
Rowlett, TX
That's the problem; they broke mine which was working fine and I have no way to 'undo' it. :(

I may very well have to send it back; especially it they cannot get a fix out soon. With it rebooting every 10 minutes, it is basically unusable.

Successfully downgraded to .11 and the reboot issue is gone. I used the instructions from:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1492887

I was leery about rooting a device that I was about to return, however, the root/unroot process of this device is incredibly simple!

Gary Key

Apr 28, 2011
www.asus.com
Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.

cmckitterick

Jan 31, 2012
Successfully downgraded to .11 and the reboot issue is gone. I used the instructions from:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1492887

I was leery about rooting a device that I was about to return, however, the root/unroot process of this device is incredibly simple!

I'll probably wait the rest of the week for an official fix, but if that isn't forthcoming, I'm definitely going the same route. For the future, is there a way to not update to the newest firmware? It seemed to me that I could only postpone it so many times. I'm using my tablet as a notebook replacement in a lab setting, so I'd much prefer stability to having the latest and greatest.

EDIT: Well, in light of the previous post, I'm definitely going to wait.

Last edited:
Update - Thanks to a few members who provided detailed information about their setups, application installs and other items we were able to replicate the sleep/battery drain issues affecting several users. We have a new firmware image going through qualification testing now and will present this to Google shortly for approval. At this point, if the firmware passes qualification testing, we should be able to release it early next week or sooner.

Thanks for keeping us updated Gary. I think users don't mind slightly delayed updates as much as they mind a lack of communication, so your occasional posts, even if only to reassure us that you haven't forgotten about us, are helpful.

vittogn

Jan 15, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro

TX Gary.
Have u been able to reproduce the battery drain wile sleeping only or the "sleep of death" as well?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

killermojo

May 20, 2010
Calgary

Take until next week, please. I'd prefer this update to be fully tested.

xXxDieselxXx

Nov 28, 2011

Thanks Gary! This is indeed great news...

Mubble

Jan 12, 2012
London
So another week not being able to use my Prime :(

I know they're working hard to fix the problem, but I've had my Prime for 18 days and not been able to use it once.

kristovaher

Jul 29, 2010
Tallinn
www.waher.net

Please this time test it also on devices that don't have problems. Your last update fixed flawed Primes, but at the same time broke many that worked alright. Make sure to test both this time or we'll have this one going until summer.

Reactions: xsteven77x

krispy521

Jan 4, 2011
Nashua, NH

Gary,

Is it possible to fix the GPS after the 1/17 update killed it too? Prior to that update my GPS work (it was weak but functional). After the 1/17 update, it doesn't work at all.

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
So another week not being able to use my Prime :(

I know they're working hard to fix the problem, but I've had my Prime for 18 days and not been able to use it once.

easy, just downgrade to .11

that is what i did and is working beautifully back again. All the nighmare i had with battery drain, random reboot, sleep of death are now over.

When the new firmware is release i'll give it a few days and see how the users are reacting to it.

killermojo

May 20, 2010
Calgary
easy, just downgrade to .11

that is what i did and is working beautifully back again. All the nighmare i had with battery drain, random reboot, sleep of death are now over.

When the new firmware is release i'll give it a few days and see how the users are reacting to it.

Yes, it's a shame we have to be the beta testers for ASUS but I'll be waiting as well.

lamboboy732

Feb 10, 2012
New Jersey
Thanks Gary, hope my data was helpfull. Looking foward to the update.

ryanbell

Jun 6, 2010
This update improved my TFP201

This update improved my TFP201

Everything about it makes my prime better. Was having small issues this has made things work great.... Updated via U.S version as stated on Dev Forums
Note My prime is from the U.K

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Because they don't know yet what it does fix, simples.

They're waiting for the results coming from the beta testers...US :eek:

Really?

9.4.2.13 US Release Notes -
    1. Fix Random Reboot / Lockup Problem (100% success in regression testing with returned units, hopefully the same in the community)
    2. Enable Google WideVine video rental in the US
    3. General Performance Enhancements - Usability and User Experience improvements
    4. Improved WiFi operation (for most users, still working on the WiFi/BT dropout fix that will not be assisted by the WiFi/GPS firmware updates)

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

My wifi is completely dead now.
    Won't even turn on.

Before buying this tablet all I ever heard about Asus is their great support for their devices...

Yeah...
    Growing a bit tired of this

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Please PM with your setup and prior firmware release. This is the first and only report about dead WiFi out of 22K updates today so it could be something else causing the problem.

Hi Gary,

Any chance of starting to provide changelogs for your updates? I imagine doing such a thing will greatly increase the quality of feedback you receive and make for quicker diagnosis of issues stemming from an update.

As it stands, it takes the community around a week collectively to notice what's been changed and where, which generates a lot of ill-feeling. Adding this layer of transparency will bring you closer to your user-base.

If any other forum users agree with this sentiment, click the thank button or quote me and add your own thoughts.
    Got a notification on my prime for a new Asus update..Dont know what it is yet cause my battery was low and I just put it on the charger..Will update soon..
    They fixed the double % error in the weather widget, not sure if anyone noticed. By Odin's beard that bugged the crap outta me!