[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

Search This thread

xavez

Jun 30, 2010
I've got a 12w11 AAAB and got the yellow tint on the bottom of the screen, I've had the XS for close to a month now and noticed the yellow tint last weekend.

Going to exchange mine today.

I've got Touch Firmware 7 btw.

Razje

Sep 7, 2010
That's GREAT!! Keep a close eye on the screen though over the next couple of weeks, as some users have found their new Xperia S to be fine at first, then after a couple of weeks or so the tint starts to appear. By the way did you receive your new phone from Sony themselves?

I got my replacement from T-Mobile Netherlands.

Sony told them it's a known manufacturing fault.
And T-Mobile Netherlands has a policy that you can get your phone replaced within 2 months when you have manufacturing errors/fault

LahiruRD

Sep 3, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I've just returned my XS to the shop I bought it to send to repair.
I had the yellow tint in the sides & on the bottom.

He said that it will take up to 10-12 days.

Will you guys inform

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Here's pictures for the new device, as you can notice the problem is on right, left, bottom and some parts of top of the screen .. appeared after playing asphalt 6 for about 30 minutes ..
( I increased the yellow saturation in second picture )
IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

On my 1st XS, it was only on the bottom & on the 2nd, it was just like yours....

deanfield

Feb 20, 2012
NEWCASTLE-under-lyme
Hi, guys. Just post my experience.

My xperia s is 12w09, with AAAB and version 7 screen.

I brought from O2 contract and used for about 40 days. Finally it got the yellow tint at the bottom and left side of the screen.

Today I went to O2 store and the staff there told me that my phone is more than 28 days, replacement is not possible. But they said I can choose to send the phone to O2 repire centre or to contact Sony myself.

Anyway, I leave the phone at O2 store for them to send to repire.

Just wait for one week to see the result!

diceroller

Mar 16, 2012
Leeds, UK
I wanted to send it to sony but first I've try O2 again. It will be my third xperia. Its been more than a month but lady said that they will send me brand new handset on monday but next time I have to remember that I got 28 days to raport problem and ask for replacement.

Third time lucky

Nimche

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
I wanted to send it to sony but first I've try O2 again. It will be my third xperia. Its been more than a month but lady said that they will send me brand new handset on monday but next time I have to remember that I got 28 days to raport problem and ask for replacement.

Third time lucky

You could bring yellowness by having the phone in charge with display 100% and play some heavy crazy games.

If its not complete, but I assure you that you will see signs of it by placing a white background....and install one of those temperature apps to see what degree have you reached. This become fun testing phone for Sony after a while. For FREE!

Nimche

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
OMG! I have a dead pixel!!! Quick take it back!

But really... I have a dead pixel that i only see when the screen is black!

Sony production of Xperia S handset is good for ****. I recommend everyone who can return to return older initial models as they will develop crazy stuff and wait and see what will come new...
Maybe don't listen to me :D

Always wished for one perfect device with good support but all we get is 8 models per year with no support and they all have issue. Thanks Sony.

dixter

Jun 1, 2011
OMG! I have a dead pixel!!! Quick take it back!

But really... I have a dead pixel that i only see when the screen is black!

I've got a green pixel. I have read that stuck pixels can be cured, but not dead pixels. Not sure if mine is dead or stuck, but either way it's pretty hard to see because there are so many pixels. The Xperia S warranty says they count I think it's up to 3 dead pixels as a normal manufacturing default and won't replace it.

MikeBuck

Apr 28, 2012
So had the phone 1 week and have got the issue general yellow across the bottom and the 5mm spot on top right of screen, If it helps the details are:

12w10
aaac
touch firmware 7

I'm gunna give it back to the supplier on monday, only issue I have is if I ask for the replacement will I just get the same issue, will getting it repaired mean a screen without the manufacturing "issue" gets fitted.

Other than the screen I love this phone, its amazing! shame the screen is the one thing you use all the time! grrrr

Last edited:

efgee

Mar 7, 2009
Ypres - Belgium
I was looking at the white screen (service menu) and I see some yellow in the white.
I asked to my wife, where do you see a yellow tint on the screen?
She said, I don't see any yellow tint......

OMG, I'm getting paranoid, this forum is not so good for me :D:D

awf

May 9, 2008
I was looking at the white screen (service menu) and I see some yellow in the white.
I asked to my wife, where do you see a yellow tint on the screen?
She said, I don't see any yellow tint......

OMG, I'm getting paranoid, this forum is not so good for me :D:D

Well maybe you're wife is colorblind :-/

sent from the planet with LT26i

moonset

May 13, 2010
London
To clearly see "yellow tints" is to drag down the notification bar, or open a light blue background (e.g. draw something).

and it's a good thing to not seeing any yellow with your eyes, doesn't matter if it's your eyes problem or the screen is actually good or not.

if you don't see it then just ignore the whole discussion here, don't listen to any people!! your phone probably really doesn't have the tints, but just because listening to the infected users then you might start to "see" the tints....

obviously some pathetic people are just trying to make everyone to "see" the tints because they want everyone to be infected. what's the point to influence others to "create" the yellow tints if there isn't any...?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

I'm writing this info to help as asked by "alsaqr", very nice guy. :)

I bought the Rogers's version. I do not have the yellow tint problem. Here's the following information on the device.

The number is 6 for Touch Firmware
    The letters above the 12W14 are ABAE

I hope this helps. :)
    Good Job SONY!

Batch ACAC 12W22, Anyone else got this ? Hows your screen ?

All AC doesn't have yellow tint/screen issue. I can confirm it because I have ACAG, my phone is 3 weeks old and I'm playing HD games like MC3, N.O.V.A. 3, Sahdowgun etc.. to the point that my phone reaches (I think the hottest temperature) but no yellow tint/spots/screen issues. :good: thumbs up for SONY!
    Thanks , I have touch firmware number 6 , so i dont have to worry as you say. thanks again.

No problem glad to help you! You can hit thanks :)

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s
    And what about ACAE 12W23 , in black ?

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* go to service info > software info, if your touch firmware is 6 you don't have to worry. All AC versions including yours doesn't or will not have yellow spots ir tints.

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s
    Just wanted to let people in the US know that Global Mobiles have phones in stock through Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HHOEKG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Those should be the new batch.