Disable apps from updates

Search This thread

trentonmc24

Jul 16, 2013
Just posting a solution I found to work for a common problem.

Some people prefer an older version of a certain app, therefore they disable auto updates, which leaves it in your play store always there to remind you to update.

The solution I found that worked for me is to get the app apk, save it into your internal storage, uninstall the app, then download zipsigner from play store, find the apk in your internal storage, resign it using zipsigner, then reinstall the resigned apk. This will detach the app from the play store. Play store will not detect that you have that app installed.

Of course you will need the pre update apk, so hopefully you will have it in an old backup somewhere if you need to do this.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: cyclejon

SgtSmokdu

Nov 4, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
I've been wondering how to do this with Google maps. Thank you. I'll report to how it works.

Works absolutely perfect. Thanks again!!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just posting a solution I found to work for a common problem.

Some people prefer an older version of a certain app, therefore they disable auto updates, which leaves it in your play store always there to remind you to update.

The solution I found that worked for me is to get the app apk, save it into your internal storage, uninstall the app, then download zipsigner from play store, find the apk in your internal storage, resign it using zipsigner, then reinstall the resigned apk. This will detach the app from the play store. Play store will not detect that you have that app installed.

Of course you will need the pre update apk, so hopefully you will have it in an old backup somewhere if you need to do this.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app