[Q] HTC one M7 bricked??? Please HELPPP

Search This thread

sedoriku

Dec 22, 2013
Hello everybody,

I am new here, but after many searches I found out that this forum can be quite useful. Unfortunately I couldn't find the answer to my problem. Here you go, I start very well for my first thread:
I just got a HTC one M7 international version GSM from a friend, very nice phone and it was already rooted and had Trickdroid installed on it. I started to talk to my friend and he told me I should install KIt Kat on the phone... and from there it went all wrong...
I tried to install a KIT KAT rom I found online, it didn't work and the phone wouldn't start anymore, I would just have access to recovery mode (CWM is installed) and fastboot/bootloader. From there, the phone wasn't recognized anymore by my pc when connected to USB. I then used a mini USB cable to connect a USB key with different .zip file to load them to the phone.
After many attemps, one file finally worked (all the other would abort installation), it was insertcoin M7 kustomizer... I know I should have had reloaded Trickdroid 11.0.0 on it, but it was taking ages to download and went the fast way... which was a really bad decision I guess.
After the installation of insertcoin, the phone rebooted and... rebooted...and keeps rebooting to the HTC white screen (with the red warning: this build is for...)... it goes on and on...
Only thing I can do is hold the volume down key when it reboots and then it takes me to fastboot/bootloader. From there when I try to go to recovery mode it goes to recovery mode for half a second and reboot directly to the white HTC screen over and over again....
Also, USB device is not recognized (but strange, HTC sync manager starts even though it tells me no phone is connected).

Now I have the Trickdroid 11 file ready (1.1GB) but there is no way to install it on the phone... I really don't see how to do it anymore, did I really screw up big time and my phone is more or less a dead weight?

I am going to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia at the end of the week, maybe someone will be able to find a solution for me...

I shouldn't have touched a phone that was working very well....I know... :(

sedoriku

Dec 22, 2013
Is the all in one tool going to help? I installed it but since my phone is not recognized by the computer (windows 8.1) when connected via USB, I don't seem to be able to do anything...

Heavywater88

Nov 17, 2011
portland
Is the all in one tool going to help? I installed it but since my phone is not recognized by the computer (windows 8.1) when connected via USB, I don't seem to be able to do anything...

This is all if you can find a way to get files to your phone...

I'm not sure which recovery you have but when upgrading from Android 4.2.2, and 4.3 the recovery you are using needs to be updated to the most current version. For example if you are running TWRP recovery you need to be running TWRP 2.6.3.3 for everything to run smoothly. In order to do this though you will need to download your original ROM (No matter how long it takes). Then go google play store and download goo.im and update you recovery with openrecoveryscript and update from there and you should be fine. I would also like to note that it's fully recommended that when you flash 4.4 KK you do a full wipe. This means userdata/cache/dalvik cache wipe, otherwise you will run into problems. Let me know if I missed anything or if you have anymore questions!

Reactions: sedoriku

sedoriku

Dec 22, 2013
Thank you, but unfortunately I still couldn't find a way to access the files on the phone, no matter what I do. The phone starts by itself to the HTC white screen when I connect it to the main to charge it... I can only access fastboot/bootloader... I feel useless...

Dsssjjj

Dec 20, 2013
I feel your pain

Thank you, but unfortunately I still couldn't find a way to access the files on the phone, no matter what I do. The phone starts by itself to the HTC white screen when I connect it to the main to charge it... I can only access fastboot/bootloader... I feel useless...

After my htc one freezing on the 'quietly trickdroid' loading screen my phone will now not turn on, AT ALL! I think it's screwed : S

sedoriku

Dec 22, 2013
I just arrived in Kuala Lumpur and took it to a little shop, they told me they will fix it for me by tomorrow for 50USD... I'll let you know tomorrow if they managed to make the magic happen. I think they would reinstall stock, but that's fine with me, much better than a bricked "rooted" phone. It will take me a while before I start to screw up with a phone again...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is all if you can find a way to get files to your phone...

I'm not sure which recovery you have but when upgrading from Android 4.2.2, and 4.3 the recovery you are using needs to be updated to the most current version. For example if you are running TWRP recovery you need to be running TWRP 2.6.3.3 for everything to run smoothly. In order to do this though you will need to download your original ROM (No matter how long it takes). Then go google play store and download goo.im and update you recovery with openrecoveryscript and update from there and you should be fine. I would also like to note that it's fully recommended that when you flash 4.4 KK you do a full wipe. This means userdata/cache/dalvik cache wipe, otherwise you will run into problems. Let me know if I missed anything or if you have anymore questions!