increase internal memory galaxy ace (URGENT)

Search This thread

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
OK so i have searched for info on increasing the internal memory of a galaxy ace s5839i and there seems to be a lot of info regarding partitioning so i downloaded minitool partition and created a partition on the SD card then used link2sd but this isn't really doing anything, when i try and download new apps larger than the available storage which is 25mb it comes up with the insufficient storage sign and when trying to link the internal apps that came with the phone it just says failure so i would greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer me as i am doing this as a favor for someone and they are picking the phone up tomorrow

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
Try re-Partitioning ur Ace, This time. Use CWM.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using XDA Free mobile app

Thats exactly what i wanted to do in the 1st place the problem is that i can not find cwm specifically for the s5839i only for the s5830 and the s5830i

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 5617821

Thats exactly what i wanted to do in the 1st place the problem is that i can not find cwm specifically for the s5839i only for the s5830 and the s5830i

CWM for S5830i should work on S5839i as both of them have same hardware. Anything that works on S5830i should work on S5830c, S5830m and S5839i. Hope I Helped :)

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Try this guide. It has all the things you need for your device. Here is the link,

Know your Device: Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i/C/M/39i | Root, Odin, CWM, ROM List & More...

Hope I Helped :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: fedor12

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
Flashed cwm and made an sd partition using that and i can create links on apps now but larger apps (40mb+) still wont download on to the phone it still says insufficient storage

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
Ok i have now linked most of the apps that came with the phone other than system apps and it freed up 90mb which is a big step up from 30mb i had before partitioning however when i download new apps they are not auto linking despite having checked the auto link box and when i do auto link i have to reboot the phone every time to make it take proper effect. Also downloaded apps use up less memory when i move to sd card rather than linking

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
Been playing around with link2sd and i am impressed its working great the internal memory from the phone keeps changing for some reason that's why i thought it was still taking up a lot of memory but once the phone is rebooted it balances itself out however the apps are still not auto linking i am putting this down to apps automatically downloading to the sd card rather than internal memory so link2sd is unable to create a link for this, any advice on why this is happening will be greatly appreciated

D

Deleted member 5617821

Been playing around with link2sd and i am impressed its working great the internal memory from the phone keeps changing for some reason that's why i thought it was still taking up a lot of memory but once the phone is rebooted it balances itself out however the apps are still not auto linking i am putting this down to apps automatically downloading to the sd card rather than internal memory so link2sd is unable to create a link for this, any advice on why this is happening will be greatly appreciated

Some apps are usually installed on SD Card. Sadly Link2SD can't link the apps installed on SD Card. Hence you have to move such apps to Internal memory in order to link them. Also because you are using the stock rom which has no init.d support, you have to reboot everytime for your internal memory to stabilize. If you want to install as much apps as you want, then try CronMod Unofficial Script. But for this you need init.d support. CronMod Unofficial will not work on stock rom. All custom roms have init.d support. Just download any custom rom from the link given in my previous post. Download the CronMod Unofficial.zip from the link below. Now go to CWM, do Format data/ factory reset, Format cache partitions, Mounts & Storage> Format /system & Format /sd-ext, Advanced> Wipe Dalvik Cache. Now mount /system from Mounts & Storage and then install the rom from SD Card. Now remount /system and then install Cronmod Unofficial.zip from SD Card. Done! Just reboot and you can see that your internal memory has increased. Now you can install any number of apps as long as you have free space on the ext partition. Make sure to install only necessary apps as installing a lot of apps will ultimately slow your device. Here is the link,

Cronmod Unofficial

Last edited by a moderator:

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
The person im doing it for doesn't want a custom rom so is there no way to direct apps straight to internal on stock rom? Hes taken his phone back hes happy with it for now but would be better if apps are automatically linked. Now i can go back to using my nexus 5 lol

D

Deleted member 5617821

The person im doing it for doesn't want a custom rom so is there no way to direct apps straight to internal on stock rom? Hes taken his phone back hes happy with it for now but would be better if apps are automatically linked. Now i can go back to using my nexus 5 lol

You can also install a custom stock kernel to get init.d support to your stock rom. Try Rafeal Baugis Stock kernel. Here is the link,

Rafael Baugis Stock Kernel

fedor12

Mar 24, 2013
You can also install a custom stock kernel to get init.d support to your stock rom. Try Rafeal Baugis Stock kernel. Here is the link,

I haven't heard any complaints from him yet so seems he's happy enough with it at the moment but if that changes i will most likely install the custom kernel you linked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try re-Partitioning ur Ace, This time. Use CWM.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using XDA Free mobile app
    D
    Deleted member 5617821

CWM for S5830i should work on S5839i as both of them have same hardware. Anything that works on S5830i should work on S5830c, S5830m and S5839i. Hope I Helped :)

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Try this guide. It has all the things you need for your device. Here is the link,

Know your Device: Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i/C/M/39i | Root, Odin, CWM, ROM List & More...

D
    Deleted member 5617821

Some apps are usually installed on SD Card. Sadly Link2SD can't link the apps installed on SD Card. Hence you have to move such apps to Internal memory in order to link them. Also because you are using the stock rom which has no init.d support, you have to reboot everytime for your internal memory to stabilize. If you want to install as much apps as you want, then try CronMod Unofficial Script. But for this you need init.d support. CronMod Unofficial will not work on stock rom. All custom roms have init.d support. Just download any custom rom from the link given in my previous post. Download the CronMod Unofficial.zip from the link below. Now go to CWM, do Format data/ factory reset, Format cache partitions, Mounts & Storage> Format /system & Format /sd-ext, Advanced> Wipe Dalvik Cache. Now mount /system from Mounts & Storage and then install the rom from SD Card. Now remount /system and then install Cronmod Unofficial.zip from SD Card. Done! Just reboot and you can see that your internal memory has increased. Now you can install any number of apps as long as you have free space on the ext partition. Make sure to install only necessary apps as installing a lot of apps will ultimately slow your device. Here is the link,

Cronmod Unofficial

D
    Deleted member 5617821

I haven't heard any complaints from him yet so seems he's happy enough with it at the moment but if that changes i will most likely install the custom kernel you linked