[Q] Running out of memory

Search This thread

Rpatton

Aug 17, 2010
Has anybody else run into issue with running out of space ???

I just reset my razr M last week to factory because i kept having issue with memory running out. i reset it last week and only reinstalled what i had to deleted a bunch of crap as well as rooting it since i was taking it back to factoory and losing all my setup i figured id root it so i could reset again and not lose stuff but now today it says im out of memory again and clearing cache of a few apps (which is how i was fixing it before reset ) doesnt seem to be working the cache isnt full on anything and i cleared the ones that did have anything built up.....

Any ideas ?? it worked a week without problems and i have plenty of space on SD card if only i could move apps to sd card ???

Any help would be great

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Has anybody else run into issue with running out of space ???

I just reset my razr M last week to factory because i kept having issue with memory running out. i reset it last week and only reinstalled what i had to deleted a bunch of crap as well as rooting it since i was taking it back to factoory and losing all my setup i figured id root it so i could reset again and not lose stuff but now today it says im out of memory again and clearing cache of a few apps (which is how i was fixing it before reset ) doesnt seem to be working the cache isnt full on anything and i cleared the ones that did have anything built up.....

Any ideas ?? it worked a week without problems and i have plenty of space on SD card if only i could move apps to sd card ???

Any help would be great
Do a safe boot. Power up & hold the vol down key, once you see the first splash logo, all the way home.

But I think you need a RSD lite restore. LOOK around with a real browser. I posted a House of Moto link in the general forum. There is one "stock restore" in my stickys

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
FDR doesn't always clear all the data. Do like Avi said and do a complete restore. Also, the phone doesn't have a lot of memory, so get rid of any apps that you don't use. There's no point in having hundreds of apps if you never use them. I DL less than 20 apps on both my phones and most of them are for root functions and a few "useability" apps.

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
If you have any big games (like Gameloft and EA games for example), they sometimes use gigs and gigs of space so you don't even need very many apps to fill up your /data partition.

What I do is move the gigs of data off the /data partition and to physical sdcard using the Directory Bind app. You will need to be rooted to use the app.

Reactions: RikRong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have any big games (like Gameloft and EA games for example), they sometimes use gigs and gigs of space so you don't even need very many apps to fill up your /data partition.

What I do is move the gigs of data off the /data partition and to physical sdcard using the Directory Bind app. You will need to be rooted to use the app.