[TOOLS] Screen ColourControl, Camera Enhancements, Screen Density, Boot Anim + MORE!

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
ah ok, I did not know that it only gave me the insecure boot image temporarily. will type "no" this time! thanks for the quick reply!

edit: did that and after it rebooted still gives me the same errors, does it automatically run the mod while in fastboot after it flashes the insecure boot image?
When you select 'no' it should reboot the phone into fastboot and then boot the insecure boot image so that the mods can be performed in adb mode with temp root access. If its not doing any of this procedure then check your drivers are working properly for fastboot and adb from the main menu.

Mark.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
im running cm9 and i keep getting a read only error when try to turn to camera sound off
CM9 doesnt use an insecure boot image which is needed for adb access. Select 'no' when asked if you are using an insecure boot image and let the ToolKit boot from its own image which will allow control.

Mark.

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
im running cm9 and i keep getting a read only error when try to turn to camera sound off

CM9 doesnt use an insecure boot image which is needed for adb access. Select 'no' when asked if you are using an insecure boot image and let the ToolKit boot from its own image which will allow control.

Mark.

Couldn't he just go into this menu and enable root for adb?

4329f06e-8765-6c4b.jpg

tjex

Aug 19, 2008
Vancouver
Had some problems with installing 4.0.4, but works well now. Thanks for the great tool!

Last edited:

aeoveu

Nov 8, 2010
Since this is in the Sprint category, I take it it's not applicable for the GSM version - or is it? (cause the toolkit supports the GSM Yakju).

Anyway, as far as the image quality is concerned (I think my phone crashed when I was editing the XML file manually), can anyone confirm if these settings ( http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23833076&postcount=13 ) work on their GNex for image compression?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Since this is in the Sprint category, I take it it's not applicable for the GSM version - or is it? (cause the toolkit supports the GSM Yakju).

Anyway, as far as the image quality is concerned (I think my phone crashed when I was editing the XML file manually), can anyone confirm if these settings ( http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23833076&postcount=13 ) work on their GNex for image compression?
There is absolutely no point in putting the image quality more than 100. 100% quality means no compression so how could you possibly have 130% quality (-30% compression)??

The maximum you want to have those values set to is 100, more than that will make no difference and may crash the app.

Mark.

jhgti

Sep 24, 2010
KC
Thank you for your development, loving all the settings.
Can someone help me setting up the screen color set up.
I have tried to do the set up with other settings from different treats, but my results end up looking all grainy.

Last edited:

Jimlarck

Mar 2, 2012
Having an Issue when I try to apply Phone Mods (Option 20) It doesn't go into the settings.

Help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GALAXY NEXUS PHONE MODS

This is all part of the Galaxy Nexus ToolKit but I have made a new Thread for people who may not have noticed it, people who didnt need the ToolKit but may find some of the Mods useful or just people who want to talk about the Phone Mods specifically.

FUNCTIONS OF THE PHONE MODS SECTION
    • Change the Screen Density (DPI)
    • CWM Recovery, Only 1 No in the Confirmation Screen
    • Camera Sounds (Disable/Enable Camera Shutter, Video Camera Shutter, Focus)
    • Camera Enhancements (Increase Video Bitrate, Sound Bitrate, Photo Quality)
    • Change WiFi Scan Interval (Time between scanning for new Wifi Access Points)
    • Startup Boot Animation Screen (Disable/Enable which affects Boot Time)
    • Screen Colour Control (Change Gamma Offset and Colour Multiplier)

--------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD
    The Phone Mods are part of the Galaxy Nexus ToolKit. You can download the latest version from there (no need to install drivers if you already have adb/fastboot drivers installed).

Snap_2012.04.23_10h28m59s_003_.png

USAGE
    STOCK ROM users will need to enter the Mods Section via the Galaxy Nexus ToolKit as most functions need an insecure boot image which is set up from the Model Selection Screen of the ToolKit. If you are running a CUSTOM ROM (with insecure boot image) then you can run the ModsSection.exe directly if you wish.

ALL Mods Section functions require you to be booted into Android and connected to the PC via usb with adb/fastboot drivers installed. If you havent done this already then refer to the Galaxy Nexus ToolKit Thread for setup instructions.

The Galaxy Nexus ToolKit and Mods Section are very tightly integrated and so is impossible to seperate the 2 parts unless I want to cut out Stock Rom users (which I dont) so please dont ask if I can split them up. I could but its just not worth it.

Lastly if you have any ideas for functions that can be added to the Mods Section or just want to discuss a particular function then feel free.

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.
    Can you post individual files for certain mods, like for the camera? I'd rather have a flashable if possible.
    You can find all the profiles for the camera in the mods folder of the ToolKit. If you dont want to install the ToolKit then the 3 profiles are in the attached zip.

Mark.
    Man do I wish my rom supported colour control.
    Im sure Roms will support init.d soon and francos kernel should work with Sprint if not he will make it work soon enough.

Mark.
    heres some color control guys. not 100% sure if it works with the sprint variant (i dont see why not. its just an apk) but install at your own risk. works for me and my stock verizon 4.0.4 kernel.

hope this helps!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1504584&page=28

its in the first post.