Project [ROM/ANDROID] Android fo HTC MEGA//Updated 15/01/2011

Search This thread

fisher51112

Feb 14, 2010
Hello guys,

Here is the official topic where I will write all information, news(good and bad:D) and everything what I will get in my developing.

I tried to run android for our devices at april, but it was so slow, so it boot nearly 2 days:D. But from that time I learned a lot to bring up android for our MEGA.

I hope to bring good news soon)))

News:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
28/11/2010: Project has been officially started. Please, do not post everyday "send me android to...", "when it will be?..." and so on. I will post news about any progress in developing, so-be patient:). Write only if you:have any questions, bug reports about current version(which will be available soon, i hope); want to be in beta testers team; made/want to make a donation:).

01/12/2010: For all of you, who wrote to me about beta test-you are accepted. I don't have an opportunity to write about it for each of you, so I do it this way.

About porting. Firstly, I will try to install android like "native" --> there will be no windows on MEGA after it. I have two ideas about how to do this, but before doing this I need to get some information about possibilities of doing this and after it I'll try to do this. If not-I'll need to recompile haret and do like others tryed-create android with haret.

Write to my PM or to my twitter(fisher51112) about what you want to see on your device:dual boot or "native" android.

05/12/2010: Sorry for "non text" update. There were bugs with opera, so it didn't change my post. For all of you-both sides-"dual boot" and "native"(sorry for my familiarity)-there are possible to do native boot of android, but it is dangerous(now) and I think there will be a problem with bios, but I'm not sure. For dual-boot "side"-I found today my haret7225))) I think I lost it))) It must working good, but I, of cource need to "play" with it to make this working. This summer I get it not working, but I got new errors without crashing WM or something else. I think I need to start from that, and resolve all errors to boot it up))

I also choose image for our mega. This is not tattoo, it something better))) I will use wildfire(buzz) image to use it on our device. It has more similarities in configuration and it will work better then others))

Beta testers-be ready)) When it will be ready, I will choose some of you to test it on your devices.

10/12/2010: I have some progress in developing. I get zImage which is suitable for our devices. Also I will create system.ext to make the first boot of android on mega:)

And I did some modifications to default.txt, so it almost ready)). If someone can help me to create system.ext - write to my email.

15/01/2011: Sorry, I didn't update news due to health problem. Project is not dead, of course, I will continue working on developing android for our device. It I will have any news-I will write them down here.

Of course I will need some guys to test alfa versions of android. So, if you wanna be in beta testers team-write me in PM or in my email:fisher51112@gmail.com

Also, your donations will stimulate my work:)
My PayPal:fisher51112@gmail.com

P.s. Sorry for my language. I'm from Russia and my English not perfect. So be loyal))))

Last edited by a moderator:

Exsoul

Jul 9, 2010
Nice to see people interested in porting android to our mega=). Good luck with the project, hope it works well and lot of people will be happy with you (me included) :)

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
fisher, i'll do it. but only on selected beta, as i cannot affort to brick my htc. i've on android/wm previously when i am using polaris.

Mr. Clown

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee - Fear a Clown
Staff member
Nov 29, 2008
Lake Ridge, Virginia
As the OP states, please calm down and stop posting emails and requesting files. If you want to be a beta tester PM the OP.

I will delete those posts and keep the thread clean.

I hope this project turns good.

Last edited:

mariuck

Dec 24, 2009
Bucharest
thanks a lot Mr. Clown... we really need that.. cause i am tired to see ppl asking "is the android ready?" they don't search a little.. forum = search the info !!

GL with the project fisher and u have, all time in the world for this ! :)

amienzero

Jun 22, 2010
out of curiousity, how do you boot android on mega? using Haret or flashing android rom to mega?

sweetbinodray

Apr 18, 2009
kolkata
I will join both of you.

Originally Posted by fisher51112
Well, why not?))

I will port android for mega. I tryed to port it this winter, but it was very VERY slow. But I didn't spend this time for nothing. I have read some books which, i think, will help me to develop it. Maybe tomorrow I will create new topic where i will post my results. I hope you will support me in developing.

