Playground ICS [New Era]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ABorgh

May 30, 2010
I have noticed that when you change the volume when screen is off. The phone freezes. Just me?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

pecora

Nov 26, 2008
I have noticed that when you change the volume when screen is off. The phone freezes. Just me?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

Yep, no fc for me.

@twisted:
In settings/playground /composition type there are 4 choices, if I am not wrong in beta 7 by default is checked dynamic, now markov. I leaved untouched, what's the difference?

Inviato dal mio Desire HD usando Tapatalk

Yep, no fc for me.

@twisted:
In settings/playground /composition type there are 4 choices, if I am not wrong in beta 7 by default is checked dynamic, now markov. I leaved untouched, what's the difference?

Inviato dal mio Desire HD usando Tapatalk

It's a different composition type. I did change the default as it showed better results. It's how the screen generates the image more or less. Mdp is a little more like async where dyn is more as needed. C2d would be like optimized but takes more power.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Last edited:
Reactions: Nark.GA60

fishykipper

May 29, 2011
The Unova Region
Hows netflix coming along mate?
The latest release is perfect for me. Smooth, no FC's.
Hows the video cam coming along? The camera actually creates the video file now, so you can't be far off right?!?

About to make history I reckon!!!
Best of luck!

H

hoffmas

@twisted: i have fixed video recording for the vision with a simple trick, naybe this also works for the desire hd...

I did the following (media_profiles.xml)

I took the bitrate configuration from cm7 and changed all fps to 15... then i changed height and weight related to the visions display resolution / means, 720p = 600000 bitrate, 15 fps & 800 x 480

...maybe this also works for other devices ;)

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

@twisted: i have fixed video recording for the vision with a simple trick, naybe this also works for the desire hd...

I did the following (media_profiles.xml)

I took the bitrate configuration from cm7 and changed all fps to 15... then i changed height and weight related to the visions display resolution / means, 720p = 600000 bitrate, 15 fps & 800 x 480

...maybe this also works for other devices ;)

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

That's how it already is

H

hoffmas

no it isn´t (the follwing is from your github):

<EncoderProfile quality="720p" fileFormat="mp4" duration="30"> <Video codec="h264"
bitRate="15000000" / = 8000000
width="1280" / = 800
height="720" / = 480
frameRate="15" />
<Audio codec="aac"
bitRate="96000"
sampleRate="48000"
channels="1" />
</EncoderProfile>

....because your screen resolution is: 480 x 800

no it isn´t (the follwing is from your github):

<EncoderProfile quality="720p" fileFormat="mp4" duration="30"> <Video codec="h264"
bitRate="15000000" / = 8000000
width="1280" / = 800
height="720" / = 480
frameRate="15" />
<Audio codec="aac"
bitRate="96000"
sampleRate="48000"
channels="1" />
</EncoderProfile>

....because your screen resolution is: 480 x 800

Slick, you said you changed the framerates to 15 and frameRate="15" doesn't look like a 30 to me. As for the bitrate and the screen size, you are just downgrading the video and not fixing anything. I would be more than willing to integrate a "fix" that didn't solve 720p recording by making it VGA. If I wanted that, I can just switch the camera to VGA in the app.

Last edited:
H

hoffmas

did you try it? or are you just flaming at me... (i know its probably not the best solution, but somehow its better than nothing)

EDIT: for vision vga and 480p works fine now... 720p at 800 x 480 with a bitrate 600000 also works

all based on your media_profiles.xml - maybe fix was the wrong definition ;)

Last edited:
did you try it? or are you just flaming at me... (i know its probably not the best solution, but somehow its better than nothing)

EDIT: for vision vga and 480p works fine now... 720p at 800 x 480 with a bitrate 600000 also works

all based on your media_profiles.xml - maybe fix was the wrong definition ;)

I'm not flaming as much as shocked that you are coming here trying to push changing 720p resolution to widescreen 480 as if I'm being ignorant by pointing out that it is not 720p and therefore just a pointless way to trick users into thinking it works.

Search "720p resolution" in google and see how varied the answers are. They won't be because one of the values is the reason they named it.

Last edited:
H

hoffmas

i dont try to push anything... im tired of this anyway (i thought it might be helpful and i think its interesting that videorecording function is somehow related to the display screen resolution)

have a nice day - back to real life :)

i dont try to push anything... im tired of this anyway (i thought it might be helpful and i think its interesting that videorecording function is somehow related to the display screen resolution)

have a nice day - back to real life :)

That's because currently the 720p vidc drivers available for the msm7x30 kernel are insufficient. It's the same reason Netflix fails without proper driver updates.

