[May 2, 2011][Bootanimation] Resident Evil Umbrella Login Bootanimation

Search This thread

TheSkepticalGuy

Thanks XDA for featuring my work on the front page.

umbrella-bootscreen.gif

Note: This is a low resolution image and for demonstration purposes only.

Hello guys this is my second Bootanimation and hope you guys like it.

Download:

MediaFire: Download - 480x800

MegaUpload: Download - 320x480 <<<Fixed 4/7/11

MegaUpload: "NEW" Download - 490x800 4/8/11

Installation:

1. Copy bootanimation.zip to the root of your SD Card

2. Move it to /data/local/ or /system/media/ and replace existing one using root explorer.

Reboot and Enjoy!

If animation is to fast or if you need it to work on your older phone, open attached desc.txt file and just modify the the resolution values based on your device screen size (high end devices 480x800 (width x height).
Example: if your resolution values are 320x480, your txt file should look like this in the first line:

320 480 12

If trying to install on Desire based rom place in system/customize/resource :)

If you like my work don't forget to Thank me on this post.

Last edited:

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
htchd2ncopy.jpg

0000ks.png

Note: These are a low resolution images and for demonstration purposes only.

Download:

MediaFire: Download

Installation:

2. Move it to /data/local/ or /system/media/ and replace existing one using root explorer.

Reboot and Enjoy!

If animation is to fast or if you need it to work on your older phone, open attached desc.txt file and just modify the the resolution values based on your device screen size (high end devices 480x800 (width x height).
Example: if your resolution values are 320x480, your txt file should look like this in the first line:

320 480 12

this looks sweet!!!

Reactions: enka

ghost_141

Dec 9, 2010
Edomex
In the directories /data/local/ or /system/media/ does not exist any bootanimation.zip. Could you help me, I have a LG P500. Thanks.

androidarmin

Jun 18, 2010
Frankfurt Area
Awesome animation, I love it.. Thanks much for creating it!!!

Only little problem I have: it's running way too fast on my HTC EVO (w/ Calkulin's EViO ROM v1.7.7.. THE BEST CUSTOM ROM... - EVER!).

Where's the file the Dev is talking about? Is it part of the zip file..? I guess so, as nothing else downloaded...

Will be tinkering with it a bit, hoping to figure it out...

Did I say "THANK YOU!" already?? :)

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

S

SuitsandLadders

This is amazing. Best boot animation yet! Thanks OP!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

jase33

Jul 29, 2010
- /
Awesome animation, I love it.. Thanks much for creating it!!!

Only little problem I have: it's running way too fast on my HTC EVO (w/ Calkulin's EViO ROM v1.7.7.. THE BEST CUSTOM ROM... - EVER!).

Where's the file the Dev is talking about? Is it part of the zip file..? I guess so, as nothing else downloaded...

Will be tinkering with it a bit, hoping to figure it out...

Did I say "THANK YOU!" already?? :)

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

The file youre looking for, "desc.txt", is in the .zip file of the download.

enzola

Mar 19, 2011
Doral
enzola.com
There's only one problem. It is going to fast but it is set to my resolution though and I am assuming if I lower it, it will also lower the quality, or I may be wrong. Other than then perfect.

cynikalJ

May 24, 2010
Is there a way to put my name and such in the blanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

S

SuitsandLadders

If you could have it enter login information one letter at a time for Dante or another character from the game before the umbrella starts to spin faster that'd be awesome! Just a suggestion, either way this is sick.

TheSkepticalGuy

If you could have it enter login information one letter at a time for Dante or another character from the game before the umbrella starts to spin faster that'd be awesome! Just a suggestion, either way this is sick.

I am currently Working on it so stay tune for an updated version soon, i'll add a poll to see which name you guys prefer on it.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Dec 29, 2009
Um... I can't get it to work. Well, it's not it. I can't remove my other boot animation, it says it's read only. How do I fix that? I'm new to Android, I admit. My last phone was a windows mobile 6.5 phone, and I don't know much about Android currently.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out.

Last edited:

TheSkepticalGuy

Um... I can't get it to work. Well, it's not it. I can't remove my other boot animation, it says it's read only. How do I fix that? I'm new to Android, I admit. My last phone was a windows mobile 6.5 phone, and I don't know much about Android currently.

Download root explorer from the market and push the zip file to /data/local/ or to /system/media/

Enjoy!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks XDA for featuring my work on the front page.

umbrella-bootscreen.gif

Note: This is a low resolution image and for demonstration purposes only.

Download:

MediaFire: Download - 480x800

MegaUpload: Download - 320x480 <<<Fixed 4/7/11

MegaUpload: "NEW" Download - 490x800 4/8/11

Installation:

Reboot and Enjoy!

320 480 12

If trying to install on Desire based rom place in system/customize/resource :)

If you like my work don't forget to Thank me on this post.
    htchd2ncopy.jpg

0000ks.png

Note: These are a low resolution images and for demonstration purposes only.

Download:

MediaFire: Download

Installation:

Reboot and Enjoy!

320 480 12

this looks sweet!!!
    Yeah!! It worked, I flashed back to froyo 2.2.1 JPU and it worked. I think it was because my rom was an RC and many things didn't work.
    Thanks for your work.

Por Nada! Nuevas Animaciones muy pronto.
    Thanks i got it to work finally. Had to toggle rw/ro in root explorer before pushing. It works nice thank you so much

Your Welcome! don't forget to Thank me on this post.
    So on my HD2 i tried changing the desc.txt to 490x800 because its not really centered on my screen, but when i changed it, it was a black screen.
    Will using the fixed version make it centered?

unzip files and rezip them using winrar but you have to change the settings to "Store" so the images don't get compressed.