Best headset/headphones?

Search This thread
D

dhf9*&Dh884jdk

For either:

a) Quality of sound.
b) Value for money.
c) Features.

HTC accessories official site has these at £30 http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/uk/p_htc_item.aspx?i=251845&phone=251837 Any good?

Check out Head-Fi. They have a lot of information about headphones and some good threads to help you find the right ones for your budget and needs. If you want good quality for the money then avoid anything from a phone manufacture, Beats, or anything you'd find at a department store like Walmart or Target.

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
For either:

a) Quality of sound.
b) Value for money.
c) Features.

HTC accessories official site has these at £30 http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/uk/p_htc_item.aspx?i=251845&phone=251837 Any good?

If you are looking for a seriously top quality IEM (In-ear), go for the SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones, £39.99 from Amazon UK - combine these with Comply Tx-400 tips (amazing memory foam tips which expand to perfectly fit your ear, blocking outside noise and noise cancelling!).

I'm a bit of an audiophile, have some serious headphones including sennheiser ie80 (£250), sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 (£300), Creative Aurvana Live (£200) - all amazing, but they have there place (HD25's for my music studio) etc.

The Soundmagic E30's are seriously AMAZING for the price, and I mean amazing - I've got six pairs of headphones, and the E30's I use every day, brilliant for trains, buses etc.
Combined with the Tx-400 comply tips, you will NOT FIND anything even close to the range and quality delivered - they are, IMHO, close to being my first choice over the ie80's which cost me £200 more!

No mic or control buttons, which is great. Mic's and buttons are s#it and destroy your listening experience.

Trust me, you get these, you will be delighted!

Reactions: Bakuron

Bakuron

Jan 25, 2012
www.worldcommunitygrid.org
Thanks people. @nelvinchi, after cross referencing your suggestion with @Hennevey's on @Ecstacy42's suggested site Head-Fi, I think we have a winner. Where the Jay's look to have the better build quality, the reviews for the actual sound of the E30's were overwhelmingly positive, which suggests remarkable value for money. Only one way to know of course, but I generally trust what I've seen.

Cheers!

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
@Bakuron - if you'd like some tips on audio setup to make your mini sound like a top end piece of kit, pm me - I know sound, and you CAN get your phone to sound like professional kit..... :)

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bgfghtr

Apr 6, 2014
The Beats audio headphones are totally overpriced and the audio quality is far from satisfactory for the money you are paying. They are too bass heavy and lack clear highs.
The ones that come with the HTC One Mini (linked in the first post) are the worst plug headphones I've ever used, I don't know how they manage it but the flat cables they use catches the vibration I generate while walking and brings it to my ear, I can literally hear the cable wiggling if the music isn't loud enough. So the only way you can listen to these is while being perfectly still. This is even marked as a feature for this piece of crap: "Tangle free cables" :mad: They are insanely bass heavy and I had to use an equalizer app to reduce the bass levels. The only good thing about them is that they are comfortable and insulate external sounds very well(so you can hear this maddening cable wiggling sound even better!)
If the device doesn't come with them included don't even consider buying them!

Last edited:

rosi91

Apr 18, 2014
I'm using the beats urbeats from my old sensation xe. they're old enough to not have the "tangle free" cabels. So none of your issues. Sound is still great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    recurrent question

I am going to stick with my Jays one+ with their single remote button for Android devices, because they have good sound, mic, remote and flat, tangle-free cable

Find more on: http://www.jays.se/products
    For either:

a) Quality of sound.
    b) Value for money.
    c) Features.

If you are looking for a seriously top quality IEM (In-ear), go for the SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones, £39.99 from Amazon UK - combine these with Comply Tx-400 tips (amazing memory foam tips which expand to perfectly fit your ear, blocking outside noise and noise cancelling!).

I'm a bit of an audiophile, have some serious headphones including sennheiser ie80 (£250), sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 (£300), Creative Aurvana Live (£200) - all amazing, but they have there place (HD25's for my music studio) etc.

The Soundmagic E30's are seriously AMAZING for the price, and I mean amazing - I've got six pairs of headphones, and the E30's I use every day, brilliant for trains, buses etc.
    Combined with the Tx-400 comply tips, you will NOT FIND anything even close to the range and quality delivered - they are, IMHO, close to being my first choice over the ie80's which cost me £200 more!

No mic or control buttons, which is great. Mic's and buttons are s#it and destroy your listening experience.

Trust me, you get these, you will be delighted!