[Q] After re-installation of factory android internet doesn't work

Search This thread

kidajske

Aug 10, 2010
Hello everyone,

So a few weeks ago my phone just wouldn't start. It would get to the point where you see the samsung logo on the screen and it would turn back off. I took it to the store I bought it from and they fixed it by formatting the phone back to the factory default operating system.

Since then, the phone has worked fine but my internet just doesn't work.

Any ideas? I'd rather fix it myself than have to deal with those people again.

Thanks

rbanavara

Mar 21, 2014
Ensure correct wifi config & try static IP address

I assume by internet you mean wifi connectivity. Have you setup your connectivity properly? you can also try setting up a static IP adress (go t wireless in settings, pres and hold the wifi name and from the popup menu select "modify network config" and select the check box for "show advanced config" there you can select static). You can search on net about setting static IP address on android as well.

kidajske

Aug 10, 2010
I assume by internet you mean wifi connectivity. Have you setup your connectivity properly? you can also try setting up a static IP adress (go t wireless in settings, pres and hold the wifi name and from the popup menu select "modify network config" and select the check box for "show advanced config" there you can select static). You can search on net about setting static IP address on android as well.

I don't mean wi-fi. I'm referring to my carriers internet service that's within my contact.