Screen of my HD2 broken [PHOTO] any tutorial (or videotutorial) to change it?

Search This thread

okidok

Jan 29, 2010
Hi everybody,I"ve just managed to change my HD2"s LCD+Digitizer but i"m stuck with the volume button.I just can"t make it stand there until I close the back case.Any idea from someone who made this?
Thank you in advance!

Probably to late but... Place the volume button on the housing and use some ordinary scoth tape on the outside of the housing to keep the volume button into place, then close the case. I had the same problem and that did the trick

amanyasin

Jun 6, 2010
How to join LCD with digitizer??

As LCD of my HTC HD2 was broken so, i bought only LCD but i dont understand
- how i can stuck LCD and digitizer with each other?
- when i separate old LCD from digitizer i think there was something like liquid between them, but now new LCD has not any liquid on it and also previous one also i need to clean it.

Thanks in advance.

Emschertal

Mar 16, 2010
I think I would never try to change the screen on my own...
I also have display issues, but I don't want to do it on my own...

Dakargr

Jun 24, 2011
Edessa
Well...... the steps are really easy...all ya need is a steady hand and patience!!!
If the Touch Screen is broken then the LDS is DOOMED as well....cause lets say glued with an 3M VHB TAPE (its a double side Very Very..strong tape) HD2 it has the same setup as the Iphone... LCD and Touch - One thing (Damm)

So lets get started with the Toolz you will be needed..

One T4 Type SCREWDRIVER.

One Swiss Army knife ( the simplies out there! not the one that makes coffe)! or one small knife with pointed edge!

The 3M tape as i said above.

Oneone nose pliers (dont laugh its a great tool! haha)

And of course a room with no kids or your wife in it...cause you are gonna break more your HD2 :)

And here we go!!!!

First you remove the 4 screws from the back...Then you take the knife and from the side of the housing and take out the Touch.. dont be sensitive with it ..its broken anyway... cause its glued with the LCD! So when you remove them both you take the new LCD very very carefully and place it into the housing..(you can practice with the broken one on the housing to see how it is fitting in..! ) and now its the big part...you will have to do some ART with the 3M tape and your Touch...slowly slowly place the 3M tape around of the Touch (you will have to cut it with the knife to fit right!) then when you have finished with it..make sure you clean all the surface of both LCD and Touch from your fingerprints! then you remove the uperside of the tape with the nose pliers and place it gently on the housing! WARNING! dont push it hard you will break the LCD !!! AND NEVER PLACE ANY KIND OF GLUE IN THE DEVICE!!!

Thats all! I hope i helped a little...i am open to any questions i can help ..thanks ;)

mustang_3kgt

Feb 10, 2009
El Paso, TX
Where did you buy the screen + digitizer? I have a T Mobile HD2 with both broken and I'm looking to fix it. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

Shadow Samurai

Nov 24, 2010
pensacola, FL
OnePlus 7T
iQOO 9
I was replacing the screen and digitizer on my tmobile hd2 and I accidently broke off the white plastic that holds the lcd/digi ribbon cable to the motherboard...is there any possible way to get the cable to stay down and in place!!

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Shadow Samurai

Nov 24, 2010
pensacola, FL
OnePlus 7T
iQOO 9
I was replacing the screen and digitizer on my tmobile hd2 and I accidently broke off the white plastic that holds the lcd/digi ribbon cable to the motherboard...is there any possible way to get the cable to stay down and in place!!

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

bilaba70

Aug 11, 2010
Hey, the USB port of my HD2 broke off and I was forced to replace the motherboard. When I assembled the HD2 again, I could immediately see that there was something wrong with my screen. The screen couldn't display full color (only bright red/orange/white/dark green/cyan accents). Also, the 'hang-up button isn't responding anymore after I replaced the motherboard (and flexcable).

What happened? Is there something wrong with the lcd display or did something go wrong when I (dis)assembled the phone? I took the motherboard and the flexcable from another HD2 that had a broken display.

