[OFFICIAL-MIUI-PT-ROM][Jan 20][U8800]MIUI v2.1.20[2.3.7][EN-PT]

Search This thread

Isamu_Dyson

Mar 17, 2009
can´t turn wifi on, allways turns out an error :(

i had a problem like that with other Rom a wille ago and deleting the wpa.suplicant solved, but in this case it don´t...

any other idea ?

I factory reseted my device, flash´d rom, let the fone start, then factory reseted again, reinstaled rom... like 2 or 3 times and still nothing :(

I had that same problem. I fixed that flashing 1.11.18 and then 1.12.2. Do not wipe when upgrading to 1.12.2.

l3gionPT

Jun 27, 2011
Can't get this ROM working in my Huawei X5.

I've made a fresh install by returning to the stock ROM, B138 using Esthonia Elisa, root with SuperBoot and Recovery 4.0.1.5 / 5.0.2.6 (yes tried with both versions).

After flashing MIUI 1.12.2 ou MIUI 1.12.9 and restarting the mobile phone it freezes at IDEOS screen boot.

YES, I've made all necessary wipes and reset..

Any tips please?

Thanks

joao.miguel

Aug 6, 2006
Lisboa
Can't get this ROM working in my Huawei X5.

I've made a fresh install by returning to the stock ROM, B138 using Esthonia Elisa, root with SuperBoot and Recovery 4.0.1.5 / 5.0.2.6 (yes tried with both versions).

After flashing MIUI 1.12.2 ou MIUI 1.12.9 and restarting the mobile phone it freezes at IDEOS screen boot.

YES, I've made all necessary wipes and reset..

Any tips please?

Thanks

Try installing 1.11.18 first.

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Right now I am trying to flash MIUI US 1.11.25. If it doesn't work I'll follow your advise.

Thank you

EDIT: It worked with MIUI US 1.11.25 version.

I had the same problem, tried to solve it by:
1. installing b162 and then 1.12.9 --> didn't work, still got stuck at the Huawei logo
2. installed 1.11.18 PT --> same problem...
3. installed Miui US 1.11.25 --> phone booted again --> installed 1.12.9 PT on top of 1.11.25 (after deleting caches) --> now the phone boots with the new ROM, but I'm getting a lot of fc's.

--> seems to be language related, fc's started right after I changed the language from Portuguese to English (UK)...and now I can't change the language back since I get fc before I get to the settings...weird! I guess I have to teach myself some Portuguese. :confused:

Last edited:

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Try to make a factory reset and reinstall The rom.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'll try that next. Already did a factory reset and the phone (again) worked fine until I changed the language back to English (it didn't matter whether it was US,UK or Australian). Could it be a faulty language pack or something?

EDIT: factory resetting and reinstalling the rom did did-dly-squat...the same FC show started right after I changed the language. Could it be the LP?

Last edited:

dream4

Oct 11, 2011
istanbul
I'm using miui 1.11.25 and this rom causes problems;

1-After boot,my status bar said 'force close' and never seen again
2-settings-system says also 'force close'.

You should check your rom,i guess bud,because i'have never seen something like that between miui flashes.I don't have to wipe data/factory reset between miui roms.

pramanta

Mar 2, 2011
on the new 1.12.9 I also found out the wi-fi tethering not working , it keeps showing "Turning on...". so I guess stick with 1.11.25, wi-fi tethering working correctly.

Last edited:

rtfpessoa

Dec 30, 2010
Lisbon
This week's rom had some problems with the en translation i decided to make another build, try it now should be fixed.

Reactions: sbasil

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
on the new 1.12.9 I also found out the wi-fi tethering not working , it keeps showing "Turning on...". so I guess stick with 1.11.25, wi-fi tethering working correctly.

Wifi and usb-tethering aren't working for me either, but I think that the USB tethering was off even before. Other than that it's working well without fc's again. :)

l3gionPT

Jun 27, 2011
Can you explain it better?
Do you have 1.12.9 working now?

Hello,

Thank you for your concern.

I installed the stock ROM (b138), everything went well. After that, I rooted the phone and installed recovery. Then, I downloaded 1.12.2 MIUI version and tried to flash it..it flashed well, but the device doesn't boot..it stays at IDEOS image at boot.

Back to stock ROM, bla bla :), and tried to flash 1.12.9 MIUI version. Same as before..

It worked with MIUI US 1.12.25 version, the device booted fine. BUT, right now I have CM7 because I needed to have my phone working...

Monday I will try to flash MIUI last versions again..and I'll follow some advices posted here.

regards

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Can you try to make a factory reset and reinstall the rom?
Wifi should be working...

Wifi is working well, but wifi tethering isn't nor is usb tethering. There are apps for that so no worries. :)

EDIT: usb tethering works with stockwell's kernel (wifi tethering still doesn't)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

i'm here to give you MIUIPortugal Port for U8800 so you can enjoy your awsome phone.

This port is a continuation of Stockwell's great work and i will try to make it better anda better always counting with the help of all the MIUI community.

Kernell franciscofranco: by franciscofranco
    English Translation: by MIUI US

Download Page

FAQ:
    Question: My X5 have Random Reboots/Don't boots/Many FC's/Wifi doesn't work. Any Solution?
    Answer: Folow exactly this steps :
    1-Factory Reset;
    2-Install Rom;
    3-Let the phone boot (if he doesn't boot take of the battery);
    4-Factory reset again;
    5-Install rom again;

This should solve your problems, if not ask me so i can understand your problem.
    Caros amigos,
    a informação que eu vinculei anteriormente, não se verificou, no site miui.com estava um tópico que informava que este equipamento teria suporte oficial, eu na altura não confirmei com a pessoa que faz a ligação com o Miui Portugal e deveria ter feito esta confirmação, pelo que peço desculpas por ter prestado uma informação incorreta, dado a desistência de desenvolvimento do miui.com no GB, este equipamento não terá suporte oficial.
    Cumprimentos

Hi,
    i've seen a topic in miui.com reporting that this equipment would have official support, at the time I have not confirmed with the person making the connection with the Miui Portugal and should have done this confirmation , so I apologize for having provided incorrect information, given the withdrawal of development of miui.com in GB, this equipment will not have official support.
    Best regards

About three months ago there was a message in OP-post:

Where it is? I mean official support.

Since miui.com will stop/has stopped development for MIUI GB, our phone will no longer have official support, unless it becomes officially supported for MIUIv4, which is pretty close to impossible. We do have a bunch of MIUI ports for our phone though, and some of them pretty good ones.
    Update to 1.12.16
    Cumps
    Thanks for your feedback, will ask ffranco about thetering.

No problem and again, gotta emphasize this; what doesn't work for me, may work for the others (and vice versa). Great work anyways, thanks. :)
    I might be saying something wrong but I think all MIUI roms are based on Desire Z release, MIUI-PT, Reta4t & Darksage, and others.
    Then each one compiles its one way but then again all using Stockwells "The Rat" works ;)