Error while trying to update to 4.4 (D800)

Search This thread

rohan611

Feb 10, 2011
Hey all. I have a rooted D800 (AT&T variant) with stock recovery and on firmware version D80010q. I am trying to update to the KitKat, but It's giving me an error every time I download and try to update. The error is: Err: 0x1111004. When the phone reboots, it says "This device is suspected in rooting. Software update is not available for rooted device".

I have tried using OTA rootkeeper to temporarily unroot, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there any way for me to get the update without having to flash back to stock?

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
Hey all. I have a rooted D800 (AT&T variant) with stock recovery and on firmware version D80010q. I am trying to update to the KitKat, but It's giving me an error every time I download and try to update. The error is: Err: 0x1111004. When the phone reboots, it says "This device is suspected in rooting. Software update is not available for rooted device".

I have tried using OTA rootkeeper to temporarily unroot, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there any way for me to get the update without having to flash back to stock?

Its due to the custom recovery you have on it..Go back to stock dont root and update...maybe try root keeper to see if that can help

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
as i said in the OP...I tried root keeper to temporarily unroot and it didn't work. I'm going back to stock and going from there.

lol..yeah i read each statement in your OP just wanted to get to that last part of you saying your going back to stock and going from there, because thats your next option....

tkuligowski

Jan 31, 2012
Lincoln
I've read that some people kept root through their OTA. Why are some people able to update and others aren't. I've been reading up on this for the VZW update whenever that happens. I hope I haven't kept all this bloatware on my phone for no reason!!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

rohan611

Feb 10, 2011
Let us know if you went back to stock then did the update and it worked.

I reverted back to stock using the instructions in the Stickied post. I was then able to update to D80010o. I had to call to request a rep to push out the D80010q update again though. They're calling it a "security update" so you should use that phrase when talking to the rep so that they don't get confused and think that you're just requesting that they push out the KitKat update.

Once I got the D80010q update, the KitKat update was available and I was able to update. Unfortunately, I didn't try to root it prior to updating - though to be honest, I don't really feel the need to root anymore. Only reason I had it rooted before was to get the multitasking button, but I'm okay with using an S3 layout (Menu, Home, Back) since that's the phone I'm coming from.

streetsmart999

Nov 9, 2010
New Jersey
I have posted this in Other thread too.. may be this helps (Or save some time)

1.What ever the phone came with (never saw the version)
2. Rooted: Then just froze the apps I don't need (DID NOT DELETE) NO Exposed Or anything fancy. PURE STOCK just at&T bloat froze.
3. Then the Silent update came... I guess it was 10q (few weeks back), It was fine... ROOT remained.
4. Kitkat update came..
5. I de-froze all the apps before the update..
6. Tried to installed KITKAT after download... (After 1 of 2) it says Err: 0x111004
Once booted it said this update is not for rooted device. (or something similar)
7. I thought may be it recognized SuperSU/Super USer so I Uninstalled (Removed complete ROOT through the app) Download again the Kitkat.. Same ERROR And SAME message. I went it Recovery (Button combo) to complete wipe (Noticed RED Rooted below on the screen on Recovery) did the complete wipe and Still No Luck.

8. Go back to Complete stock through flash method as I realized ROOTED written on recovery so no wipe will help that...
9. chat with AT&T asked them to push 10q the silent updated.
10. once it was done I asked her if she can push Kitkat too.. she did.

The only thing was lost all the data in the process.. But I kept my pic's Auto backup through g+ so they are safe.. rest everything I lost which I don't care anyway. (Chat etc)

SO the BOTTOM LINE IS... If you see ROOTED on your stock recovery NO matter what you do... It will not update. If you dont see it.. then your are fine I Guess ("I guess" is the keyword)

Edit:
Also I'm not sure if there are 2 versions of root methods... So if anyone has Root and was able to update to kitkat.. Can you link which Root method you guys used.. Thanks in advance.

ncfastls1

Oct 27, 2010
Cary, NC
1.What ever the phone came with (never saw the version)
2. Rooted: Then just froze the apps I don't need (DID NOT DELETE) NO Exposed Or anything fancy. PURE STOCK just at&T bloat froze.
3. Then the Silent update came... I guess it was 10q (few weeks back), It was fine... ROOT remained.
4. Kitkat update came..
5. I de-froze all the apps before the update..
6. Tried to installed KITKAT after download... (After 1 of 2) it says Err: 0x111004
Once booted it said this update is not for rooted device. (or something similar)
7. I thought may be it recognized SuperSU/Super USer so I Uninstalled (Removed complete ROOT through the app) Download again the Kitkat.. Same ERROR And SAME message. I went it Recovery (Button combo) to complete wipe (Noticed RED Rooted below on the screen on Recovery) did the complete wipe and Still No Luck.

8. Go back to Complete stock through flash method as I realized ROOTED written on recovery so no wipe will help that...
9. chat with AT&T asked them to push 10q the silent updated.
10. once it was done I asked her if she can push Kitkat too.. she did.

The only thing was lost all the data in the process.. But I kept my pic's Auto backup through g+ so they are safe.. rest everything I lost which I don't care anyway. (Chat etc)

SO the BOTTOM LINE IS... If you see ROOTED on your stock recovery NO matter what you do... It will not update. If you dont see it.. then your are fine I Guess ("I guess" is the keyword)

Edit:
Also I'm not sure if there are 2 versions of root methods... So if anyone has Root and was able to update to kitkat.. Can you link which Root method you guys used.. Thanks in advance.
Same thing happened to me. I followed your advice in the other thread and did a reset using the LG flash tool, following rootjunky's guide on youtube and using the files from his website. Everything went smoothly except for at the end I got the same check flag error thing, but it completed the reset perfectly.

I then chatted with ATT and had him push the update to my phone which brought me up to d80010o. It finally went through the update and didn't get me the root error. So I think I'm in the green now. He said that he didn't have an option to push the kit kat update to my phone but it told him to have me do it through the software update in the settings. Which I tried and it said it was up to date. But he said that since they roll out in batches my phone might just not be ready for it yet. I will keep trying though and I'm one step further than I was before. At least it let me update. Shout out to ATT though, chat service is on point.