[Q] keeps rebooting to twrp

Search This thread

joomal

Mar 26, 2014
Hi,
I'm completely new to this and am in over my head :eek: I was trying to root my tablet and have done something very wrong.

I have the Wi-Fi version of Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7'' (SM-T110)

Every time ​I reboot TWRP comes up. Even if I reboot in system / power off / recovery or download it just goes to TWRP.
I have downloaded what I think is the the stock rom from androidfilehost (fid=23329332407576604)
have put it on my SD card and have tried to flash it (pressed install, then navigated to the zip file, clicked on it and then swiped to Confirm Flash) but it hasn't helped.

Any suggestion would be appreciated

Thanks

joomal

Mar 26, 2014
Can you tell just all you did? Not just now twrp keeps rebooting :)

Gesendet von meinem One S mit Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't really know what I did. and whilst trying to fix it I have tried so many things from so many different websites often not really understanding what I was doing so I think I have made it even worse.

I have at one point formatted the data (click on wipe then format data then type yes) so I think that means that everything is gone, now, anyway.

Thanks.

joomal

Mar 26, 2014
hi,
I'm not quite sure how to take the lack of responses (and I hope I'm not being rude/demanding by saying that).

Does it mean I'm pretty much screwed but noone wants to give me the bad news ? :confused:

or is there something more I can say / do so that someone can help ? :fingers-crossed:

Thanks

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
hi,
I'm not quite sure how to take the lack of responses (and I hope I'm not being rude/demanding by saying that).

Does it mean I'm pretty much screwed but noone wants to give me the bad news ? :confused:

or is there something more I can say / do so that someone can help ? :fingers-crossed:

Thanks

if you get the Stock rom from somewhere you have to flash that in download mode, a custom recovery wont do anything. are you able to get into download mode? it should be the opposite combo buttons for recovery mode.

Reactions: joomal

joomal

Mar 26, 2014
if you get the Stock rom from somewhere you have to flash that in download mode, a custom recovery wont do anything. are you able to get into download mode? it should be the opposite combo buttons for recovery mode.
Hi,
yes I am now in Download mode.
There is a green android, and it says 'Dwonloading...Do not turn off target!!"

I'm a bit confused because the ROM is on the SD card so it wasn't actually connected to anything.

But I thought I better connect it so I connected it to my laptop.

The tablet is now connected via usb to my windows laptop.
I have Odin running as administrator on my laptop.
It can see the tablet (I think) because it says '<ID:0/004> Added!!' in the Odin message box.

Thanks.

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Hi,

I'm a bit confused because the ROM is on the SD card so it wasn't actually connected to anything.

It can see the tablet (I think) because it says '<ID:0/004> Added!!' in the Odin message box.

Thanks.

alright that sounds good we are getting somewhere! now we want to get stock firmware so go here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and type in your model number and download it for whatever country you have. from there you should only need to open odin (with the device in download mode and plugged in) and Check PDA Box (use the stock firmware you downloaded from sammoible) and hit start and your device should be back to stock like when you first bought it. so since it looks like whatever method you used didnt work we should try to find another first. did you want to flash a custom rom? or did you just want root?

Reactions: joomal

joomal

Mar 26, 2014
alright that sounds good we are getting somewhere! now we want to get stock firmware so go here <<>> and type in your model number and download it for whatever country you have. from there you should only need to open odin (with the device in download mode and plugged in) and Check PDA Box (use the stock firmware you downloaded from sammoible) and hit start and your device should be back to stock like when you first bought it. so since it looks like whatever method you used didnt work we should try to find another first. did you want to flash a custom rom? or did you just want root?

Thanks for the instructions - I will follow them once the download is complete.
I think for now I just want a tablet that works - the stock rom will do :D

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi,

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks.

alright that sounds good we are getting somewhere! now we want to get stock firmware so go here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and type in your model number and download it for whatever country you have. from there you should only need to open odin (with the device in download mode and plugged in) and Check PDA Box (use the stock firmware you downloaded from sammoible) and hit start and your device should be back to stock like when you first bought it. so since it looks like whatever method you used didnt work we should try to find another first. did you want to flash a custom rom? or did you just want root?