Installation

Step - 1 : Setting Up your PC!

Download The following resources first:

Now let's begin setting up your PC,

• Install the above mentioned programs.
  • Go to Advanced System Properties.
    It looks like this:
    e0lugy.jpg
  • Go to Environment Variables, then create a new System Variable, having name JAVA_HOME and value as the path where you have installed the JRE.
    It looks like this:
    53pt3m.jpg
  • Now after creating the JAVA_HOME variable, search for Path system variable in the System Variables list. Now this is a bit tricky. Once found click on it and then on Edit. Move the cursor to the end of the string till you see ";" (without quotes), add the path to your JRE bin folder just after it.
    It looks like this:
    2czqa1k.jpg
    2dakhzq.jpg
  • OK, so if everything went fine and just as what instructed then you are all good to proceed to Step - 2!

Step - 2 : Installing Cassini on your PC!

• Download the latest build from the download section.
  • Extract the zip Cassini.[CURRENT-VERSION].zip, and execute Cassini.[CURRENT-VERSION].exe.
  • Now follow the Installation wizard and you are done!
    It looks like this:
    2hs4ver.jpg
    o7r4sz.jpg
    25q9ggo.jpg

How to Use?

• Firstly, open up your C: Drive and then go to Program Files [Program Files (x86) in case of 64-bit system] folder, then just look for a folder named Divya Mamgai, go in it and you will find a folder named Cassini and that's it, it is your Main directory.
  • Now copy your apk files to the working directory of it, and then start the program.
  • Now just press enter to start compressing!
  • Wait for the process to complete, and all your apk files will be available to be used while saving a lot of data on your device in the build folder.

Download

Currently Compatible Apps

• All System Apps, except - LatinIME.apk [ Results in force close of keyboard?! :( ]
  • Some PlayStore Apps.

Example of working - ZPlayer, Textra, Solid Explorer and even more!
    Example of non-working - WhatsApp and especially all the games i had (!), please try it out and report me of what apps are compressible and what are not?

Screens

• Cassini.1.1 -
    2rwq8f4.jpg
    15g3vo7.jpg
    2vazhc1.jpg

Hit thanks if you like my work! [ :) ]

Last edited:

b_hermon

Oct 9, 2008
Does this make any impact on receiving updates from the Play store? After updating would the apps be uncompressed?

Maurice5813

Jan 1, 1970
this is the best tool! I'm a dev, so can I use this n the system apps of my roms before I make them into a flashable zip? Also, does this work on the framework-res.apk?

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
I respect your work but its not The Only of its kind!
as Dilesh Perera said,goptimizer like..

what is the png compression/optimization technique used?

DivyaMamgai

Oct 5, 2012
Vadodara
First of all sorry to not reply so late cause, I had exams and also the fact that I forgot to subscribe the thread.
I'm really sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2n82dmc.jpg

Installation

Step - 1 : Setting Up your PC!

Download The following resources first:

Now let's begin setting up your PC,

• Install the above mentioned programs.
    • Go to Advanced System Properties.
      It looks like this:
      e0lugy.jpg
    • Go to Environment Variables, then create a new System Variable, having name JAVA_HOME and value as the path where you have installed the JRE.
      It looks like this:
      53pt3m.jpg
    • Now after creating the JAVA_HOME variable, search for Path system variable in the System Variables list. Now this is a bit tricky. Once found click on it and then on Edit. Move the cursor to the end of the string till you see ";" (without quotes), add the path to your JRE bin folder just after it.
      It looks like this:
      2czqa1k.jpg
      2dakhzq.jpg
    • OK, so if everything went fine and just as what instructed then you are all good to proceed to Step - 2!

Step - 2 : Installing Cassini on your PC!

• Download the latest build from the download section.
    • Extract the zip Cassini.[CURRENT-VERSION].zip, and execute Cassini.[CURRENT-VERSION].exe.
    • Now follow the Installation wizard and you are done!
      It looks like this:
      2hs4ver.jpg
      o7r4sz.jpg
      25q9ggo.jpg

How to Use?

• Firstly, open up your C: Drive and then go to Program Files [Program Files (x86) in case of 64-bit system] folder, then just look for a folder named Divya Mamgai, go in it and you will find a folder named Cassini and that's it, it is your Main directory.
    • Now copy your apk files to the working directory of it, and then start the program.
    • Now just press enter to start compressing!
    • Wait for the process to complete, and all your apk files will be available to be used while saving a lot of data on your device in the build folder.

Download

Currently Compatible Apps

• All System Apps, except - LatinIME.apk [ Results in force close of keyboard?! :( ]
    • Some PlayStore Apps.

Example of working - ZPlayer, Textra, Solid Explorer and even more!
      Example of non-working - WhatsApp and especially all the games i had (!), please try it out and report me of what apps are compressible and what are not?

Screens

• Cassini.1.1 -
      2rwq8f4.jpg
      15g3vo7.jpg
      2vazhc1.jpg

Hit thanks if you like my work! [ :) ]
    Change Log

• Version - 1.1
      • Initial release with minimal features.
    [Tool][Windows] Cassini.1.2 - App Compressor is Back!
    thank you, perfect, that's what I needed:)

You are welcome buddy!
    thank you, perfect

thank you, perfect, that's what I needed:)