[Q] Any fix for PCC "There is no software available for your device" error?

Search This thread

Hossam.Abdelsalam

Jul 9, 2012
Cairo
Hello Everyone,
i'm sure most of you guys are facing this weird PC Companion issue after downloading the new (23.0.1.A.0.167) FW, to make it short, here is what i get:

1- connecting my XZ2
2- New Software available (23.0.1.A.0.167)
3- Disconnect the device (PCC new feature)
4- Downloading .... etc
5- Connection XZ2 again
6- The mobile shuts down
7- Error "There is no software available for your device"

check the attached screenshot
so any possible fix for this?

Attachments

• PCCError.jpg
    PCCError.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Reactions: vv91xv

vv91xv

Dec 27, 2012
Hello Everyone,
i'm sure most of you guys are facing this weird PC Companion issue after downloading the new (23.0.1.A.0.167) FW, to make it short, here is what i get:

1- connecting my XZ2
4- Downloading .... etc
5- Connection XZ2 again
6- The mobile shuts down

+1
I download generic Russia, and flash it.

Hossam.Abdelsalam

Jul 9, 2012
Cairo
That Was Really Awfull

So I decrypted the files i got from the PC Companion and guess what i found...!!
the old version rom (.314) was the one included in the downloaded files, FU..K YOU SONY, you didn't even bother to check the files you are sending to us.
Seems that the same problem happens in several regions, as lots of talk i found when googling the problem.

And that explains everything, the PC Companion downloads whats on the server as the new 23.0.1.A.0.167, and when the mobile shuts down to the flash mode the error happens

Also some guy at the GENERAL forum posting the ROM twice, and they reply "its the old one", unbelievable ...

Attachments

• FakeRom.jpg
    FakeRom.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:

kokesh

Jul 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9
will this affect the Z2 by any means? will it change its region for example, will it delay the OTA in the future? if no then i'll be doing exactly as u did

I am wondering the same. I live in Sweden and got offered new firmware 23 (or whatever it is). So I've downloaded about 1gig of something and than when it turns off the phone, I get info about no software available.
When I check available firmware for Sweden, it has two version or two operators (not for the third one, which I happen to have) and both are version 17.xxx. WTF??? I guess PC Companion got too happy about availability of nw firmware somewhere in the world and realized, that there is no new FW for my region. ugh.

jfx_99

Apr 2, 2012
Same error here in France :(

23.0.1.A.0.167 sony pc companion update error "there is no update available for your device"

CxXRAZIELXxR

Jan 17, 2013
I had deutschland unbranded 4.4.2 and I have been updated to 4.4.4 with PCC without issues. (I'm from Costa Rica)

May 31, 2014
same thing happened to me. but now I managed to update it successfully. just uninstall pc companion and download from their site and install again. redo the process of updating. hope it works in your case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone,

1- connecting my XZ2
    4- Downloading .... etc
    5- Connection XZ2 again
    6- The mobile shuts down