Please Create Carrier Specific LG G2 Threads.

Do you want LG G2 threads for each carrier? General, Q&A, accessories, etc by carrier

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bigpappa

Jan 24, 2011
Buffalo
Right now we only have carrier specific threads for development. While those are needed and appreciated I am finding it extremely difficult to learn or locate carrier specific information on xda. The threads for general, Q&A, accessories, and themes are crossing over each other and its like wading thru a swamp of information. I am personally on sprint and I have found myself ending up in threads that have nothing to do with sprint hoping to find fixes or ideas that dont even apply to my model. Frankly, its very frustrating. I can from the photon, and my wife has the htc one. I have used xda for those models in the past, and still do, and can find informatikn specific to my carrier easily.

Can I use search? Sure I worked in the web search industry for over a decade but that doesnt help if I can choose a specific category (that category in this case being sprint). So searching for info in the lg g2 threads as they are now is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I know there are other people who must feel the same as I do about this. Id simply like my experience in the lg g2 forums to be as good as it is in other places on xda. I dont know why the g2 forums were set up like this, but frankly its a nightmare content wise. It would also help development further by breaking out info carrier by carrier.

Mods, we need carrier specific forums for the g2. Please add yourself to this post of you feel the same way. Those that dont can start a different thread to leave things the same as they are now. This if for those that feel doing this would improve their g2 experience on xda.

xdafoundingmember

Aug 17, 2013
Blame LG for this fragmentation nightmare. ...never and i mean never had there been so many variants. ...its sickening

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
Blame LG for this fragmentation nightmare. ...never and i mean never had there been so many variants. ...its sickening

Not really. There's a specific GS3 forum for each variant, and other Samsung devices. XDA probably doesn't realize LG has a decent size customer base that use these forums so they don't give them the attention they deserve.

bigpappa

Jan 24, 2011
Buffalo
Theres fragmentation with every device specific to each carrier to one extent or another. Im not talking about throwing blame for this reason or that reason. However, I do want people to speak up on this so that XDA will address and fix the LG G2 forums. I spent time in the htc one forums for my wifes phone tonight and because its sprint specific I found what I needed in minutes. I cannot do that with the LG side of XDA. Its a mess. I dont know how developers can even follow things enough to help anyone or keep track of things.

This disorganizatikn gives me a new level of respect for them and the craziness they deal with to help the average schmoe like me.

Reactions: TEXASMADE1978

Omar04

Jul 22, 2011
Kissimmee
Please this is much needed, all Samsung devices and other as well have carrier specific threads. LG G2 section is a huge mess.

Sent from my SM-N900P via TapaTalk PRO
Elite Tester

uly609

Jan 7, 2013
stockton
You should have included a poll so the mods can have some numbers to look at to see how many people would like it split into carrier specific threads.

bigpappa

Jan 24, 2011
Buffalo
I didnt think about a poll, but Im hoping that people will take the time to chime in here if nothing else just to show support for the idea by saying "Yes, I want to have carrier specific threads as well!"

Poll created. Please add you vote!

Last edited:
Reactions: bigox and uly609

TheTanker23

Nov 6, 2013
I'd love to have a specific section for the vzw g2. It'd make it so much easier to find things and be able to post problems/questions specifically about the Verizon version.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

DRACONIANDRAGON

Jun 6, 2010
This is an absolute must. For a site of this size to not organize its forums better is just a shame.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
Seems like Sprint has a large user base here. Didn't think this device was that popular on Sprint. It's actually nice to see more users on Sprint.

I'll add my +1 here but we may have to go to the dedicated forum request thread and post there.

Sent from my LG-LS980

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
I already said this in a thread that got deleted... but, and no offense to anyone, but I'm personally sick of weeding through the broken English posts on here. I'd really like a Verizon specific forum, like Android central does. I've never dealt with a phone that was combined like this, and some of these posts just make me cringe lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: trickster2369
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Right now we only have carrier specific threads for development. While those are needed and appreciated I am finding it extremely difficult to learn or locate carrier specific information on xda. The threads for general, Q&A, accessories, and themes are crossing over each other and its like wading thru a swamp of information. I am personally on sprint and I have found myself ending up in threads that have nothing to do with sprint hoping to find fixes or ideas that dont even apply to my model. Frankly, its very frustrating. I can from the photon, and my wife has the htc one. I have used xda for those models in the past, and still do, and can find informatikn specific to my carrier easily.

Can I use search? Sure I worked in the web search industry for over a decade but that doesnt help if I can choose a specific category (that category in this case being sprint). So searching for info in the lg g2 threads as they are now is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I know there are other people who must feel the same as I do about this. Id simply like my experience in the lg g2 forums to be as good as it is in other places on xda. I dont know why the g2 forums were set up like this, but frankly its a nightmare content wise. It would also help development further by breaking out info carrier by carrier.

Mods, we need carrier specific forums for the g2. Please add yourself to this post of you feel the same way. Those that dont can start a different thread to leave things the same as they are now. This if for those that feel doing this would improve their g2 experience on xda.

Not really. There's a specific GS3 forum for each variant, and other Samsung devices. XDA probably doesn't realize LG has a decent size customer base that use these forums so they don't give them the attention they deserve.
    Well us 803's and 805's don't even have a section. So just be happy you have a carrier section.

I didnt think about a poll, but Im hoping that people will take the time to chime in here if nothing else just to show support for the idea by saying "Yes, I want to have carrier specific threads as well!"

Poll created. Please add you vote!
    Theres fragmentation with every device specific to each carrier to one extent or another. Im not talking about throwing blame for this reason or that reason. However, I do want people to speak up on this so that XDA will address and fix the LG G2 forums. I spent time in the htc one forums for my wifes phone tonight and because its sprint specific I found what I needed in minutes. I cannot do that with the LG side of XDA. Its a mess. I dont know how developers can even follow things enough to help anyone or keep track of things.

This disorganizatikn gives me a new level of respect for them and the craziness they deal with to help the average schmoe like me.