[Q] Omni ROM Internal Storage Issues

Search This thread

russelm

Nov 27, 2011
Hi,

I am running the latest Omni ROM nightly (12/17) and my internal storage has a major bug where it says I have 170Mb free space when only ~400Mb is actually used by apps and caches, this is out of the 2Gb possible.

To see if this was a bad flash I verified the MD5 on my 12/17 nightly ROM and then re-flashed Omni which on first boot correctly presented the internal storage full space but after the first play store app was installed (xda premium) it jumped back to the space situation described above.

I can't install any more play store apps due to "insufficient storage"

Anyone have this happen or have any idea's?

Thanks,!

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
When wiping the cache and davlik cache had no effect, I wiped the phone, reinstalled CM, and restored a Titanium backup. It is showing the correct amount of free space now. [...]

@russelm, Have you tried this solution from the other thread that you posted in? ^^^

Hi,

I am running the latest Omni ROM nightly (12/17) and my internal storage has a major bug where it says I have 170Mb free space when only ~400Mb is actually used by apps and caches, this is out of the 2Gb possible.

To see if this was a bad flash I verified the MD5 on my 12/17 nightly ROM and then re-flashed Omni which on first boot correctly presented the internal storage full space but after the first play store app was installed (xda premium) it jumped back to the space situation described above.

Thanks,!

russelm

Nov 27, 2011
Yes and after it did have the correct internal flash size then I installed an app from the play store and checked the internal storage and it was broken again

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

russelm

Nov 27, 2011
I don't have 10 posts the minimum to comment in the other sub-forums. Yes I could've PM'ed the OP but that is only a single person audience.

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
-Have you tried different apps as your "first app install"?
-What housekeeping did you perform inbetween your prior firmware and OMNI?
-Have you tried and observed this behavior on other ROMS since it has shown up on OMNI?

Yes and after it did have the correct internal flash size then I installed an app from the play store and checked the internal storage and it was broken again [...]

Reactions: SteveMurphy

parth.tomar

Nov 16, 2013
Insufficient storage issue

I have Omni ROM 4.4.2 (26.12.2013 nightly build + kernel - 3.0.6-CM-ge07399aa) installed in my samsung Galaxy Note 1.

Phone works fine but when I try to install an app (size doesn't matter) it reports that it has insufficient space.

In storage, phone tells that Internal sotrage first has 216 MB space free and second has 10.53 GB free and further this I have external SD card with 8 GB memory.

looked at other posts and tried various options with different cache clean options etc but no benefit. I don't want to wipeout the entire phone.

Please help me.

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
I have Omni ROM 4.4.2 (26.12.2013 nightly build + kernel - 3.0.6-CM-ge07399aa) installed in my samsung Galaxy Note 1.

Phone works fine but when I try to install an app (size doesn't matter) it reports that it has insufficient space.

In storage, phone tells that Internal sotrage first has 216 MB space free and second has 10.53 GB free and further this I have external SD card with 8 GB memory.

looked at other posts and tried various options with different cache clean options etc but no benefit. I don't want to wipeout the entire phone.

Please help me.
You might have to, but not all is lost. Install Titanium Backup and back up the apps you have (don't back up system data). Next, do a wipe of everything and restore the apps using Titanium Backup. It's worth a try to see if this resolves the issue.

russelm

Nov 27, 2011
It was ART for me that caused the memory issues, stick to davlik

Reactions: azeem40

m0teki

Mar 27, 2012
Having the same issues ! , even after wiping and formatting (it did work for a while , then came back)..
i Started deleting apps - but for some reason "free space" does not grow back to normal (i.e - clearing an app that weighs 2gb does not show the space was claimed back...)

jonners59

Oct 4, 2010
London
I have the same problem It is common on Android from what i have seen on many threads and websites, but not found an answer any where

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When wiping the cache and davlik cache had no effect, I wiped the phone, reinstalled CM, and restored a Titanium backup. It is showing the correct amount of free space now. [...]

@russelm, Have you tried this solution from the other thread that you posted in? ^^^

Hi,

Thanks,!
    You know..... I would've just asked in the Omni thread or pm'd the dev. Just my silly logical thinking i suppose.
    -Have you tried different apps as your "first app install"?
    -What housekeeping did you perform inbetween your prior firmware and OMNI?
    -Have you tried and observed this behavior on other ROMS since it has shown up on OMNI?

Yes and after it did have the correct internal flash size then I installed an app from the play store and checked the internal storage and it was broken again [...]
    It was ART for me that caused the memory issues, stick to davlik