Votes: 17 28.8%
  • dont care if it stays or goes

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

dajumper

Jun 28, 2008
I love the menu button! Like to wake up the phone! It is much easier in my opinion! Samsung keep it!! Please!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

plasmastate

Sep 5, 2012
Today I realized how many dumb ####s are here on this forum. Home button is not called the menu button people. Chill out and stop shouting :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

willstay

May 7, 2011
I want dedicated external button panel unlike Google directive. My wish list - menu changed to task, combo of capacitive and physical for home (when screen is on, capacitive sensors laid over physical should work), back.

I am willing to pay $20 more if Sammy included two more pure physical buttons for call receive n end. This way I will be able to pick up and end without looking at the phone at all.

Reactions: frankgreimes

frankgreimes

May 26, 2013
I want dedicated external button panel unlike Google directive. My wish list - menu changed to task, combo of capacitive and physical for home (when screen is on, capacitive sensors laid over physical should work), back.

I am willing to pay $20 more if Sammy included two more pure physical buttons for call receive n end. This way I will be able to pick up and end without looking at the phone at all.

I'm a blackberry user at the moment, so my preference in terms of buttons should be obvious. Not having a physical keyboard will be tough but manageable, the best thing for me would be:

- home, recent apps and back button as physical ones the s4a nailed that perfectly
- accept decline call as physical ones also

I really don't understand why some manufacturers are going full on screen. Despite the removable battery and great SD card support Samsungs buttons design is still a reason, why I'm waiting if the S 5 goes full on screen I might go S4a or xperia z1 compact.

That being said i highly doubt Samsung would remove it,.at least i hope not

Schikkadellic

Jul 21, 2013
Of course we need physikal buttons, how do we get in recovery modes or do an hardreset?

Sorry if my english isn't so good...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Psychical buttons are one of the reasons why i bought Samsung phone. All other phones have onscreen buttons, i cant see them well, i cant feel them under my finger. Sony uses onscreen buttons but on their phones there is so much wasted space, on most phones that i saw it was so i didnt like them. I find great that S4 and S4A have psychical buttons, i really like them.

One of the most used things by me is menu button. I dont have to waste time to search those unituinitive 3 dots im just pressing hardware key. Much more often im using menu than switching between apps. For switching im using great app Swipe Home Button.

from S4 Active Blue Ocean
    For those who dont like physical keys just install 3 dot menu mod and cover buttons with duct tape. There you go nexus mod :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
    i would give up the menu button or any other physical button for onscreen buttons only if the bottom bezel is extremely thin, just like the side bezels. Unless otherwise its of no use. having a thick bezel at the bottom and onscreen menu on top of it is lame and a waste of screen space
    If they remove the menu button they might as well remove the home and back button at the same time.

I like them but I wouldn't say no to a pair of stereo speakers on either side of the screen. :)
    i would give up the menu button or any other physical button for onscreen buttons only if the bottom bezel is extremely thin, just like the side bezels. Unless otherwise its of no use. having a thick bezel at the bottom and onscreen menu on top of it is lame and a waste of screen space

It sounds great having thin top and bottom bezel. But when realize this, you will have bad time gaming..your palm will touch the screen you cannot rest your palm..

Sent from my GT-I9500