[Q] sgh-747m unknown baseband

Search This thread

muhammad.kh

Aug 21, 2014
hello

I flash my sgh-747m with stock rom "4.0.4" after flash I get unknown baseband and no imei, I think the phone needed stock modem file

can some one help me please :confused::confused:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
How did you flash the ROM? What ROM was on your phone before flashing? Did you flash the i747m ROM?

muhammad.kh

Aug 21, 2014
replay

How did you flash the ROM? What ROM was on your phone before flashing? Did you flash the i747m ROM?

1-
in the beginning I flash "sgh-i747m 4.0.4" rom via SPT box but when trying to flash boot file the flashing fail and I can only flash PDA,CEC,Modem files
after that I get three problems (null imei + unknown baseband + I can't access factory mode)

2-
I download new rom (root66.stock_Sasktel_I747MVLALH1) and try to flash it via odin but it fail when flashing boot file too, and problem not solved.

3-
I didn't know what is the rom was installed on it because it was locked and belong to a customer.

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Not sure about SPT box....never heard of that, but it sounds like you are on either 4.3 or 4.4.2 firmware, meaning only the modem that matches the bootloader will work.

open Terminal Emulator and enter this to find your current firmware/bootloader version:

getprop ro.bootloader

what that returns will be the modem you need to flash.

muhammad.kh

Aug 21, 2014
replay

Not sure about SPT box....never heard of that, but it sounds like you are on either 4.3 or 4.4.2 firmware, meaning only the modem that matches the bootloader will work.

open Terminal Emulator and enter this to find your current firmware/bootloader version:

getprop ro.bootloader

what that returns will be the modem you need to flash.

Terminal Emulator

$ getprop ro.bootloader
I747MVLUEMK5

:confused::confused::confused:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Ok. Thats a 4.3 build and is why you couldn't flash the older firmware. You did say that it did allow you to flash the modem though, and thats what is causing your problem. You need to flash the MK5 modem and everything should work again.