Droid 2 Global unlock code

Search This thread

hell.cu

Sep 11, 2008
the same code was returned... that guy in ebay is a common and regular unlocker with access to NORMAL DB!!!

The code doesn't work!!! I feel frustrated!!!

erfannf2

Jan 2, 2011
As it have been told before, BAD ESN phones won't unlock with these codes. Verizon changes codes for this type of phones and we should use Turbo SIM!!!

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
As it have been told before, BAD ESN phones won't unlock with these codes. Verizon changes codes for this type of phones and we should use Turbo SIM!!!
This is clearly wrong.

Whether the phone is blacklisted by Verizon or not does not affect the SIM lock codes. Many “bad ESN”-tagged phones were successfully unlocked with codes purchased from online sellers.

hell.cu

Sep 11, 2008
This is clearly wrong.

Whether the phone is blacklisted by Verizon or not does not affect the SIM lock codes. Many “bad ESN”-tagged phones were successfully unlocked with codes purchased from online sellers.
@Gasi Yuno..

So, what is the reason why some of them can be unlocked and some of them can not!!!

BR

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
Some of them had their codes altered, that's all. VZW cannot magically alter the unlock code on a phone that doesn't have internet access. Now, if you bought the D2G and instead of unlocking it first decided to set up WiFi, you obviously can get those codes changed accidentally if it's really done OTA.

I somehow doubt it, though, and I think the codes are just wrong. I.e. the phone had some other code flashed into it at the factory, not the one that is in the database.

There's no reliable way to confirm that VZW changes the codes OTA, is there?

erfannf2

Jan 2, 2011
This is clearly wrong.

A Motorola staff said that to me. And I think it is true. It relates to the state of the phone and the reason of BAD ESN. I think it might be changed when a phone is lost or stolen but would not change if it has unpaid bills. Only a guess.

Some of them had their codes altered, that's all. VZW cannot magically alter the unlock code on a phone that doesn't have internet access. Now, if you bought the D2G and instead of unlocking it first decided to set up WiFi, you obviously can get those codes changed accidentally if it's really done OTA.

I somehow doubt it, though, and I think the codes are just wrong. I.e. the phone had some other code flashed into it at the factory, not the one that is in the database.

There's no reliable way to confirm that VZW changes the codes OTA, is there?

Why not? There is no need to change the code inside the phone. It simply needs to change the code in VZW database WHEN IT MARKED AS BAD ESN. And when you purchase a unlock code, every body retrieves the changed code not actual one. Could it be like that????

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
The code sellers do not use VZW's actual database. They use leaked ones. That's #1.

#2, bad ESN means the ESN (MEID) which is the CDMA ID of the phone (like IMEI for GSM) is blacklisted in VZW's database and cannot be activated within their network.

Please do tell me how exactly can you change the code in a phone that is lying down in a box in, say, Poland with no WiFi set up and no CDMA networks around.

hell.cu

Sep 11, 2008
common unlockers only have access to Motorola DB.. they have no access to Verizon Database.. So.. Verizon change the codes!!!!!

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

i mean change the codes when the phone is given by Motorola. I actually doubt that the can change the codes OTA... It seems impossible!!!

erfannf2

Jan 2, 2011
The code sellers do not use VZW's actual database. They use leaked ones. That's #1.

#2, bad ESN means the ESN (MEID) which is the CDMA ID of the phone (like IMEI for GSM) is blacklisted in VZW's database and cannot be activated within their network.

Please do tell me how exactly can you change the code in a phone that is lying down in a box in, say, Poland with no WiFi set up and no CDMA networks around.

I'm not insisting on that VZW changes codes in the phone. I said they might change codes in their DB. Consider this condition:

A phone is marked BAD ESN and not turned on on the network and somebody tries to UNLOCK it. And it will be successful. As I experienced with a BAD ESN one.

A phone is marked BAD ESN and accidentally turns on and tries to access VZW network (say on CDMA via USSD codes or WiFi) and a code is being sent to it to change UNLOCK CODE via a bootloader or ROM command. (There are many unlock methods for unlocking SAMSUNG devices via ROM). Furthermore, A Motorola staff told me VZW might change BAD ESN phones codes OTA! I experienced this condition too. And hope using Turbo SIM helps.

common unlockers only have access to Motorola DB.. they have no access to Verizon Database.. So.. Verizon change the codes!!!!!

Yes. I've contacted 3 different code providers and they said that they are using Motorola DBs. Say Motorola DBs and VZW initial DBs.

hell.cu

Sep 11, 2008
I can tell you as a fact that some companies don't allow Motorola to give their code for a fee... For example YOU wont find any correct code for any MOTOROLA phone from At&T or T-Mobile in Motorola`s DB. I believe they have some kind of agreement.

I believe that some phones (the old ones) use the Normal Motorola codes, and some of them (like mine) have different codes...

Behind the Battery their is a manufacturing year...

JunglistTrue

Mar 14, 2012
Droid 2 unlock

Hi all,i have bought Droid 2 global from ebay. First of all i bought 2 unlock codes from ebay and none of them working,i enterted this codes more than 10 times and after that my phone says me "contact the operator". Now my sellers call to VZ and get the true unlock code,but when im taped it,droid says that this code is fake(unssecseful)! My phone now is hard locked or what? Can someone help me?

Kioba

Apr 13, 2012
Santo Domingo
portasb declare

This is clearly wrong.

+1

Verizon changes codes regardless the phone is BAD ESN or not.

I have talk to VzW and they gimme the same codes that unlockers on ebay.

The question is... is there any DB for those new codes? or VzW changes codes ramdom and those phone will never unlock?

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Hi all,i have bought Droid 2 global from ebay. First of all i bought 2 unlock codes from ebay and none of them working,i enterted this codes more than 10 times and after that my phone says me "contact the operator". Now my sellers call to VZ and get the true unlock code,but when im taped it,droid says that this code is fake(unssecseful)! My phone now is hard locked or what? Can someone help me?

When it says contact administrator, you just have to hard reset the phone or factory reset, that option you can find on Privacy. After that it try put the codes again.

zukko

Aug 22, 2007
hi everyone.
can someone call VZ for me ?
because i'm living abroad and cannot call VZ.
i have already tried codes from ebay and sim-unlock.com ...
but none of them worked for me.

waiting for your help.

1of16

Jan 20, 2009
hi everyone.
can someone call VZ for me ?
because i'm living abroad and cannot call VZ.
i have already tried codes from ebay and sim-unlock.com ...
but none of them worked for me.

waiting for your help.

got the same problem....is that illegal to ask here or would someone call VZ for me too? :) I would buy you a box of beer ofc ;)

1of16

Jan 20, 2009
its _was_ active with verizon...and i do have an verizon sim card...but I wont work here in germany?!?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably, it only works for those phone that haven't been blocked by VZ.

This method works for all D2G phones. I successfully unlock D2G phone that can't be unlocked by code from Verizon support.
    I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.
    Yeah, im guessing the code MAY or may NOT work IF you're in the US ( as it can reach verizons network). Otherwise it just seems like theres no way it would work. Mine would come up with a "network unlock unsuccessful" as soon as i entered the code, like seriously, right away.

Also, lol @ "social hacking"
    xD
    I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.

When I unlock mine, I was outside US, outside of VZW network reach. But I guess mine was one of the not specially locked ones. They say the first batch wasn't tampered with (I got mine in the week of release, as soon as it was available at retail VZW stores)
    Not really .. u can try eBay and record the process (make sure u show the imei and the unlock code CLEARLY) , and they will refund u if u weren't from the lucky ones who can get it unlocked without Verizon .. (i tried it)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium