[Q] HTC One X - Can't Install RUU

Search This thread

boomhaueruk

Dec 10, 2013
Hi,

I've managed to mess up my HTC One X quite badly.
From poking around with fastboot I've got the following information from it;

PJ4610000
Main Version 1.26.401.2
Cid - none
Radio 1.1204.90.13

I know how I messed it up. I'd not realised you couldn't install Jellybeam roms onto 0.43.000. One Cyanogenmod (cm-10.2.0-endeavoru) later and bingo, bootloop.
Didn't help that I had less than 30% battery life.

Anyway, I've now used a script to get the battery life up - but I haven't been able to run any RUU's on this - I downloaded two;
RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_O2_UK_1.26.206.2_Radio_1.1204.90.13_release_251230_signed
and
RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_S_Vodafone_UK_2.17.161.4_Radio_2.1204.137D1.21_release_280390_signed

I'm thinking now that I cant do these either because I'm on 0.43.000 or because I need generic.

Ideally I want it to be latest Android and generic stock. It's for my wife, so she doesn't need superuser - but I'd like it so If I can get there too, great.

i've read through the main sticky's, but can't work out what the steps are I should be taking to get it out of the bootloop it's in and onto stock

What do I download? Do I need to do this;
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1660807

Or this;
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069904
whilst I do it?

Help much appreciated, as I seem to be stuck at this stage.

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Download a 1.26.401 Ruu or a 1.29.401 Ruu. You are trying to install the wrong ruu because the main number is different !

My advice :

Download the 1.29.401 ruu and relock the bootloader, put the phone in fastboot usb mode. Then install the ruu with admin rights and let it install. Reboot the phone and go to settings-about-software updates and check for ota....if they are there install all of them you can get !

If there are no ota's available you look for the 2.17.401 ruu and install that the same way as the 1.29 and then do the ota........still no ota, download the 3.14.401 ruu and install that too. After that you can install any rom out here.

Last edited:

boomhaueruk

Dec 10, 2013
Download a 1.26.401 Ruu or a 1.29.401 Ruu. You are trying to install the wrong ruu because the main number is different !

My advice :

Download the 1.29.401 ruu and relock the bootloader, put the phone in fastboot usb mode. Then install the ruu with admin rights and let it install. Reboot the phone and go to settings-about-software updates and check for ota....if they are there install all of them you can get !

If there are no ota's available you look for the 2.17.401 ruu and install that the same way as the 1.29 and then do the ota........still no ota, download the 3.14.401 ruu and install that too. After that you can install any rom out here.

Right so;

1 - Download a 1.29.401 Ruu.
Ok, so like -
RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.29.401.12_Radio _2.1204.127.19_release_271851_signed.exe?

Having real problems finding a rom download, these all seem to be on bugsylawson.com which my ISP blocks, or Hotfile which is down, but I'll look into that.
So I run that, with the device in Fastboot and enough battery life, which I use my batch script for?

2. Then 'relock the bootloader'. Is that running fastboot oem lock, when in fastboot, using the .exe in the folder and a command line?
Any special to do 'admin rights'? Or is that my local Windows account you mean?

I'm a bit worried about running OTA as apparently, some of these RUU's for the One X the OTA updates don't work - 401.6, I think?
Not sure if this affects the one I suggested?

3. Then run another RUU to upgrade if OTA doesn't work?

Is that about right (and thanks for the help, obviously!)

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
1 correct, try this thread for download links

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2094113

2: fastboot command is correct, leave the phone in the bootloader and start the ruu.exe from the pc, right click the file and select run as administrator

Ota should be there unless HTC/carrier has took them from the server, hence the advise that if it doesn't work to install a higher ruu after you tried.

3: correct

boomhaueruk

Dec 10, 2013
1 correct, try this thread for download links

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2094113

2: fastboot command is correct, leave the phone in the bootloader and start the ruu.exe from the pc, right click the file and select run as administrator

Ota should be there unless HTC/carrier has took them from the server, hence the advise that if it doesn't work to install a higher ruu after you tried.

