[Q] Rooting will void warranty? Unroot will recover warranty?

Search This thread

anttan

Mar 5, 2011
Dear all,

I an a new user which like to root and flash custom OS into my S2.

I just worry about the rooting will void my warranty? If I unroot in the future, will recover my warranty?

Hope you all give me some advice. Thanks

skodazek

Oct 15, 2008
Calgary
Yes,

If you completely restore the stock ROM and unroot the device your warranty will remain intact.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions or if you require advice.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda premium

Reactions: depakjan

ivkos

Jan 16, 2012
Usually, rooting or flashing custom ROMs voids your warranty. In order to recover your warranty, you should wipe your data (be careful with that if you're running a dangerous 4.0.4 kernel!) and then flash the official Samsung ROM for your country using Odin. In addition, you should reset your custom flash counter with a jig or TriangleAway (note that TriangleAways requires root; you can run it on your rooted ROM before flashing the official Samsung one).

GhiGo65

Sep 30, 2012
and if after that your serial number (not imei) is unknown you had to flash new bootloader and it will show

Reactions: 625801

anttan

Mar 5, 2011
Tutorial?

Dear all,

My god. It seems so complicated. Hmm.....
Any tutorial for me to follow?

I am a newbie for this. Sorry to trouble you all.

Thanks.

bendirkss

Dec 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Un rooting doesn't bring your warranty back. It just fools the techs so they don't know your warranty was ever voided

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: abhishekpandey

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You look at about phone in settings & see if you have a serial number. But having one in there or not doesn't affect anything/isn't relevant anyway.

Edit - And...If you have a 'non-sim card tablet', you should be posting in the correct forum for your device.

Edge383

Jan 19, 2014
Unroot

so if i JUST Root my phone only root, no custom roms or activating recovery, will i get my warranty back when i unroot my phone?

i have a sony xperia z2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes,

If you completely restore the stock ROM and unroot the device your warranty will remain intact.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions or if you require advice.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda premium
    and if after that your serial number (not imei) is unknown you had to flash new bootloader and it will show
    Un rooting doesn't bring your warranty back. It just fools the techs so they don't know your warranty was ever voided

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Well, that is pretty much bringing the warranty back...