Ps2 emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sprintuser1977

Aug 30, 2011
Barney,Ga
There is a ps2 emulator on the market and I own just about every one there is. The reviews on this one are either great or they say it completely sucks. Anyone had any first hand experience with this thing

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

WereCatf

Jun 16, 2011
I do not believe even for a second that there would exist a fully-functioning PS2 emulator for Android devices. A Core 2 Duo can't run any PS2 games playably, there's no way a mobile device with ARM-processor would either.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Reviews either suck or sing it's praises? Sounds like developer and co giving good ratings and actual users giving actual ratings?

EDIT: Ah, just checked. Developer website down, everything just reeks of fraud.

Last edited:

WereCatf

Jun 16, 2011
Tbh, I do not understand people who even ask these kinds of things. Where's your common sense? How could a mobile device with a fraction of a proper PC's performance run a PS2 emulator when PC's themselves are struggling with that?

sprintuser1977

Aug 30, 2011
Barney,Ga
Tbh, I do not understand people who even ask these kinds of things. Where's your common sense? How could a mobile device with a fraction of a proper PC's performance run a PS2 emulator when PC's themselves are struggling with that?

Don't question my common sense asshat. Android phones lower end than the note run an n64 emulator and also at one point were running a friggin dreamcast emulator so don't tell me what is and isn't possible on high end phones by great developers unless you are a great developer yourself

From the Beast : Galaxy Note

WereCatf

Jun 16, 2011
Don't question my common sense asshat. Android phones lower end than the note run an n64 emulator and also at one point were running a friggin dreamcast emulator so don't tell me what is and isn't possible on high end phones by great developers unless you are a great developer yourself

You're comparing N64 and PS2?

Uh, I think I'll leave this at that, no point in arguing if you believe they are anywhere near comparable.

Reactions: JasonOT

sprintuser1977

Aug 30, 2011
Barney,Ga
I wasn't comparing an n64 and a ps2 great android developers that you are. I was making a point that if a low end cheap phone could run a n64 and dreamcast emulator that was said not to be able to by know it all great ones like y'all then a high end phone could possibly run a ps2 one. There has been tons of things done on android that "was not possible" according to geniuses like you that has been done. You tards get off my thread, you are not helping nor contributing any help. What's it with all these xda kid trolls taking over :banghead:

GallardosEggrollShop

Oct 27, 2007
The Hill
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
While probable, it is highly unlikely that a PS2 emulator is even possible even with the right software and development. It is just too taxing of an emulation. My high end desktop can run certain games great but then struggles to render other games. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice though, I've been wanting to play some PS2 rpgs on the go for a very long time.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

sprintuser1977

Aug 30, 2011
Barney,Ga
It seems it was pulled off the market now. It was looking fishy with the review disparities and website down too

sprintuser1977

Aug 30, 2011
Barney,Ga
I tried awhile back to find the dreamcast emulator apk but couldn't. The guy quit working on it but did have it running some games first. One of my favorite systems ever

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
Thanks for your expertise, now stfu

Listen, I don't know what your problem is, but use your head and stop thinking that since you're on the internet you can act like a badass. The fact is, the Nintendo DS emulator runs like ****. N64oid also only plays a handful of first-party titles. Hell I bet your computer that you're on right now can't even emulate PS2 well.
The Note doesn't even play n64 games better than a single core. The same graphical glitches are present.

A ps2 emulator is NOT realistic, and you aren't even contributing to your own thread by saying "stfu" at every corner.

Last edited:

WereCatf

Jun 16, 2011
Listen, I don't know what your problem is, but use your head and stop thinking that since you're on the internet you can act like a badass. The fact is, the Nintendo DS emulator runs like ****. N64oid also only plays a handful of first-party titles. Hell I bet your computer that you're on right now can't even emulate PS2 well.

A ps2 emulator is NOT realistic, and you aren't even contributing to your own thread by saying "stfu" at every corner.

That's the same thing I said on the previous page: there is no way a current-gen ARM-device could run PS2 games at full speed. The Exynos/Snapdragon chips used in our Notes cannot compete with even just one core of a Core2Duo let alone both cores, and yet my previous PC was a Core2Duo+HD3770 and it still couldn't run PS2 games playably.

But the OP acts like a spoiled little brat and keeps telling people to shut up when told about that. Not terribly constructive behaviour, let alone mature.

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
The Nintendo DS emulator doesn't even work.. how do you expect a ps2 emulator to work?

I've seen working ds emulators...

Hoesntly if u want to talk to someone with some brains id check out the developer yongzh from slideme.org or the guys that developed fpse the ps1 emulator. Yongzh has always been very kind to me and I've been in corespondance (spelling?) with him for years now.

Sent from my overclocked desire z (tmobile g2) via tapatalk app

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
The Note doesn't even play n64 games better than a single core. The same graphical glitches are present.

Handful of first party titles..? I can play over 40 on my g2 without a problem... there are probably only about 50 good games on every system in the first place.

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
I've seen working ds emulators...

Hoesntly if u want to talk to someone with some brains id check out the developer yongzh from slideme.org or the guys that developed fpse the ps1 emulator. Yongzh has always been very kind to me and I've been in corespondance (spelling?) with him for years now.

So you consider "working" to play at 3fps and load three games? Yongzh is a stand up guy but that doesn't make the Nintendo DS emulator work any better or a ps2 emulator more feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Trololol. The ps2 had a 300mhz processor.

That quite clearly shows the amount of stuff you know. First of all, the main CPU is 64-bit whereas our Notes are only 32-bit, that means instructions cannot just be translated directly. And emulating just the plain CPU does not get you very far as you must emulate audio, USB, storage media, GPU, not to mention all the synchronization between the components.

It is actually helluva lot of work going on there at any time.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

even though they aren't programmers or developers.

Incorrect.

You're comparing N64 and PS2?

Uh, I think I'll leave this at that, no point in arguing if you believe they are anywhere near comparable.