[Q] How warm does your phone get ?

Search This thread

LoneWolf

Feb 23, 2013
Cali
I live in cali and temperatures are getting pretty hot. While I went out today I was just texting and an app warned me about my batterys temperature it was at 115 Fahrenheit. I think its the otter box that isnt letting my phone breathe. Should I be concerned? What are your temperatures?

Chilidog

Oct 6, 2013
I live in cali and temperatures are getting pretty hot. While I went out today I was just texting and an app warned me about my batterys temperature it was at 115 Fahrenheit. I think its the otter box that isnt letting my phone breathe. Should I be concerned? What are your temperatures?

I also live in California and my phone gets so hot just from doing nothing it's crazy.. I think the case I have is trapping the heat in or something...

Reactions: LoneWolf

ardidito

Jun 1, 2014
I've become somewhat obsessed with the many battery issues. My phone runs just below the threshold ie. ~125F that you don't want to cross for batteries or processors. And that's with just light multitasking. I can't imagine playing games on the One.

It's an aluminum body! Why doesn't it leech heat?

I'm gonna look into a new phone for the summer.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
I am also from California and my phone gets hot from time to time. Case is a big factor on the cooling side. Plastic, rubber, and silicone are good insulators and will keep the heat in. i would recommend removing the case when phone temps get to 115+F

BranC85

May 19, 2014
I live in PA so I have never gotten a warning about the battery temperature reaching that limit, but I have been alarmed sometimes just at how hot the phone feels when I am using it heavily. It's hard to tell with a case on but without it, if I am running backups/restore in recovery or playing games, even in the cooler climate it has given me cause for concern.

LoneWolf

Feb 23, 2013
Cali
I am also from California and my phone gets hot from time to time. Case is a big factor on the cooling side. Plastic, rubber, and silicone are good insulators and will keep the heat in. i would recommend removing the case when phone temps get to 115+F

Thanks for the tip

So everyone experiences high temps so its normal basically Thanks guys :good:

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I keep mine uc all the time and it rarely gets hot. I've never had to mess with the thermal settings. The CPU is so powerful it really doesn't need to be as fast as it is in my opinion. 1.55ghz seems to be right where it should be. No lagging at this speed and the difference in performance is negligible at best.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

LoneWolf

Feb 23, 2013
Cali
I am in AZ and it reached 108 ambient temps so my 115 degree battery is feasible.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

I've become somewhat obsessed with the many battery issues. My phone runs just below the threshold ie. ~125F that you don't want to cross for batteries or processors. And that's with just light multitasking. I can't imagine playing games on the One.

It's an aluminum body! Why doesn't it leech heat?

I'm gonna look into a new phone for the summer.

I live in PA so I have never gotten a warning about the battery temperature reaching that limit, but I have been alarmed sometimes just at how hot the phone feels when I am using it heavily. It's hard to tell with a case on but without it, if I am running backups/restore in recovery or playing games, even in the cooler climate it has given me cause for concern.

I keep mine uc all the time and it rarely gets hot. I've never had to mess with the thermal settings. The CPU is so powerful it really doesn't need to be as fast as it is in my opinion. 1.55ghz seems to be right where it should be. No lagging at this speed and the difference in performance is negligible at best.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Well guys it turns out my phone was going bad idk why if i took excellent care of it :confused:

It wasent the rom or the kernel it was the phone itself

Just got it today although its all updated to the latest. Does anybody know if root is possible ? On latest sense 6

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Well guys it turns out my phone was going bad idk why if i took excellent care of it :confused:

Just got it today although its all updated to the latest. Does anybody know if root is possible ? On latest sense 6

Sadly, not yet, but jcase says he has one ready.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I also live in California and my phone gets so hot just from doing nothing it's crazy.. I think the case I have is trapping the heat in or something...
    I am in AZ and it reached 108 ambient temps so my 115 degree battery is feasible.

Sadly, not yet, but jcase says he has one ready.