[Q] Wi-Fi Stuck on 'Turning On'

Search This thread

gregsicles

Jan 24, 2014
Hey guys,

so I've been using my Xperia Arc S for over a year with no problems but recently when I try to turn on the wifi it becomes stuck at 'turning on'. The same thing happens with the bluetooth. Sometimes when I restart the phone it works but most of the time it doesn't :( I've tried factory resetting it and it worked fine for a bit but then became stuck again. I'm running stock 4.0.4 rooted.

It started happening when I went overseas where my sim card didn't work and I had to change the time zone manually in settings. I read somewhere that this happened to someone else who did the same but there was no solution found. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks :good:

motlanvamaimai

Nov 1, 2013
It may be hardware problem or software. If you tried factory reset then you should try a new Rom. If problem keeps going, your phone may be the problem, you should bring it to repair service for diagnosing.
Hope it help!

gregsicles

Jan 24, 2014
I tried repairing it with PC Companion but still no luck. I guess it may be a hardware problem like motlanvamaimai suggested.

aravindhramachandran

Nov 23, 2012
Chennai
Hey guys.. I faced similar issue in my AMOI 820 based Indian local device Micromax (rooted + custom kernal)

I fixed this stuck wifi problem by uninstalling Google apps in system by removing them using Titanium back up + and again installing them from playstore if needed.. Hangouts(in my case) if it's a system app after getting updated is the culprit .. Try removing it and reboot and test it yourself..