[POLL] How has your Gear Live affected your phone's battery life?

How has your Gear Live affected your phone's battery life?

• No affect/not very noticeable

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Some affect, but no biggie

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • A little bit of an effect, noticeable

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Draining my battery like hell!

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

gadgetgaz

Aug 20, 2007
Yorkshire
webandITstudio.com
Draining like hell. Sony Xperia Z1 compact. Phone shut down at 11pm last night for the first time ever. I usually have about 40% left at bedtime and I even had it on charge for an extra hour in the day.

EDIT: I may have been a little premature here. After a phone reset and a day of use the phone battery drain is not as bad as it first was. It's worse than normal but not drastically so.

Last edited:

Maturola

Sep 5, 2012
Atlanta
www.maturola.com
No option for "improved" battery life. In my case since I don't have to pull the phone every 2 minutes it seen to me that it is doing a lot better. unplug at 7:15 this morning and it is currently at 96% (At this time it is usually at 85ish)

Alix8821

Mar 7, 2011
Pretty solid drain over here...

Gym session killed batter on phone. But I was also getting a lot of texts & changing songs, so.... Maybe that's on me. Haha. Oh well. Watch battery life is fine, so NBD

termleech

Nov 12, 2010
McPherson, KS
www.codemonkeyjava.com
I'm paired with an M8 and while I do see a little more drain I would not call it drastic. I actually hadn't even noticed until I saw this thread and actually looked so it's small enough for me it's unnoticeable

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

AMoosa

Sep 24, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I noticed a big reduction, but I suspect it's because I now have Google Now set to on. I'm using it today with Google Now turned off, but the watch still connected etc, and it seems to have gone back to normal battery life.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

kilometers4

Mar 6, 2012
Anyone who has two or more devices connected to the watch, does it drain the battery of the watch faster?

azneon

Jan 6, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Used to get about 7 hours with heavy use on my note 3 before plugging in the external battery, now I get about 5 1/2 hours when the watch is connected.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

lemmon

Nov 21, 2006
I have a Sony Xperia Z ultra and the Android Wear application on my phone is killing my phone´s battery

I have installed Gsam battery monitor and the application was in use by the system for almost 3 hours and a half of 5 hours I was running the phone without charging...

What I have done is to "force stop" feature in the android system menu and since then, battery is normal and I am still receiving notifications from my phone to the watch

I suspect that the android wear application has some important bugs related to battery draining issues in some cell phone models like Sony

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com
Killing the battery on my One Plus. I don't know if I have too many apps going on my watch or what, but this watch is slaughtering my battery life. The One Plus has a decent size battery and great battery life pre Gear Live.

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Bluetooth is bluetooth, if you have the latest version of bluetooth sure the bluetooth uses a bit of the battery but having the phone talk to your watch, bluetooth headset or car makes no difference.

The watch no sooner affect your battery life than any other bluetooth device will.

I never turn bluetooth off, hop in car the phone pairs with the car, go for a jog pairs with the headphones.

LG G3 855 version. Not only does it affect my battery, it also affects the phone. I get constant redraws on both LG home launcher and Nova launcher when the watch is connected.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Bluetooth is bluetooth, if you have the latest version of bluetooth sure the bluetooth uses a bit of the battery but having the phone talk to your watch, bluetooth headset or car makes no difference.

The watch no sooner affect your battery life than any other bluetooth device will.

I never turn bluetooth off, hop in car the phone pairs with the car, go for a jog pairs with the headphones.

You're totally right about Bluetooth especially with LE 4.0 or 4.1. I think that it the gear live case Google Now is the source of the drain not Bluetooth itself. It's totally pinging back and forth. Google services uses more battery than my screen sometimes and don't get me started on the wake locks. I never had that problem with the s4 or s5 and my other gear watches.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium HD app