3: correct

No joy with that site, I get;

This website has been reported as unsafe
www.androidruu.com

Then if I proceed;

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/ruu/public_html/admin/dbconnect.php on line 11
Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)" when I try to download any RUU.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
See

Attachments

• 1386677665403.jpg
    1386677665403.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 65

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Maybe Google the whole ruu name, there a couple of them on hotfile hosting.

I was planning to put a small selection to nu dev host. Nut thats of no use now. Not earlier than tonight

Last edited:

virgolib

Dec 15, 2012
Yangon
Actually I don't know the programing language, it may be PC or network security something like that.
We can do download at this site no problem.

boomhaueruk

Dec 10, 2013
Maybe Google the whole ruu name, there a couple of them on hotfile hosting.

I was planning to put a small selection to nu dev host. Nut thats of no use now. Not earlier than tonight

The site works to the page you showed, I got that SQL issue from any rom link.

But luckily I've found RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.29.401.12_Radio_2.1204.127.19_release_271851_signed
elsewhere.

Running it now and it failed.

So now I'm showing;

Radio as 2.1204.127.19
And bootloader as 0.43.

Oh no, hang on, I've not locked the bootlader, maybe that's why. I'll try again.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Hmm that's weird. Rerun the ruu. And in OS try to update

Ow or look for the 2.17.401 ruu and install that also !

And do not unlock it until you are updated high enough ! You need at least a hboot of 1.36/1.39 which is common in 401 software numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: boomhaueruk

boomhaueruk

Dec 10, 2013

And do not unlock it until you are updated high enough ! You need at least a hboot of 1.36/1.39 which is common in 401 software numbers.

Been locked out of my wireless for the moment, but am downloading RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.17.401.2_Radio_2.1204.135.20_release_274900_signed.exe

at the moment.

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
That's good :thumbup:

http://www.androidruu.com/ Reported for problem with MSQL: Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/ruu/public_html/admin/dbconnect.php on line 11
Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

and fixed now;)

Reactions: Mr Hofs

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Awesome thant, although the 2.17.401 ruu there is messed up. It's only 80 Mb and that's way to little !

boomhaueruk

Dec 10, 2013
OK, got it up to the latest official version and the screen was broken, so had that replaced.

Now need to get Cyanogenmod on it.

First thing - relocking, right?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
First thing is reading and understand the things you need to do. If you start by saying to relock it we are off for a bad start !

Read the stickies and guides first on what you need to do before messing around !

Reactions: boomhaueruk

boomhaueruk

Dec 10, 2013
First thing is reading and understand the things you need to do. If you start by saying to relock it we are off for a bad start !

Read the stickies and guides first on what you need to do before messing around !

Sorry, didn't mean to cause concern - I meant, now my screen is repaired and I'd got a stock rom onto it- then upgraded the stock rom several times, the first thing I needed to do was unlock the bootloader again.
I went off, read up on rooting again and followed several guides. Rooted, unlocked bootloader and I've got it to the stage now where we're on a decent level of bootloader, Cyanogenmod 10.2 (stable) is running and the phone works.
So thank you very much for that.

Only issue I have now is the battery life has nose dived. It's barely doing 12 hours.
Screen seems to be mostly responsible according to the stats, 52%.

Might just try replacing the Kernel before I go stomping back to Fonedoctors about the replacement screen.

I've made so many changes to os, bootloader etc during this process I may well have missed a step with wiping the caches or similar.

I made a full backup of the stock os before I went to Cyanogenmod, so I can drop back to that now to check it's not the os if I need.

Any thoughts on a good Kernel? Or advice on how to most easily change kernel with minmal risk? I really don't want to dabble anymore, so it's tempting to go back to stock 4.2.2 and just strip out sense 5 - which I disliked.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's good :thumbup:

http://www.androidruu.com/ Reported for problem with MSQL: Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/ruu/public_html/admin/dbconnect.php on line 11
    Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

and fixed now;)

Aosp/cm Roms always have less battery life then sense..and for kernels please try yourself no one can say which kernel is the best for your device...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
    How to restore a backup :

1: flash the boot.img from the backup
    2: make a full wipe in recovery

Factory reset
    Wipe cache partition
    Advanced-wipe dalvik cache
    Mounts and storage-format cache,system and data

Then restore the nandroid backup