Thanks in advance.

lavagirl

Apr 28, 2010
welcomes myself to the club of broken screens.

Folks, I have a TMOUS HTC HD2, any links to where I could buy the LCD+Digitizer?

- I have been googling for many hours and could not find any TMOUS USA parts
- Ebay is returning few searches but none of them have TMOBILE lable on the screen...

I really appreciate if anyone can point me to one, thanks a bunch in advance.

archat68

Jul 30, 2008
I replaced the digitizer myself but having some alignment problem. I will have to reopen the phone and remove the digitizer and fix it again.

Also can anybody post a picture where to fix the double sided tapes to fix the LCD module and chassis.

farcry27

Oct 8, 2010
Hi guys:

I have a European version, wondering if the US TMobile Replacement Touch screen will fit?

Apart from the slight difference in case size, apparently the screen connections might be different.

songokussm

Apr 13, 2010
how necessary is it to order the lcd as well?

a digitizer is 20 bucks. an lcd+digitizer is 60 with a 2 week wait. or 70 with a week wait.

thank you :)

PS my screen isn't cracked at all. just the digitizer stops working whenever the screen is shutoff. A hard end button press works, but it will eventually die. Through reading this thread it looks like a replacement is the only fix.

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
how necessary is it to order the lcd as well?

a digitizer is 20 bucks. an lcd+digitizer is 60 with a 2 week wait. or 70 with a week wait.

thank you :)

PS my screen isn't cracked at all. just the digitizer stops working whenever the screen is shutoff. A hard end button press works, but it will eventually die. Through reading this thread it looks like a replacement is the only fix.
All down to your ability, best option is start strip first & upgrade if if required.
Also depends on current screen type too, if on older soldered 295 type then an upgrade to 300type full assembly is a good move.
Just digitizer is cheap but if fitted badly next to useless repair.
Bonding of digi must be dust proof, correct hight & alignment & strong, 3m tape alone really ain't up for the job long term ...

perseus68

Mar 11, 2007
Hi:

This is my new HD2 :eek::eek:

Thanks

Hi Nuki

I perfectly understand how you felt because I just broke off the screen (digitizer only) of mt T-Mobile HD2 :(

I wrote to those guys http://www.undercutter.co.uk/HTC-screen-repair, as suggested by another forum member and it looks like they can repair it, even if it's the USA T-Mobile version of the phone.
Anybody already tried with undercutter in the U.K. ?

Thanks
Marco

dany121

Aug 1, 2012
Question

I have a simple question. I need to change the lcd+digitizer but I'm worried about something after the replacament. After you disasamble and reasamble the device the Sms,Files and other documents that I have on the phone's memory will be still on? The dissasambleling will not effect on something like factory reset and delete all my files, smses,contacts?

sorry for my bad english.

sellparts

Jul 25, 2012
may be this can help you

HTC Touch HD2 Touch Screen with Digitizer
HTC Touch HD2 LCD Screen with Digitizer
HTC Touch HD2 LCD Screen with Digitizer

you can buy it at dealrepairs.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ouch sorry to hear about this. I read somewhere about it is better to get a kit with the LCD and digitizer together. Some people seemed not to have luck trying to separate and replace and put back together. Just what I read, I have no idea.

Good luck and hope you get it going soon.
    Can't way to see the pics!
    And any advises, if there is anything to say, would be great!

dropped my phone from 50cm today, I love my HD2 but this smells like a fault in design, am I wrong?:(

Get the Digitizer with the LCD attached with it. It will save a lot more money than the labor it would to remove and replace the digitizer but itself. I've done it to 3 HD2s and from my experience its the best way to do it right.
    can anyone point me to a trustworthy ebay item please?

Edit: sorry for the way too large pic in this topic :eek:

Do you have the US version or the world version phone?
    international, thanks

For instance item number: 160484272444 on eBay would work. You might try to find some one selling on eBay close to your country. If they have good feedback, then it should be legitimate.