[Q] How to transfer settings?

Search This thread

ItsMeOk

Oct 11, 2013
On non-rooted only! Not interested in rooting.

Is there anything (samsung, carrier, google play app) that can move all the settings from an identical phone to another.
Must be like 400 settings I changed :) and then it seems like every app needs to be tweaked and have the account info put in again.
I mean yeah, photos, contacts, apps all come back down but ...WOW still a lot left to do, I spent hours doing it manually.

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
On non-rooted only! Not interested in rooting.

Is there anything (samsung, carrier, google play app) that can move all the settings from an identical phone to another.
Must be like 400 settings I changed :) and then it seems like every app needs to be tweaked and have the account info put in again.
I mean yeah, photos, contacts, apps all come back down but ...WOW still a lot left to do, I spent hours doing it manually.

you could try mybackup pro

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
My backup pro don't work without root. Without root you can only backup apps, but no data and setting from the app.

Only HELIUM works without root!

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

ItsMeOk

Oct 11, 2013
Thanks

From the play verbiage it look like "MyBackup and MyBackup Pro will work on all Android mobile devices, regardless if they have root access or not."
I will try it.

I tried Helium and seems to work but seems it is only app settings and data - no system settings. Although, I haven't tried a restore yet so who knows if it really works but it backed up.

ItsMeOk

Oct 11, 2013
Thanks

From the play verbiage it look like "MyBackup and MyBackup Pro will work on all Android mobile devices, regardless if they have root access or not."
I will try it.

I tried Helium and seems to work but seems it is only app settings and data - no system settings. Although, I haven't tried a restore yet so who knows if it really works but it backed up.

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
Of course will work MyBackup on all devices, but the App - Data Backup need root.

Maybe you should use booth :)

Helium is good for Backup Apps including App-Data

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

ItsMeOk

Oct 11, 2013
Both is the conclusion I came to.
My Backup for system settings
Helium for app settings.

But unless someone knows for sure I wont find out if that is a successful strategy till I am forced to. :(