Maybe if you tried to understand what I am telling you instead of being so set on the easy out to pass something off as working, you would realize I haven't spent a month working on this thing just to have no clue what all of it means / does.

I am trying to explain it but it seems like you aren't getting the reason behind my amazement, so let me go about it a different way:

The "p" and "i" designations below stand for "progressive" and "interlaced." For the progressive format, the full picture updates every 1/60 th of a second. For the interlaced format, only half of the picture is updated every 1/60 th of a second.

Standard Definition Formats
(roughly the equivalent of analog broadcast):
480i - The Resolution is 704x480 pixels, sent at 60 interlaced frames per second or 30 complete frames per second.
480p - The Resolution is 704x480 pixels, sent at 60 complete frames per second.

High Definition Formats (I.E. HDTV):
720p - The Resolution is 1280x720 pixels, sent at 60 complete frames per second.
1080i - The Resolution is 1920x1080 pixels, sent at 60 interlaced frames per second or 30 complete frames per second.
1080p - The Resolution is 1920x1080 pixels, sent at 60 complete frames per second.

Technically, nothing we have is actually a "p" resolution, but it is named that way to avoid confusion. The important part is the resolution itself, which is a STRICT 1280x720 pixels

Last edited:
H

hoffmas

i got you & i know you are doing all the work for the camera to get it working (i really apreciate this)

and as i already mentioned, i know its not a proper fix!!!!

Last edited:
i got you & i know you are doing all the work for the camera to get it working (i really apreciate this)

and as i already mentioned, i know its not a proper fix!!!! in the vision forums i even said this...

but because i think this little configuration is a easy thing to do (at least you can choose between two fully functional resolutions and one fake) i posted it...

but hey i have three little kids a job and im doing my phd (so thank you for remindig that i shouldnt spend so much time on things i dont unterstand completly)

I could also list the things I have going on outside this, but the point is not that I did the camera, but I made sure to learn it. If you want to take what I am saying as "you're idea is dumb" then you will never make it in Android. Period. If you get that I am saying "that is a bad idea because you are hiding the real problem and here is why" then you might actually learn something...

H

hoffmas

sry, i didnt wanted this... learning is always a good thing :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bug Tracker

Playground ICS

I would like to take a moment and humbly thank AllDroid.org for supporting my campaign to keep Android development moving forward as a community. We are a single voice reminding everyone that as much as we are Android, Android is us.
    After careful consideration, I have decided to close the thread for this device and restrict availability to milestone releases through the website.
    This comes from many factors that led to this decision. I cannot be as active in the forums due to personal reasons and this device seems to rely more heavily on forum interaction than the bugtracker, making it hard to quickly resolve issues without the added time of finding the report first.
    These issues have rarely contained much information beyond "it was like this in an old version of IceColdSandwich" which is very hard to evaluate not having the device to test for myself. I cannot determine if this is a result of the lack of available testing or the demanding atmosphere on this particular device forum.
    When all of this is combined it seems that I simply don't have the capability to support this device at the level it requires, so I wish you all the best and thanks for the time we had.
    Rather than continue posting builds as a reply to another thread, I will be using this thread to test my updates and changes. Should relieve all the "where is the link?" posts.

For those asking "but what is different?" I will no longer be uploading to github first and building after so all the changes I make get tested before they are merged and I don't have to compare source to get my results through the replies to a different ROM.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    No bug reports posted here will likely be resolved since we have a bugtracker
    Any reviews of the build should be for other users and not the developers
    This thread has been reopened for the incoming funeral of many other ics builds
    - We now have a fix for Netflix coming and a camcorder fix in progress.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Releases are about to hit shelves shortly and things have changed up a bit to make life easier on us and you.

Use the bugtracker. Some builds have Q&A threads where issues are quickly lost in a sea of comments, others use twitter where issues can easily be missed. A bugtracker is a solid way to report an issue, reduce duplicates, and make sure that both of us know the status of the report.

The dropbox links are updated quicker, but go down more often. Honestly they are only provided because it is easy to upload them. Usually it is worth waiting for the dev-host link to be available. I will find a better way to specify when links are new, but for now it is in transition.

The links are now on the main page to prevent confusion. If you want to know the changelog, check the timestamp. If you are confused about what works or doesn't work, check the first post or the bugtracker. They are there for just these reasons.

All that aside, the new versions are now available. Enjoy.