Fisher51112.

Originally Posted by Captainkrtek
Ill PM you

Ok, had some nice news. Guys i am here too.

Exsoul

Jul 9, 2010
May I ask if you are planning to release the rom in some languages (i.e. russian and english only) or we'll have a wide variety of choices.

I ask because I don't know how it works, just wondering.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Here is the official topic where I will write all information, news(good and bad:D) and everything what I will get in my developing.

I tried to run android for our devices at april, but it was so slow, so it boot nearly 2 days:D. But from that time I learned a lot to bring up android for our MEGA.

I hope to bring good news soon)))

News:
    28/11/2010: Project has been officially started. Please, do not post everyday "send me android to...", "when it will be?..." and so on. I will post news about any progress in developing, so-be patient:). Write only if you:have any questions, bug reports about current version(which will be available soon, i hope); want to be in beta testers team; made/want to make a donation:).

01/12/2010: For all of you, who wrote to me about beta test-you are accepted. I don't have an opportunity to write about it for each of you, so I do it this way.

About porting. Firstly, I will try to install android like "native" --> there will be no windows on MEGA after it. I have two ideas about how to do this, but before doing this I need to get some information about possibilities of doing this and after it I'll try to do this. If not-I'll need to recompile haret and do like others tryed-create android with haret.

Write to my PM or to my twitter(fisher51112) about what you want to see on your device:dual boot or "native" android.

05/12/2010: Sorry for "non text" update. There were bugs with opera, so it didn't change my post. For all of you-both sides-"dual boot" and "native"(sorry for my familiarity)-there are possible to do native boot of android, but it is dangerous(now) and I think there will be a problem with bios, but I'm not sure. For dual-boot "side"-I found today my haret7225))) I think I lost it))) It must working good, but I, of cource need to "play" with it to make this working. This summer I get it not working, but I got new errors without crashing WM or something else. I think I need to start from that, and resolve all errors to boot it up))

I also choose image for our mega. This is not tattoo, it something better))) I will use wildfire(buzz) image to use it on our device. It has more similarities in configuration and it will work better then others))

Beta testers-be ready)) When it will be ready, I will choose some of you to test it on your devices.

10/12/2010: I have some progress in developing. I get zImage which is suitable for our devices. Also I will create system.ext to make the first boot of android on mega:)

And I did some modifications to default.txt, so it almost ready)). If someone can help me to create system.ext - write to my email.

15/01/2011: Sorry, I didn't update news due to health problem. Project is not dead, of course, I will continue working on developing android for our device. It I will have any news-I will write them down here.

Of course I will need some guys to test alfa versions of android. So, if you wanna be in beta testers team-write me in PM or in my email:fisher51112@gmail.com

Also, your donations will stimulate my work:)
    My PayPal:fisher51112@gmail.com

P.s. Sorry for my language. I'm from Russia and my English not perfect. So be loyal))))
    I am tired of disappointments

Sorry to say but please developers, if you will really work on this project, do so, but if you cannot, please show the courage and say you cannot.

I am tired of disappointments. Yes, this is a tough work. I know. For HD2, several developers worked together for months and could bring android using haret. But fisher, you mentioned about a "native" android before starting anything!!??!! Come on!! Now no replies. And we see you are working on emulators.

And people asking for language support when we have a whole nothing.

Captain mentioning he can return. Stop bringing false hopes.

We need to find serious developers, or hope nothing, and stick to our WM.
    This my sources.Today I make some change in asmstuff.s, in cpuFlushcache_MSM7225.

Here the site on which can be found the helpful information:
    infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dai0195b/index.html

Good materials, arm Infocenter is well known to me, but keep up.
    stop hating windows mobile guys.

its not that android is that much better, but all u people just got bored with winmo.

i dont know about you, but i bought this phone because it has winmo. for the same money you can buy a practically same phone with android..
    I still have the device, as the summer rolls around I may or may not have a new job. If I do not then I may just fiddle with this and see if I can get anything working :)