HTC Inspire 4G Not booting up after installing new ROMs

Search This thread

mindys

Oct 15, 2011
Hello guys,

I have posted about this issue before maybe six or more months ago, but it was not sorted out. So basically my problem is that I am running LeeDroid 3.3.3 on my phone. I have been using this ROM since the first time I rooted my phone. The problem is that I want to change this ROM, but my phone will not run any other ROM at. Any ROM that I install my phone hangs on the white HTC logo screen and does not go anywhere from there. I have had a few instances where my phone would load up a new ROM that I try to use, but it would eventually freeze and when I would restart the phone, it would never get past the white HTC screen. My phone does seem to load up Cyanogen Mod successfully most of the time, but I do not like that ROM. I have tried to re-root my phone, use a different SD card, format my SD card and used both CWR and 4ext recovery to try to install different ROMs. Nothing but the original stock ROM, LeeDroid 3.3.3 and Cyanogen Mod load up and I hope that someone might have dealt with a similar issue over this time that has passed. Thanks for reading and hope you can help!

Mindaugas

mindys

Oct 15, 2011
Yes. I don't use superwipe thought. I just wipe everything with 4ext Recovery. I used to use superwipe, but it did not help.

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Yes. I don't use superwipe thought. I just wipe everything with 4ext Recovery. I used to use superwipe, but it did not help.

Make sure that your phone does not have a hardware issue. There's no reason for a custom rom to work and other not if you are S-OFF. Make sure that the roms are for your phone and not for a different device, that might explain that.

mindys

Oct 15, 2011
Make sure that your phone does not have a hardware issue. There's no reason for a custom rom to work and other not if you are S-OFF. Make sure that the roms are for your phone and not for a different device, that might explain that.

Yes, my phone is S-OFF as it says in bootloader and every ROM I try comes from the Inspire 4G Developer section in this forum. I am left to believe that this really is a hardware issue, but how can my phone be the only one? I have never heard anyone else have a similar issue. And it is also weird that LeeDroid 3.3.3 works no problem.

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
Yes, my phone is S-OFF as it says in bootloader and every ROM I try comes from the Inspire 4G Developer section in this forum. I am left to believe that this really is a hardware issue, but how can my phone be the only one? I have never heard anyone else have a similar issue. And it is also weird that LeeDroid 3.3.3 works no problem.

Some roms seem to take control of phone. I had and issue with a custom rom don't recall which one is was but it would not let flash any other rom I had to use the rooted att pd98 zip to back to rooted stock then installed a custom rom with no issues after that. Never used that rom again. Might be the issue your having.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

mindys

Oct 15, 2011
Some roms seem to take control of phone. I had and issue with a custom rom don't recall which one is was but it would not let flash any other rom I had to use the rooted att pd98 zip to back to rooted stock then installed a custom rom with no issues after that. Never used that rom again. Might be the issue your having.

Well I unrooted my phone using the ACE hack kit a few times and then rooted it again and tried to put on a different ROM each time but my phone still does not load the ROM. My phone loads up the backup LeeDroid no problem though. So I was wondering if something from LeeDroid changed my phone that it does not accept any other custom ROMs. I wonder also if I unrooted the phone with a new pd98 zip from a phone that didnt have LeeDroid on would possibly help?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
Well I unrooted my phone using the ACE hack kit a few times and then rooted it again and tried to put on a different ROM each time but my phone still does not load the ROM. My phone loads up the backup LeeDroid no problem though. So I was wondering if something from LeeDroid changed my phone that it does not accept any other custom ROMs. I wonder also if I unrooted the phone with a new pd98 zip from a phone that didnt have LeeDroid on would possibly help?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

No you need the rooted att pd98 zip. You are already rooted no need to mess with the ace hack kit. Power up with volume down and power button into hboot you should see s-off meaning its rooted just reboot and download zip then just place in root of SD card power off then power up to hboot with volume down and power button it will recognize zip volume up for yes to install let it do its thing then your back to rooted stock att gingerbread rom and radio. Then install whichever custom rom you want just follow their installation instructions on their page.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/zV2GZmB

Do not rename it just place it in root of sd card
Do not use this if you are still s-on

Last edited:

mindys

Oct 15, 2011
No you need the rooted att pd98 zip. You are already rooted no need to mess with the ace hack kit. Power up with volume down and power button into hboot you should see s-off meaning its rooted just reboot and download zip then just place in root of SD card power off then power up to hboot with volume down and power button it will recognize zip volume up for yes to install let it do its thing then your back to rooted stock att gingerbread rom and radio. Then install whichever custom rom you want just follow their installation instructions on their page.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/zV2GZmB

Do not rename it just place it in root of sd card
Do not use this if you are still s-on

Sadly, the link you gave me will not allow me to download the pd98 zip. By any chance do you know where else I could get it?

Top Liked Posts