[MOD] Stock Launcher | Square Folders | V1

Search This thread

Evostance

Nov 27, 2008
www.greghesp.com
I wasn't really too happy with the Android folders. Didn't really think they fit in with the stock ICS Launcher so I made them square :D

This has only been tested on my device running ARHD 1.3.0 so let me know how it goes.

Make sure you take a NANDROID backup before doing anything!

I am not responsible for any issues you may encounter while or, from installing this apk

preview.png

download-1.png

instructions.png

TAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
1) Download Launcher2.apk
2) Open up CMD/Terminal and use ADB to do the following commands
3) adb pull /system/app/Launcher2.apk C:\nexusbackup\
4) adb remount
5) adb shell stop
6) adb push <Launcher2.apk location> /system/app
7) adb shell start

credits.png

djmcnz

All comments and feedback welcome

Attachments

• Screenshot_2011-12-11-20-08-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2011-12-11-20-08-40.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 9,087
Last edited:

King Shady

Sep 6, 2010
looks good, I'll use it when I get my Nexus on Christmas Day :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

TheShoura

Jun 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Any way to make a pop-up eque menu that opens a list on the screen... instead of a huge folder consuming the whole screen

mklass

Apr 3, 2010
What about a completly translucent folder icon and border so.it looks like maybe just a stack of icons

XLR

Feb 7, 2010
Basel
XLR.name
It's not about why, it's about why NOT! :D

If you create a translucent background version with a (~0.8 opacity) border I will use it for sure!
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Evostance

Nov 27, 2008
www.greghesp.com
Any way to make a pop-up eque menu that opens a list on the screen... instead of a huge folder consuming the whole screen

I'll have a look into it but I can't guarantee anything

What about a completly translucent folder icon and border so.it looks like maybe just a stack of icons

If you create a translucent background version with a (~0.8 opacity) border I will use it for sure!
Keep up the good work!

Yep, easy enough to do. I will get some more versions made. Might not be able to do it tonight but i'll see what I can do

Reactions: mklass

Droidlovinyogi

Oct 12, 2010
I really like the look of this. I’m picking up my Verizon LTE Nexus in a few hours later this morning. Do you plan on doing a version of this for the LTE Nexus?

Evostance

Nov 27, 2008
www.greghesp.com
I really like the look of this. I’m picking up my Verizon LTE Nexus in a few hours later this morning. Do you plan on doing a version of this for the LTE Nexus?

If someone can send me the Launcher from the LTE version, then yeah I can do it. It might even me the same Launcher

Will this work on first android version l0l.....

But only for ICS right?

Only for ICS as only ICS has folders

destinydmm

Jul 11, 2008
Orlando, FL
Any update on the LTE version? I should have mine by tomorrow and will try and send the launcher to you (@Evostance) tomorrow afternoon worst case Sat.

Evostance

Nov 27, 2008
www.greghesp.com
Any update on the LTE version? I should have mine by tomorrow and will try and send the launcher to you (@Evostance) tomorrow afternoon worst case Sat.

Haven't got the Launcher, however I expect it would be the same.

Best thing I could advise would be to root it, make a nandroid backup should all go wrong.

Do this mod and if it fails, just restore from a backup

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wasn't really too happy with the Android folders. Didn't really think they fit in with the stock ICS Launcher so I made them square :D

This has only been tested on my device running ARHD 1.3.0 so let me know how it goes.

Make sure you take a NANDROID backup before doing anything!

I am not responsible for any issues you may encounter while or, from installing this apk

preview.png

download-1.png

instructions.png

TAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
    1) Download Launcher2.apk
    2) Open up CMD/Terminal and use ADB to do the following commands
    3) adb pull /system/app/Launcher2.apk C:\nexusbackup\
    4) adb remount
    5) adb shell stop
    6) adb push <Launcher2.apk location> /system/app
    7) adb shell start

credits.png

djmcnz

All comments and feedback welcome

I'll have a look into it but I can't guarantee anything

Keep up the good work!

Yep, easy enough to do. I will get some more versions made. Might not be able to do it tonight but i'll see what I can do