HardSPL kit for Mega Touch2 by jockyw2001

Search This thread

splade666

Sep 29, 2011
WTH am I doing wrong?

Hi guys I have been trying to hardspl my mega and have run out of things to try to get it to work. My phone version is right I have unzipped the hardspl pack and followed the instructions. I have tried on 3 computers and still it fails and gives me "runtime error r6009" even after a fresh install of Windows XP. I even looked up the runtime error r6009 and tried the solutions of giving cmd.exe and command.com more memory but still it returns this error and the phone is still on version 1.28.0000. I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem and if they had found a solution. I also tried hard resetting the phone and changing the registry again, running the hardspl.bat from the compute and from the phone and even tried while the phone was on the tri-colour screen. PLEASE HELP!!!! WTH am I doing wrong?

Just incase any of this helps. PC and phone details:-

PC - Windows XP SP3
Phone - HTC Touch2/Mega PB74100
SPL-1.28.0000
MicroP(LED) 0x03
ENGID 0xF
PCBID 0x80
PanelInfo 8-0xFF

Thanks in advance of any help given :)

Moto62

Dec 25, 2009
That ist really importand !
In my Case this was the solution!
(In the first try i bricked my phone !!!!!!)

Now i installed the EnableRapi.cab at first , and the Hardspl Procedur runs without any Errors.

I have now Hard SPL an a new Rom on my Touch2 !

I suggest to install EnableRapi.cab BEVOR you try to flash the HardSPL !

Greets Moto

You have read this one Page bevor ???

riddlely

Oct 2, 2011
I FINALLY managed to flash HardSPL on my PB74200, orginal SPL 1.34.

SO now it says 1.28 Hard.

New problem: When I try to flash a custom rom using the utility. I get connection error 260. Something to do with windows 7 64bit?
Version 1.37 something.

Last edited:

squeeish

Oct 1, 2009
Singapore
Those that have the 1.34 SPL, following the

look up this registry key in the phone:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\EXT_FLASHDRV]
Change the value "Dll" from "OEM_FLASHDRV.dll" to "OEM_FLASHDRVXXX.dll" and reboot the device. After rebooting into WM and after activesync is ready run flash-hardspl.bat . Check in tricolour bootloader screen if it is installed and then boot again into WM and change the registry value back to its old value.

worked for me.

mhmurad

Dec 18, 2011
Re:Rom update in HTC Touch2 T3333 PB74100.
Hello jockyw2001 bro..many many thanks.i have successfuly update my htc touch2 t3333 rom.thnaks man..Awesome >>>>>>> jock

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
english to chinese

i am trying to change my wifes old T3333 from english to simplified chinese (she is chinese) and also get the "Your OS ROM isn't customized for your hardware. Please reflash the proper ROM code or contact the service center"
i flashed "RUU_Mega_Dopod_CHS_1.36.706.3_Radio_Signed_MEGA_61.54t.25.35_3.53.25.20_Ship"
is there a patch for this rom or how to unlock it?
(i have flashed back to english for now :( )
thanks

nbassa

Jan 19, 2012
htc touch2

i have htc touch2 unbrande, so i start flhashing, firt i copied the .nbh file to sd card, second turn of the phone, then press volume down button and power on at the same time...

after 3 colors, the phone shows white screen with a word "Loading", just it, nothing else, i wait form more instructions and nothing, past more than 8 ours until the battery over...

help me, if i have forget any step... i need to flash my phone because allways it lose the signal when i made restart because install a program... and to recovery i do hard reset, again and again,

help

alex_21

Nov 21, 2010
cannot edit register!!!

when trying to change a reg value comes up error .. " access is denied" ... could someone help pls..:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HardSPL kit for Mega Touch2
    ===================

Brought to you by JockyW (jockyw2001)
    March 20, 2010

Download: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=296674&d=1269131599

DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE USING THIS TOOL

Instructions
    -------------

1. connect your MEGA with your PC by USB cable and boot into Windows Mobile
    2. wait until ActiveSync is ready (icon green)
    3. run "flash-hardspl.bat" to flash the HardSPL. It will create a backup of your current SPL
    (called "spl-backup.bin") and creates a file "check.bin" in subdirectory "1" (for diagnostic purposes)
    4. the phone will be rebooted automatically
    5. you can now flash any cooked or original rom, splash screen or radio rom
    6. use the attached custom RUU (rom) flasher to flash roms or rom components

Notes
    -------

- if your device is application locked the batch file will run with errors. To app unlock your device
    Download PHM Registry Editor - v0.70 from here:
    http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/en/index.php?soft=31

Copy it to your device and execute it.

Modify this registry key:
    HKLM/Security/Policies/Policies/0000101B if set to dword:2, change it to dword:1

Reset using power button and try again.

- the HardSPL is based on the SPL v1.28.0000 (PB74, Shipped) for MEGA with modelID PB74100 (check your modelID in battery compartment)
    - a quick verification for correct installation is to boot into SPL tri-colour bootloader screen (keep volume down pressed while you turn on or reset). In the top-left corner it should display "1.28.Hard"
    - to flash back the stock SPL 1.28.0000 run "flash-stock-1.28.0000.bat"
    - to flash your original SPL run "flash-your-backup.bat"
    - if the installation fails try again on another PC and make sure you logged in as administrator or as user with administrator rights. Alternatively run flash-hardspl.bat as administrator. If it still doesn't work look up this registry key in the phone:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\EXT_FLASHDRV]
    Change the value "Dll" from "OEM_FLASHDRV.dll" to "OEM_FLASHDRVXXX.dll" and reboot the device. After rebooting into WM and after activesync is ready run flash-hardspl.bat . Check in tricolour bootloader screen if it is installed and then boot again into WM and change the registry value back to its old value.

If it still doesn't work try to flash an older version of the official rom available for your model. If that doesn't help then create a Goldcard and flash the WWE-Europe rom. A Goldcard can be created with PSAS. This tool will cost you a few bucks but it's worth each and every penny (hopefully you still have a few pennies left for a donation :D )

Roms
    ------

Original ROMs can be found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=578915
    http://htcpedia.com/soft/mega-touch2-rom.html

With these rom you can easily set up a kitchen for MEGA.
    Check this Kaiser kitchen tutorial for a jump start:
    http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Kaiser ROM Kitchen Tutorial
    or for the Touch Pro2:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=560519&highlight=DaveShaw

Credits
    --------

- itsme for his fantastic open source itsutils package
    - pof and Olipro for many HardSPL patches
    - billabongstaff (HTC__506) and schranz01 (T-MOB101) for testing HardSPL

Donate
    --------

If you like the HardSPL and appreciate the time and effort I have put into this then feel free to send a PayPal donation to jocky_wilson@hotmail.com
    or click the donate button in my signature.

Enjoy,
    JockyW